Sponsored

Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!!

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Woo hoo. Thank you Jeep. I’ve been waiting and checking periodically the Build & Price pages on the Jeep site so I can see what the half doors would look like with different configurations I’m considering, and it’s finally up. Woo hoo. When I saw the news here that Jeep has more info on the hybrid Wrangler, I had a feeling and hope they updated the site with half door pictures.

Here are the two configurations I am considering:

(1) Half doors with soft top
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! B9C6BEEB-E4DA-4510-8D6A-5F77E661A16F

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! 66B99125-4F08-4740-872F-C21536AAD267

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! A7AAE71B-CD3B-4A13-AAB9-886C58711ACF

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! 28864E50-E77D-48EF-9A99-0330462D44DA

(2) Half doors with power one touch hard top

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! 99547A46-41F8-48EC-9D33-0E32FD88E0F3

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! 7EF61C24-A1EC-4B8E-BA66-5E67A50409B6

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! 07F9988E-CC1C-45D7-B141-6F8A070B18C0

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! BBE04B7E-2106-46E8-BD55-D40AA9473D0E
Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I might understand the delay now, that front window looks TERRIBLE! Top down its all good. I want a set, but what the heck were they thinking?

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Ha ha... funny but I guess makes sense. If you pick a color for which they don’t offer half doors then it suggests colors for which they do. This can’t be a mistake, can it?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! 27A94F53-699B-44A0-B7EB-C22A372A7E34

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! 527B61AB-1625-4AC2-BADA-00250E46D28D

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! 9CD1DE76-2248-43AB-8759-78F6CE90B15D

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
As someone who owned half doors on YJs and TJs, I am curious how long until they start leaking? If I was buying a new Jeep and wanted half doors, I would only get them in addition to full doors. I am kinda out of the loop on it so maybe that is the only way you can order?
I am not trying to rain on the parade for anyone that really likes half doors, but ask anyone that has driven half doors for extended time and they will confirm they eventually are not weather tight. They will eventually scratch as well. I just want to pass my past experience with half doors to save others a potential headache.
Enjoy your new Jeep.

edit: I now see it is just an added package and not a replacement for full doors!

Last edited:

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Ha ha... funny but I guess makes sense. If you pick a color for which they don’t offer half doors then it suggests colors for which they do. This can’t be a mistake, can it?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! 9CD1DE76-2248-43AB-8759-78F6CE90B15D
When you get peppers in your Nacho Cheese

Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Ordered the half doors on 12/5 and waiting on delivery. I could really care less about the uppers. I plan on running half doors pretty much from spring till winter starts. Won't need the uppers but will keep them in the Jeep just in case it rains.

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I had half doors for 12 years/170,000 miles and counting and never had water leak issues. The uppers age like the soft top. They held up pretty good and I got my Jeep scratched quite a bit by tree branches. People are surprised when I tell them my Jeep is old.

they are so much fun!!!

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
You know what would be cool. Multiple options for uppers of half doors. Like hard uppers with sliding glass windows.

Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys
Has anyone seen mention of the half doors as standalone options for those of us with Jeeps already? Seems like an easy way to get some out into the market.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
No time frame on buying as an aftermarket accessory. Have heard fall but who knows. As it stands Jeep is still fulfilling orders that had the Half Door Group option. My order was placed 12/5 and still waiting on it. Dual Doors is most likely why.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Is getting half doors through Mopar parts for an existing Jeep even possible for Jeep to do?

How would they match door keys? Oh wait do Jeep’s even have keys anymore? Mine is from 2008. Even if FOB remote can they take any door and program it for the Jeep? Or maybe there is nothing to program... you just plug and play?

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I'm surprised this thread is not getting more traction. For me it was such big news to finally be able to configure a Jeep in different ways with half doors to see what it would look like.

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I am personally torn between the following two configuration choices:

Choice 1: Power top and dual doors

SUMMER:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! power to

WINTER:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! power top 2.PNG

Choice 2: Soft top and dual doors

SUMMER and WINTER
(in summer I would leave the top on but remove all the sides)
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Build & Price now show pictures of half doors!!! soft-to

• Choice 1: Dual doors with retractable power top
    • Winter: full doors and hard surface all around
    • Summer: half doors and open all around
    • But a hefty $8,000 premium (which I do save up for by getting manual transmission, white color, no LED lights, no color matched fenders, no leather, no FOB, no safety groups)
  • Choice 2: Dual doors with a soft top
    • So much cheaper. I feel like for not getting the power top, I can get $4,000 of extra goodies
    • I kinda already had half doors with a soft top for 12 years, which I love, but choice 1 is very interesting
    • I would never use the full doors with a soft top. Waist of an additional $4,000. If I could only get half doors without full doors.

Last edited:

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I am personally torn between the following two configuration choices:

Choice 1: Power top and dual doors

SUMMER:

WINTER:

Choice 2: Soft top and dual doors

SUMMER and WINTER
(in summer I would leave the top on but remove all the sides)

• Choice 1: Dual doors with retractable power top
    • Winter: full doors and hard surface all around
    • Summer: half doors and open all around
    • But a hefty $8,000 premium (which I do save up for by getting manual transmission, white color, no LED lights, no color matched fenders, no leather, no FOB, no safety groups)
  • Choice 2: Dual doors with a soft top
    • So much cheaper. I feel like for not getting the power top, I can get $4,000 of extra goodies
    • I kinda already had half doors with a soft top for 12 years, which I love, but choice 1 is very interesting
    • I would never use the full doors with a soft top. Waist of an additional $4,000. If I could only get half doors without full doors.
Why can't we get soft top and half doors only? Seems should be a no-cost option

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
I was wondering how they would cover up the window they look very nice. But after seeing the soft top back window scratches my OCD will kick in having that right next to me.
Sponsored