jeep battery anti-theft

Islandlife

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Need some advice on how to secure my Jeep battery on my 2018 JLU. I am currently living in the Bahamas for my job and a few of my co-workers and I have jeeps. Just recently it has become a common problem that the batteries are being stolen from jeeps due to the easy access. I have been looking for a type of anti-theft device to tie down my battery online and haven't found anything specific or a type of hood latch that you can lock. I was thinking of just taking some wire cable and crimping it around my battery if I could. Any advice or device already made would be great because batteries are very expensive here.
Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Just recently it has become a common problem that the batteries are being stolen from jeeps due to the easy access. I have been looking for a type of anti-theft device to tie down my battery online and haven't found anything specific or a type of hood latch that you can lock.
This OEM hood lock works fine

F2D2D2DC-E7C9-47CB-A310-BE2B0F97403C.png

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
On the cheap and immediate need, a chain or cable and padlock around the core support and hood structure are a classic. Not sure a JL lends itself to this. But worth a look.

Sponsored

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I recently installed a Bolt hood lock and can highly recommend it as way to prevent unauthorized access to your JL’s engine bay. The Bolt hood lock is easily keyed to your specific Jeep’s key.

There are a few threads on here which give step by step instructions, links to YouTube installations and the required tools.

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
I continue to learn things about my Jeep every time I'm here.

Thank you, my friends.

Hunter

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I recently installed a Bolt hood lock and can highly recommend it as way to prevent unauthorized access to your JL’s engine bay. The Bolt hood lock is easily keyed to your specific Jeep’s key.

There are a few threads on here which give step by step instructions, links to YouTube installations and the required tools.
+1 on the Bolt hood lock.

Sponsored

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Another vote here for the BOLT hood lock. Many advantages over the Mopar hood lock.

BOLT is about half the price of the Mopar lock
Instant keying to your Jeep key
You can remove the key in the unlocked position. I don't believe the Mopar lock allows this.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I just learned something about the Tazer that applies to this topic. If you have the Tazer JL (not the Tazer Mini or Tazer Lite) you can set the alarm to go off if the hood is opened.
I tested it and it works perfectly and it is LOUD. I locked the doors with the remote which sets the alarm and then unlatched the hood. I didn't even get to open the hood, merely unlatching the passenger and then driver's side was enough for the hood to pop open enough for this two pins on the driver's side to pop up and the alarm went off. Worked perfectly!

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I just learned something about the Tazer that applies to this topic. If you have the Tazer JL (not the Tazer Mini or Tazer Lite) you can set the alarm to go off if the hood is opened.
I tested it and it works perfectly and it is LOUD. I locked the doors with the remote which sets the alarm and then unlatched the hood. I didn't even get to open the hood, merely unlatching the passenger and then driver's side was enough for the hood to pop open enough for this two pins on the driver's side to pop up and the alarm went off. Worked perfectly!
I found this out by accident when I popped the hood (was washing my Jeep) and the Jeep was locked and the alarm went off. About peed myself...LOL

Kenstaroni

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon

This works with Tazer mini as well
Sponsored