Sponsored

Jeep Cares ... Not in my experience

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
So let me preface this rant many stating I’ve owned jeeps for over a decade and also own a ram.

Our 2021 Rubicon through the CEL the day we picked it up after 36 miles. It cleared then came on again after the dealer checked it and we got home.
I have been understanding and flat out get that shit happens ...

What I have 0 tolerance or patience for is the customer service provided by Jeep Cares. I could barely understand the customer service rep who transferred me to the wrong department. When I asked that rep for a manager I was told that “THEY ARE RELATIVELY BUSY AND THE BEST THEY COULD DO IS GIVE ME A 24 hour call back”

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The jeep has now been at a dealership for service forever more days than at my house since taking ownership and I can’t even talk to a manager ... UNACCEPTABLE BY ANY STANDARD
Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I think I am about to have a similar experience and it's all over a simple keyfob failure.

Oh and I was told today that the dealer can't adjust for tire size. I asked the service advisor why and he said the techs had been locked out of that part of the computer. I call BS. I know they can't get into the RF Hub anymore to change TPMS low/high PSI thresholds but to state that they are locked out of the entire BCM is a total lie. If it were true they'd be unable to test more than 50% of the sensors and modules in the vehicle tied to the BCM.

Where the hell did Customer Service & Honesty go?

It's gonna be an interesting appointment....

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I had about a 4 month ordeal with my 2018 last year that resulted in 4 trips to 2 different dealers. I was assigned two different case managers with Jeep cares, the second of which I spoke to once over the course of 2 months. She never returned calls or emails, and her manager didn’t either.

the only thing they actually helped me with was expediting a part to my dealer. Too bad that part didn’t end up fixing my problem.

every time I read a positive story about Jeep cares on this forum, I wonder whose corn flakes I pissed in to be 0-2 on case managers.

OP
OP
FrostySerb

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Wow - Yea I guess I was expecting more I mean like I said I get it, shit happens ... I was told by my dealership that Corp put a stop order on my part order so they could evaluate it (determine time pull the trans on a brand new jeep) and the dealership never heard back from them today so I figured ... hey let me get in their ear as well ...

I was so infuriated ... that’s life though could always be worse

have a good evening everyone

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I think I am about to have a similar experience and it's all over a simple keyfob failure.

Oh and I was told today that the dealer can't adjust for tire size. I asked the service advisor why and he said the techs had been locked out of that part of the computer. I call BS. I know they can't get into the RF Hub anymore to change TPMS low/high PSI thresholds but to state that they are locked out of the entire BCM is a total lie. If it were true they'd be unable to test more than 50% of the sensors and modules in the vehicle tied to the BCM.

Where the hell did Customer Service & Honesty go?

It's gonna be an interesting appointment....
As a follow up to the BCM access issue I called a trusted friend who is a MOPAR Service Advisor who's dealership (he's worked there since 2006) sells a lot of Jeeps.

I asked him if the response I got from my dealer is true. In typical smart ass fashion he tells me, "Well, Yes No Maybe It Depends."

Apparently, in order to gain access to the BCM areas that are open for use, the dealership has to pay for a license to utilize certain MOPAR technologies and proprietary data and then is granted the keys to the kingdom.

So I'll be sure to keep this in the back of my mind during my scheduled visit on Monday.

Either my Service Advisor is lying, he's misinformed or he's been told to say that.

Oh, they will sell me a programmer if I want one. I was told the warranty will cover it and changes made with it if they provided it. They may even install it for you...for a fee.

Man....this visit is gonna be so much fun!
Sponsored