Jeep constantly not wanting to start

Tully21

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Since April I've had constant trouble with my Jeep not wanting to start. 2019 JLU. I had a lift, tires, bumper, headlights, tazer, and winch installed late March. Early April my issues started. Not convinced it's due to all that, but the timing could just be a coincidence.

After multiple tows to the dealership, they finally replaced the aux battery early June (which after some research I suspected was the issue due to the symptoms) and I replaced the main battery last week (so they both were new), and suspected my issues were solved. I even unhooked the winch from the battery in case it might have been drawing some power. Went to go start it last night and nothing. Dash lights all went on and error messages came up like before the batteries were replaced. Friend came and gave me a jump and now the engine light is on. Also when I tried to start it I would also get a high-pitched sound coming from the engine bay that lasted for about 5 minutes then shut off. A search concluded that it might be the electronic throttle body that was whining. Is that normal?

I thought replacing the batteries would solve my problem but I'm about at my wit's end with this thing. Anybody have any ideas?
Sponsored

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
check the voltage of the new aux battery. May be bad or may not be charging due to fuse array.

Megione

First Name
Meghan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
So I used to have a renegade and this happen to me with that. It wasn’t throwing codes either supposedly. It actually won’t start in the Jeep dealership bay. They had my Jeep for a week and rewired my Jeep. The was a burnt wire. It was 6 months after I bought it. I bought it brand new. I ended up getting rid of it a year later because a lot of burning smells. Warranty covered the rewiring

MilkSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
So I used to have a renegade and this happen to me with that. It wasn’t throwing codes either supposedly. It actually won’t start in the Jeep dealership bay. They had my Jeep for a week and rewired my Jeep. The was a burnt wire. It was 6 months after I bought it. I bought it brand new. I ended up getting rid of it a year later because a lot of burning smells. Warranty covered the rewiring
This happened to me on my JK. A Winch cable going to my battery drooped down onto something hot and melted.
OP I would double check any new wires that were added with the Winch or headlights. Make sure everything is tied up nicely ans not pinched or melted

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
As mentioned, probably the fuse array blew when doing your mods. This leaves the alternator unable to charge the small battery.
Sponsored