Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
they should give the death penalty to the loser who did this
very traumatic - these guys should be whipped
some people need to have their balls dipped in boiling oil while the victim can hear their screams!
Hopefully he’ll get beaten to death in an alley soon.
Hopefully these responses are just bluster from behind an anonymous keyboard. I'm as protective of my stuff as the next person, but it's only STUFF. Chances are this person has taken some wrong turns, and likely has a substance abuse problem. He/she will self-destruct on their own, without our "well wishes". Perhaps, we should hope that they get help rather than wish them harm/dead. I will absolutely guarantee you that we have members on this forum that have children in this boat.

Last edited:

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Hopefully these responses are just bluster from behind an anonymous keyboard. I'm as protective of my stuff as the next person, but it's only STUFF. Chances are this person has taken some wrong turns, and likely has a substance abuse problem. He/she will self-destruct on their own, without our "well wishes". Perhaps, we should hope that they get help rather than wish them harm/dead. I will absolutely guarantee you that we have members on this forum that have children in this boat.
I think behaviors that don’t have consequences will continue,

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think behaviors that don’t have consequences will continue,
I totally agree. I just don't believe that whipping this person is the most effective deterrent available to us as a civilized society. Notice that our neighbor to the north hasn't suggested anything medieval, and he's the victim. But...I suspect that this is all bluster.

I retired from a social services non-profit, and I've seen many people hit rock bottom. The one thing that I learned is that we are all 2-3 bad decisions away from that life. And...you are short-sighted if you adopt the "that couldn't happen to me attitude".

Rant over. Let's get back to Jeeping!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, my better half’s car also got smash and grabbed a few days prior so we’re going through some tough times. I’m usually very careful about keeping things in the car, and I actually have a privacy screen over my cargo area for that purpose, unfortunately the thief caught me at a bad time as I’m coming back from a snowboard trip so I had stuff overflowing into my backseat since my cargo was full.

This is her car last week:

Geez... that blows giant chunks... but more so when it happens to Friends of The Forum. So sorry about all the damage & property loss.

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
One more glimmer of hope: when you called your credit card companies, they usually refer the cases to an investigating dept. They will work with law enforcement and the vendors who accepted the stolen cards. This is how many of these fraudsters get caught.

You can also look on your local Crsigslist and ebay for the items that were stolen... most thieves are pretty dumb. If you find anything, contact your local PD with the info.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I lost my wallet once and I was devastated. I also lost my new iPhone once for an hour and couldn’t believe my entire life which was on my phone could be in the hands of somebody else who had access to it. On top of that imagine having my Jeep window smashed in. Drug abuse doesn’t excuse that kind of behavior for me. I feel sorry for the OP, not the jerk who did a smash and grab on him. I do admire your sympathy for him though.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...I will absolutely guarantee you that we have members on this forum that have children in this boat.
Your response is graciously generous and very forgiving. Some people let their children go rampant and don’t bother to instill values in them because they aren’t much different than their kids.

In one of the apt complexes that I lived in, I watched as one of my neighbor’s teenage daughter broke into my vehicle, sat in the driver’s seat and rummaged through everything.

I was going thru a very dark and rough patch in my life during that time. Nothing of great value was ever kept in my vehicle. For what I had, even though it was very little, it was mine and I was grateful.

My vehicle was a source of my livelihood. I kept deodorant and body spray so that I could stay fresh as I was working several places and doing school with little time in between to freshen up. I kept a pack of water bottles in there to drink since my windows didn’t work and the a/c was blown.

Well, I was about to leave for work one morning and I noticed my driver’s door pried open and a twisted screwdriver on the ground.

I hid in the distance and watched as I saw someone rummaging thru my vehicle. I discovered that she took EVERYTHING loose that I had from my vehicle. My inexpensive body spray, cologne and warm to hot water bottles. Of course I notified the leasing office and later spoke to her mother and informed her what her daughter had done.

The mother was just as crooked and corrupt as her daughter, said she would have a conversation and did nothing. Her daughter knew what she did and every time she would see me roll by, she knew that I knew what she had done.

Fast forward a few months later, her mom trades in her beater for an expensive sports car. I wasn’t jealous nor did I ever do anything to damage her vehicle. Sure, the thought crossed my mind several times but I ignored them and kept on moving along.

Two months later, I come back from a long day and see my neighbor’s car wrecked pretty bad. The thief’s mother was involved in a felony hit and run and broke her neck while her daughter broke her leg and neck.

She and her family moved out of the neighborhood months later. One day she came gloating to me that they had purchased a home in a newly developing area called Frisco. *eyeroll*

Goodbye and good riddance theiving woman and child. SMH. For people who are undeservingly victims of property theft, the perps will pay. Karma will get them or they will make the mistake of coming across a person who will make them pay.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading. If you’re going to quote this, please condense it lol

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
no, people who chose to prey on others deserve to be removed from society

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
no, people who chose to prey on others deserve to be removed from society
Wow. I was hoping that it was just bluster. Scary stuff. [Please don't tell me that you carry a gun in your Jeep.]

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Wow. I was hoping that it was just bluster. Scary stuff. [Please don't tell me that you carry a gun in your Jeep.]
you seem to misconstruing an acceptance on wishing “the universe to take care of things”, or even using deadly force to protect your property (which KY allows, we specifically have an anti-car jacking statute), as condoning using deadly force against coming across someone JUST breaking into your vehicle. The truth is, scumbags who break into cars escalate to armed robbery and murder. I have seen it here in my town, where a group of “kids” (generic term for various small groups of teenagers and young adults, could be same group or various) went from just breaking into cars to gunning a man in front of his wife, in his uncle’s front yard, a few days after returning from his honeymoon.

why the concern with who keeps firearms in their vehicles? What business is it of yours? Why so quick to assume your fellow Jeep bretherin cant or wont use sound judgment with a tool? Do you care if folks carry hammers and saws? They could misuse those, heaven forbid

Last edited:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Wow...Scary stuff...
If you’re a criminal intending to victimize someone, it should be. Deadly force has many requirements before it can be determined to be necessary, authorized or justified.

A baseball bat, meh, not so much. I’d say timing is everything though. If someone does a smash and grab when you’re nearby or not there and you come to find out who and know who it is and then break into their home later that night to bring Jesus to them, well don’t do that, that’s criminal.

BUT if someone is attempting to smash and grab from your vehicle while you’re in it, tsk tsk tsk. Pity that poor son of b*tch.

Nothing in the vehicle is worth a grown ass man about to deliver a lifetime’s worth of an ass beating to the perp. No mercy!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...we specifically have an anti-car jacking statute...the truth is, scumbags who break into cars escalate to armed robbery and murder...why the concern with who keeps firearms in their vehicles?
Preach it! This is all true.

In the state of Texas, your vehicle is considered your property and you are allowed to legally keep a firearm in your vehicle as long as it is properly secured.

Pulling it out while driving and displaying it to others in a manner that is threatening when there is no need is considered brandishing and is an offense.

Licensed to carry citizens who choose to, usually carry discretely and conceal their weapon on their person when on the move. They don’t leave a weapon in their vehicle unless it is in an area that is not visible to others, is hidden and is not easily accessible.
Sponsored