Jeep.com Chat

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just spoke with "Delores" in Jeep.com chat at 10:45pm EST 4/18/2018. She said that they NEVER give out status codes and that she has been there for 6 years. lol I have requested codes via Jeep.com chat before, and they provided 100% of the time without hesitation. No problem until now. She said the policy changed that they are no longer allowed to give out codes because it makes the customers upset. When I asked when this policy changed, she refused to answer. When I suggested she read my prior chat logs to see that they have always given out the codes, she refused to acknowledge that I was give the codes before every time even though she said she read the prior chat logs. So I exited chat, got a different person and they also refused to give the status code. What gives? Are there different chat people based on time zones perhaps and different teams have different policies? I called the 877-426-5337 number and they gave me the status code right away.
Sponsored

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ehhhh. I think they all talk and decide on how best to screw with people that day. Today it is refusing to give status codes, a couple weeks ago they claimed if you checked too much your order would be put on hold for “security reasons”. It’s all nonsense and I wouldn’t waste my time with them.

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Ehhhh. I think they all talk and decide on how best to screw with people that day. Today it is refusing to give status codes, a couple weeks ago they claimed if you checked too much your order would be put on hold for “security reasons”. It’s all nonsense and I wouldn’t waste my time with them.
It is nice to see any sort of "progress" or if there is a snag in movement so it can be addressed. But the chat people didn't seem to care when I explained that. I had someone live on the phone while I was chatting in parallel. I told the phone people what the chat person was saying and they said they had always given out the codes. Several weeks ago, my order had been held up in D status for a long time, then when I finally got the dealer to call the FCA rep, it went from D to D1 on that same day. The dealer said that if I hadn't complained, it might have stayed in D status for several more weeks. Now it is finally in JB status. You'd think they would be happy to share information. I just discovered today, that the Amazon app for my phone gives a map of where the truck is with your package. It also said "there are 5 more deliveries before yours" and showed the dot moving live on a map. Then it showed the truck on my street, then the truck showed up at my driveway. All that for a $20 order. You'd think FCA could at least send you a status code update via email or SMS text for a $45K+ order.

Ralph2018JL

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And yet more complaints about Jeep chat. CALL YOUR DEALER

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
And yet more complaints about Jeep chat. CALL YOUR DEALER
My dealer isn't very responsive. It is hit or miss with dealers, as others have said on these forums. If I had thought of it ahead of time, I guess I should of given the dealer a list of questions, like "do you respond to inquiries within a reasonable amount of time (48 to 72 hours)?" But they of course would say yes, even if they don't. Who says "Yeah, I'm always late to work" during a job interview.

Sponsored

Ralph2018JL

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer isn't very responsive. It is hit or miss with dealers, as others have said on these forums. If I had thought of it ahead of time, I guess I should of given the dealer a list of questions, like "do you respond to inquiries within a reasonable amount of time (48 to 72 hours)?" But they of course would say yes, even if they don't. Who says "Yeah, I'm always late to work" during a job interview.
When I call my dealer, I ask to speak to the sales manager, not my salesman, and I call during the week in the late morning. I usually get an answer while I'm still on the phone. Once he called me back within 10 minutes after getting an answer from his FC rep. The key is, I don't badger them, I've called maybe 3 times in a 2 month period.

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
When I call my dealer, I ask to speak to the sales manager, not my salesman, and I call during the week in the late morning. I usually get an answer while I'm still on the phone. Once he called me back within 10 minutes after getting an answer from his FC rep. The key is, I don't badger them, I've called maybe 3 times in a 2 month period.
I also tried the sales manager. I'm not try to get status as often as others have been in these forums, but this is ridiculous.

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon
Same here...salesmen just want to make the sale, then after that, it seems as you are chopped liver.

I do the same as others...check jeep.com chat once a week, then call every other week. Then pray the dealer responds to my emails with status updates. Frustrating to say the least...

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
common, typical and unfortunate story. customer relations is not very high on their list of concerns it seems.

I'm not sure about other topics, but as far as getting a status on your purchase from jeepchat - it's worthless. Even if you get a "good" status - how do you know? I've yet to read about anyone who has had consistently good experience with them. I mean, I guess the possibility exists, but I am doubtful

I've found the (best) source of data for me is the tracker by @JLWF Dealer Guy. That by far has saved my sanity during the order-tracking progress. The spreadsheets are updated 1-2x a day, and that information is almost spot-on accurate every time, especially once the Jeep moves out of "D"

The dealer is the most "accurate"; but who wants to call the dealer 2x a day? that would get them annoyed pretty quick, even if you have a great relationship with them. I'm blessed in that the GM at the dealership I ordered mine is a personal friend, and I checked in with him once a week until the Jeep started moving. after it moved into a status (out of D), I've been giving HIM status updates from the spreadsheet tracker ;) But up until it got to D1, he was the most accurate

without a good relationship with the dealer and the tracker available here in these forums, I would have been in a fire-and-forget situation - place the order, and just call me when it arrives. If I wait too long I'll go find one on a lot - or a different vehicle - somewhere instead. sucks, but relying on JeepChat would give you an ulcer.

I tried JeepChat, and they were terrible. every time. not sure what their purpose is - but it's not customer relations and it's definitely not order status information.

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares is no good and they dont care, its a 9-5 job for them you didnt buy your jeep from them. The mindset of customer service and being loyal to a company for 30 - 40 years is no longer there ( you dont see a person putting that much time with one company these days) and this is the result of a generation we have now.

Sponsored

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I would call Jeep direct. I didn't have much luck with Jeep chat but when I called and spoke to a person I was able to get a lot more info.

White Butte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I just spoke with "Delores" in Jeep.com chat at 10:45pm EST 4/18/2018. She said that they NEVER give out status codes and that she has been there for 6 years. lol I have requested codes via Jeep.com chat before, and they provided 100% of the time without hesitation. No problem until now. She said the policy changed that they are no longer allowed to give out codes because it makes the customers upset. When I asked when this policy changed, she refused to answer. When I suggested she read my prior chat logs to see that they have always given out the codes, she refused to acknowledge that I was give the codes before every time even though she said she read the prior chat logs. So I exited chat, got a different person and they also refused to give the status code. What gives? Are there different chat people based on time zones perhaps and different teams have different policies? I called the 877-426-5337 number and they gave me the status code right away.
I talked with Brittany on Jeep chat yesterday, the 18th, she gave me my code with no hesitation. Hmmm.... what gives?

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I talked with Brittany on Jeep chat yesterday, the 18th, she gave me my code with no hesitation. Hmmm.... what gives?
I just realized, that most likely chat is managed by a different call center that manages chat after a certain hour (not sure exactly what time). So you get more accurate and pleasant-to-work-with attitudes in the morning, and you get angry people who don't want to help in the evenings.

White Butte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I just realized, that most likely chat is managed by a different call center that manages chat after a certain hour (not sure exactly what time). So you get more accurate and pleasant-to-work-with attitudes in the morning, and you get angry people who don't want to help in the evenings.
Yeah I usually check up with chat before lunchtime.

ManLovesRobot

First Name
Manus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I use JeepChat in the AM and they give me the code if I ask. They can only give a general code like KZ but they do offer it up. Also just for fun I do it every single weekday. I would love to pay and get access to the spreadsheet but I think it's only open when the stars align. ;) What number are you guys calling to get a little more info then JeepChat?

My sales person is indifferent. He apologizes and shakes his fist at the sky but it seems I am the only one that has any passion to get my freaking 120 day old order!
Sponsored