Sponsored

Jeep corporate cancelled my price-protected sold 392 order after waiting 3 months, will never buy a Jeep again [Closed Due to Politics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392XR, 2015 GC Summit
You say shady, I say 100% legal. Entitled to your opinion.
Yeah I guess it is, especially since you're still scheduled to get the Jeep...let me know how much you enjoy driving it...oh wait!
Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Well, you did get out of paying vehicle taxes!

You tried something shady and it didn't work.
Just 'cos many do it doesn't make it less shady.

The 'C' in LLC means it isn't a sale to an individual.

The following video explains it all

Yeah, my order went thru with no problem. Must be cuz I used my actual address. Oh and my state has no sales tax šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
I would say 99.999% is the dealer making up bs and selling the 392 to someone who can pay mark up.
I have put down over $4060 deposit on a 392 at autonation CDJR north fort worth and 2 month later they saying they can't sell the vehicle out of state and sold it to someone else.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
The dealer represents the manufacturer.

I'm telling you what the dealer told me. There was no mention whatsoever of anything tax-related, only that Jeep sees the address as "fleet" and canceled because of that. Even if I lived at that address they still would've canceled it.
Did you see the actual communication from Stallantis to the dealer(s) regarding this policy change? Who now gets your order?

Did you have a VIN? In what status was your order (D, D-1, etc.)?

Sponsored

OP
OP

dgoldenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Did you see the actual communication from Stallantis to the dealer(s) regarding this policy change? Who now gets your order?

Did you have a VIN? In what status was your order (D, D-1, etc.)?
The dealer read the email to me over the phone, it mirrored what he said that Jeep consider the address a "fleet" address and the order is canceled. He was trying to see if they'd let me change the address to my personal one but Jeep already canceled it.

I've had a VIN for 3 months. I'm not too familiar with the order status codes but it didn't have a scheduled build date yet.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
College Professor
The dealer read the email to me over the phone, it mirrored what he said that Jeep consider the address a "fleet" address and the order is canceled. He was trying to see if they'd let me change the address to my personal one but Jeep already canceled it.

I've had a VIN for 3 months. I'm not too familiar with the order status codes but it didn't have a scheduled build date yet.
So Stallantis communicated a canceled order through email to the dealership or was this an official communication to all dealers? Iā€™ve purchased so many cars over the years, that this is either missing info, or just not adding up. Typically when manufacturers have a policy such as this or an official policy change, they send an official communication to all dealers outlining said policy change.

I would request the dealer produce the official communication outlining this policy, not read it to me over the phone.

OP
OP

dgoldenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So Stallantis communicated a canceled order through email to the dealership or was this an official communication to all dealers? Iā€™ve purchased so many cars over the years, that this is either missing info, or just not adding up. Typically when manufacturers have a policy such as this or an official policy change, they send an official communication to all dealers outlining said policy change.

I would request the dealer produce the official communication outlining this policy, not read it to me over the phone.
It is my understanding that Jeep does not have a written policy on this (yet) and they wrote the email specific to the VIN, and I assume to all other impacted VINs. I asked the dealer if they had anything official in writing from Jeep about the policy and they said no. I don't think it matters much at this point since the order is already canceled and I'd have to start over again from scratch.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
College Professor
It is my understanding that Jeep does not have a written policy on this (yet) and they wrote the email specific to the VIN, and I assume to all other impacted VINs. I asked the dealer if they had anything official in writing from Jeep about the policy and they said no. I don't think it matters much at this point since the order is already canceled and I'd have to start over again from scratch.
From whom did the email originate? Will the dealer provide you with said email?

Then back to a question I asked earlier, who gets the order? The order has already been assigned a VIN and been schedule to be built. So who gets it? My guess is the dealer as on the order sheet it states: ā€œSold toā€ and the dealerā€™s name is next to it. Will be interesting to see what happens.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

You say shady, I say 100% legal. Entitled to your opinion.
LOL. As shown by legal precedent, in your home state of Nevada, what you are doing is, in fact, 100% NOT legal (https://tax.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/ta...Lambeth - Settlement Agreement - redacted.pdf)

It is absolutely 100% legal for Montana to offer you an LLC (by Montana's state law) and it is 100% legal for you to register a Montana LLC (due to interstate commerce laws). It is, however, 100% NOT legal for you to use that LLC to purchase a vehicle in Nevada using that Montana LLC to avoid paying Nevada taxes (by Nevada's state law). Again, your home state has shown that they will absolutely enforce their laws against tax evasion, which is 100% what you were doing.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dgoldenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
LOL. As shown by legal precedent, in your home state of Nevada, what you are doing is, in fact, 100% NOT legal (https://tax.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/taxnvgov/Content/Boards/Nevada_Tax_Commission_Forms/Rondi Lambeth - Settlement Agreement - redacted.pdf)

It is absolutely 100% legal for Montana to offer you an LLC (by Montana's state law) and it is 100% legal for you to register a Montana LLC (due to interstate commerce laws). It is, however, 100% NOT legal for you to use that LLC to purchase a vehicle in Nevada using that Montana LLC to avoid paying Nevada taxes (by Nevada's state law). Again, your home state has shown that they will absolutely enforce their laws against tax evasion, which is 100% what you were doing.
Ok lawyer buddy. This has been contested before and the plaintiff won the case. The link above is for a settlement where the plaintiff didnā€™t want to fight it.

Once again, the order cancellation has nothing to do with taxes. Zero.

spinxt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Iā€™m not sure what Jeep ā€œcorporateā€ as you call it has anything to do with it. All they do is slap an MSRP sticker on it. Price negotiation happens at the dealer level.
i agree that your order shouldnt have been without notice, but I think your taking your frustration out on ā€œcorporateā€unnecessarily. If the list/MSRP price changed, itā€™s up to the dealer if they want to assume the difference or pass along to the consumer. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
One corporation (Stellantis) not doing business with another corporation (Montana LLC), nothing to see here.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.