Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
They wont pay full price. If you have 13k on upgrades they will ask for receipts and lowball you, claiming depreciation.

What theyll do is get an estimate for your Jeep (in case of total loss), then calculate depreciation and add that to your upgrades.

Now the question is, what if you get into an accident and it isnt totaled. And your aftermarket steering components, suspension and front bumper need to be replaced. I dont know.
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I added a rider onto my policy and thus the premium went up some.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I confirmed with my insurance that as long as I can provide receipts for what I've added, it will all be covered, for no additional premium etc.
That’s a BAD ASS DEAL - what insurance company do you have? Most consider aftermarket additions extra, you have to pay extra for them to be covered

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
This^

This is great to have on a personal level, but not good advice to throw out there for the forum to read, especially when the OP is asking specifically about covering upgraded components. It's awesome you have a hook-up, but your first reply to the OP didn't mention anything about this personal level of service you have. This is how bad information gets spread around.
It's not a hook up. When push comes to shove, ultimately whatever the gods that be at State Farm have the final say. The office doesn't have any kind of special pull in the world of SF insurance. They are one small office in a sea of thousands.

My reply to the OP still stands. I asked the exact same question from my insurance agent, who happens to be family. They provided me with an unfiltered answer. I qualified the information by indicating my relation to them - they are less likely to steer me wrong than the random insurance office. To reiterate, they have NO special pull in the world of insurance.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
That’s a BAD ASS DEAL - what insurance company do you have? Most consider aftermarket additions extra, you have to pay extra for them to be covered
See my above post. I have used them for 15 years. They've always gone above and beyond for me. And I want to state again that the agents are essentially just our contact to the larger company. They sell you insurance and maintain your account. They will go to bat for you if needed, but they ultimately follow directives passed down to them from the larger company.

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
With all of the claims being made in 2020 for wild fires, flooding, hurricanes and riots you can rest assured when you make your claim it will be a fight and more than likely you will end up with the smelly end of the stick

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I've spent about $13k in upgrades (tires, wheels, lift, LED Headlights, Bumpers etc...) anyone have any experience on adding coverage to auto insurance policy in the event of a total loss, theft....etc???
I checked with my AllState agent yesterday.

For $12k in additional coverage for upgrades, I'm paying an additional $131.12 every 6 months on top of my regular premium.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
With all of the claims being made in 2020 for wild fires, flooding, hurricanes and riots you can rest assured when you make your claim it will be a fight and more than likely you will end up with the smelly end of the stick
Dude I'm still laughing about the "smelly end of the stick". :LOL:
Sponsored