Jeep.com teases JL launch with videos

The Great Grape Ape

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
If that’s all they’re doing for their Thanksgiving campaign it seems like a missed opportunity.

Advertisement

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Those launch videos suck

Jeepsterfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Yup...confirms the R in upper left as well...note the block disengage button on the shifter as well...

Not a fan of that, btw....hated that on the rentals I've had in Germany.

Funny, though...first time using it...couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go into reverse. Didn't know there was a physical block and that the shifter had a little thing to pull up to disengage it. Turns out you can go past the block if enough force is applied :D
Good catch. The owners manual states to pull up on the reverse ring to shift into reverse. I guess it's the red ring below the shift knob.

The Countach uses a metal lever in the shift gate to block reverse. Just learned that watching Chasing Classic Cars.

IMG_0678.JPG

aml

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I like the videos. Pretty creative. Looking foreword to Nov 29th to seeing the rest of my questions answered.

ResponsibleAdult

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
I imagine marketing people sitting around a table, brainstorming 7 letter words, and shouting things like, "Damn it, Marvin! That's 8 letters AGAIN! Is it that you can't count, or can't spell???"

DanW

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
Vehicle Showcase
Newest one posted by Jeep.

"Get ready for the next level: The All-New 2018 Jeep Wrangler arrives 11.29.17."

Not much there, but still pretty cool! One thing I love about Jeep is the connection to the past. Even the YJ has taken a place of honor in its history. It sure had a rough start, though! Even with its square headlights, it was the Jeep that started my addiction. I love seeing it's face in that clip!

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement