Sponsored

How to rebuild a Jeep via Maxcare Warranty....

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I would just go over the Jeep top and underneath to make sure they attached all wiring and fuel and brake lines properly. Also check the caps are put back for the radiator, brake, power steering and windshield washer fluid. When I had work done on my Ram they left out a lot of clips that held the fan shroud in place and also left fuel lines unattached to the rails and lastly they forgot to put the radiator cap back on after I brought it in for a radiator flush.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR
Jeep is broken again. 1,000 miles or 18 days take your pick dropped off on Monday. @JeepCares no loaner given or rental provided at 3500 miles. Issue is coolant leaking from oil cooler. I was told it would be 3 days for the part but no loaner offer on phone call. If this is going to be 1,000 miles between every repair then how many before that have to buy it back. I am 50 days of out of service since I bought. Jeep has my jeep more than I do. I was told my service manager to get a lawyer for lemon law. I am beyond frustrated.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Update: So I brought my jeep to the dealership I ordered it from. The service department would only try to look at my jeep because I was a walk and no appointment. I stated, I bought it here and it only has 2400 miles, I should get a rental or something to help. I was told, I did not deserve anything, I could wait at the back of the 2 weeks line like everyone else. I should read my warranty and understand Jeep does not have to do anything for me under warranty(@JeepCares ) expect fix the jeep. I gave them a day, and was told via phone they would Try to look at in 2 days to diag and then 2 week wait for shop spot. I decided to make a phone call to another dealership at insistence of a wheeling club members. I was able to get my jeep from original dealership and drive it 15 miles to other dealership. They got me a loaner and look at it today. The bad news is my 2.0L is blown with coolant and other fluid leaking into the cylinder at 2486 miles. The have opened a star case and I did a service case. They recommend a new engine just base on bore scoping. A engine tear down has not started yet and they are waiting on instructions from Jeep. I bought the jeep to do trails with my boys as they grow up. So, I am asking this forum for any and all advice as I never been in a situation this severe. Thank you for anything that offers help.
WOW.

Been there done that, except my heads were blown at 61k miles (1k miles outside of PT warranty). I also had a coolant leak that I was not aware of and the fluid went into the block and warped my cylinders. No error codes or lights or dings for low coolant, high temp or engine light. The only light I received was ESS and a rough idle; and the ESS light was coming on after the damage was done (took the Jeep in once i started getting the light). First dealer thought it was a faulty EGR Cooler. 2nd dealer kept it for a week to do a thorough inspection and took a look inside the cylinders.

A new engine was required for my Jeep.

Timeline:
- Dealership had it for a week to diagnose it.
- I was told I needed a new engine (thankfully I had purchased an EW). They asked my permission for a tear down. I said yes.
- Took 25 days for FCA to send an adjuster/inspector to come look at the warped heads and to send an email for an approval of a new engine through my warranty.
- Took possession of my vehicle 11 days after the FCA approval (44 days total).

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
40 days in the shop as of today. Engine has been replaced. They are working on the breaking system. After complete tear down and pulling another 2.0l jeep in to compare. They hope replacing the vacuum pump will fix the braking fade causing weak stopping power. Two canceled trips and canceled vacation, I can not begin to explain the frustration. Also making payments on something I do have anymore is just the icing on the cake. Has anyone on here have advice on what can be done without getting a lawyer involved?
I didn't get a lawyer involved because I plan to keep my Jeep forever; this is why I purchased the EW (unlimited mileage/lifetime added care plus) when I bought the Jeep in 2018.

It sucked that I was without my jeep for 44 days, but I got a brand new engine (a 2021-2022) in my 2018 Jeep at 61k miles and I only had to pay $100 Deductible. My warranty was added into my loan and I paid my Jeep off 3.5yrs instead of 6. So, when I had engine problems, I already owned my Jeep.

Yes, I would be pretty hot if I was having to make payments on something I couldn't drive, but it is temporary. When you get it back, you'll have a brand new block and you'll be in love again. The good part is that FCA honored the factory warranty with you and you didn't have to pay extra for an extended warranty. They could've put the blame on your somehow, especially if the Jeep is modified. It's good that they didn't.

My advice: Be patient, keep yourself busy/occupied in other ways while you don't have the jeep. Be happy when you get it back. If you don't have confidence in the product, then trade or sell it when you get it back with the new block.

Hope it works out!

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep is broken again. 1,000 miles or 18 days take your pick dropped off on Monday. @JeepCares no loaner given or rental provided at 3500 miles. Issue is coolant leaking from oil cooler. I was told it would be 3 days for the part but no loaner offer on phone call. If this is going to be 1,000 miles between every repair then how many before that have to buy it back. I am 50 days of out of service since I bought. Jeep has my jeep more than I do. I was told my service manager to get a lawyer for lemon law. I am beyond frustrated.
Yea..... They probably should've changed that part when they had it for the first time. It sounds like to me your engine did overheat. Maybe you thought it didn't because you received no error codes or lights. But if coolant is found in your oil...that's like blown head gaskets issues...again. And the most known cause for blown head gaskets is overheating to my knowledge.

Maybe some other gear heads on here can talk you through it a bit more. It sounds like something is overheating your engine...and that has always been the underlying problem. If there is engine damage on this block...I HOPE FCA will replace it. Having two damaged engines b2b is not normal. Something else is going on here...

Sponsored

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Do yourself a favor and ditch the 2.0. You are in for a long term nightmare as the miles pile up. And yes yes everyone (but you)(and I lol) loves them now, mpg’s, hp, etc. Of course they do, theyre still new and under warranty. These 2.0t configurations are throwaways. Built only to comply with emissions regulations. As the miles accumulate and these begin to age we are going to see a lot more of this and a lot of the people loving them now will not later. Blown head gaskets are an extremely common issue with the 2.0t configuration by the majority of manufacturers, not just Jeep. Extremely finicky and if you heat them up at all the head gaskets pop pretty quickly. Being in the used car business we see this daily. We will not buy or sell any 2.0t at all.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
LOL, No I am not giving up on life. I just have read enough horror stories on here that I am settling in for the warranty repair grind. Nothing more. Just not thrilled about doing this again, I have experience in this with ford and a new 2012 f150 3.5 ecoboost.
Every service manager within a fifty mile radius probably has your picture on their wall. đź‘€

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR
Every service manager within a fifty mile radius probably has your picture on their wall. đź‘€
Please Explain, I got the f150 warranty work on rotors and turbo intercooler in different state. Also it became a common issue with ford TSB / recalls.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR
With that amount of time in the shop, I imagine you're creeping into lemon law territory.

EDIT:
https://www.carlemon.com/louisiana-lemon-law-rights-consumer-guide.html

You're already past the 30 days in shop, but it looks like you need four attempts to repair it.
“
The lemon law also provides for a presumption that a reasonable number of attempts has been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle (other than a motor home) to the applicable express warranties if, before the expiration of the warranty or during a period of one year following the date of the motor vehicle’s original delivery to a consumer, whichever is earlier, either of the following occurs:
1. The same nonconformity is subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer, its agent or authorized dealer; or
2. The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of 45 or more calendar days.”

I fall into number 2….

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Loaners are hard to come by now. With inventory down at dealerships loaner fleets are depleted and what they do have is highly utilized. Called 8 dealers in DFW to find one that had a loaner available a no one had one. Jeep Cares offered me rental reimbursement up to $100/day when mine was in the shop last month and no loaners were available. I would call them back

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

“
The lemon law also provides for a presumption that a reasonable number of attempts has been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle (other than a motor home) to the applicable express warranties if, before the expiration of the warranty or during a period of one year following the date of the motor vehicle’s original delivery to a consumer, whichever is earlier, either of the following occurs:
1. The same nonconformity is subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer, its agent or authorized dealer; or
2. The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of 45 or more calendar days.”

I fall into number 2….
Ah, so it's ORed rather than ANDed

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Do yourself a favor and ditch the 2.0. You are in for a long term nightmare as the miles pile up. And yes yes everyone (but you)(and I lol) loves them now, mpg’s, hp, etc. Of course they do, theyre still new and under warranty. These 2.0t configurations are throwaways. Built only to comply with emissions regulations. As the miles accumulate and these begin to age we are going to see a lot more of this and a lot of the people loving them now will not later. Blown head gaskets are an extremely common issue with the 2.0t configuration by the majority of manufacturers, not just Jeep. Extremely finicky and if you heat them up at all the head gaskets pop pretty quickly. Being in the used car business we see this daily. We will not buy or sell any 2.0t at all.
I have seen some robust 2.0t motors, but it does seem like they are all engineered with a weak spot. PCV and carbon build up come to mind, which is due to direct injection and emissions as you mentioned. Warping is not common on the VW engines, but they are known for water pump leaks. I'm not familiar with the Alfa Romeo 2.0t, but I do like my 3.6.
OP, if a competent mechanic fixes your Jeep, you should be ok. Good luck.
Sponsored