Sponsored

Jeep camper

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
well without going into. A lot of details I am going to a semi van life state of existence. A couple of reasons. But the big one I love my Jeep so much I don’t want to rack up 100,000 miles on pavement. So I decided to buy a van and build it out as livable. To work out of. Being a Jeep guy my choice of vans is predicated on being able to convert it to. 4 wheel drive. No I can,t afford and don’t want a Mercedes benz sprinter. Every day I walk my dogs past a brand new rubicon gladiator. And today it hits me like a hammer on an anvil. So jeep if you are listening do this take the rubicon gladiator and build a camper on it. Use the front hood, and front 2 sears build the van top from there back add a acouple battle born deep cycle batteries solar have the front seat have the removable top maybe build it tall enough to stand up in a water tank etc. if you think I am crazy some of those Benz camper vans are 200k. I would buy a Jeep camper in a heart beat unless they charged 200 k for it And guess what a bone stock Benz 4x4 is 69 k if you can find one. Used 40 year old Vanagons are 35-40 k it would sell like crazy . People are paying 13 k for a 4x4 conversion to a ford transit. With no lockers no lift running a 225 70 16 add the lift lockers to the conversion. And you are pushing. 20 k. It’s a crazy world out here
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I think there’s small aftermarket campers that you can mount to vehicles. I think I saw one for sale online somewhere.

Sponsored

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
expensive but I like the design on the JKUs.
Mine has been on order with Ursa Minor for over two years now. At the time, they told me I'd be camping by that summer. The fuzzy date just keeps pushing back. Nice product, but i think these guys are more interested in surfing than running a business.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been on order with Ursa Minor for over two years now. At the time, they told me I'd be camping by that summer. The fuzzy date just keeps pushing back. Nice product, but i think these guys are more interested in surfing than running a business.
Yes! I figured they would have dialed this thing in by now. No updates on their website either. It’s just as it was 2 years ago. Their production capacity must be the issue. I hope they get it figured out.

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yes! I figured they would have dialed this thing in by now. No updates on their website either. It’s just as it was 2 years ago. Their production capacity must be the issue. I hope they get it figured out.
"Production capacity" is basically what a couple of guys can put together in a garage. They moved to an all-CAD design flow for this version and took the opportunity to learn the CAD tools at the same time. I think they still get enough builds done on the JK models to keep themselves supplied with money for food and rent and don't really need the JL business. Plus, you can't work mornings when the surfing is good, right?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I have my eye on the airstream basecamp. Comes with a toilet and shower. I don’t think my 2 door could tow it but I want one so bad
Just looked that up. For its size it is shockingly expensive.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
well without going into. A lot of details I am going to a semi van life state of existence. A couple of reasons. But the big one I love my Jeep so much I don’t want to rack up 100,000 miles on pavement. So I decided to buy a van and build it out as livable. To work out of. Being a Jeep guy my choice of vans is predicated on being able to convert it to. 4 wheel drive. No I can,t afford and don’t want a Mercedes benz sprinter. Every day I walk my dogs past a brand new rubicon gladiator. And today it hits me like a hammer on an anvil. So jeep if you are listening do this take the rubicon gladiator and build a camper on it. Use the front hood, and front 2 sears build the van top from there back add a acouple battle born deep cycle batteries solar have the front seat have the removable top maybe build it tall enough to stand up in a water tank etc. if you think I am crazy some of those Benz camper vans are 200k. I would buy a Jeep camper in a heart beat unless they charged 200 k for it And guess what a bone stock Benz 4x4 is 69 k if you can find one. Used 40 year old Vanagons are 35-40 k it would sell like crazy . People are paying 13 k for a 4x4 conversion to a ford transit. With no lockers no lift running a 225 70 16 add the lift lockers to the conversion. And you are pushing. 20 k. It’s a crazy world out here
You can find a used Tiger 4x4 RV for under $60K, while not easy they do come up from time to time. Join the Tiger Owners Forum and hawk the classified section. Be ready to pounce, good ones sell in less than a week.
new units are over priced IMO. https://www.tigervehicles.com
I’ve owned mine for 4 years and 60+ thousand miles, love it. Excellent boondocks base camp with all the indoor comfort accessories anyone could want.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep camper beartooth pass

Last edited:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
You can find a used Tiger 4x4 RV for under $50K, while not easy they do come up from time to time. Join the Tiger Owners Forum and hawk the classified section. Be ready to pounce, good ones sell in less than a week.
new units are over priced IMO. https://www.tigervehicles.com
I've owned mine for 4 years and love it.
beartooth pass.jpg
You don't see too many of those pickup based RVs anymore. Thats awesome!

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I think there’s small aftermarket campers that you can mount to vehicles. I think I saw one for sale online somewhere.
He wants it to start behind the front 2 seats. If Jeep won't make it would have to be a custom job $$$

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That was made by livinlite which is now defunct. They made great campers. All aluminum. The Jeep campers are becoming a collectible now.

CM⛰

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
C90A653B-6906-4B84-8383-A506A85F9AA6.jpeg
AEV’s Outpost 2 concept on the JK.
Sponsored