Sponsored

Jeep Badge of Honor App missing trails

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Nothing to do with BLM, it’s all of the newly added trails and some of them are in privately owned land.

What’s odd to me is that unlike other recent trail additions, these trails simply appeared in the app out of nowhere one day without any prior announcement or press release. Then disappeared in the exact same manner a short time later.
This makes me wonder if somebody goofed and published a version that wasn't supposed to go out and spoiled that these trails were going to be added, or they were just things in a test environment that were never meant to go live. Hmm
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
This makes me wonder if somebody goofed and published a version that wasn't supposed to go out and spoiled that these trails were going to be added, or they were just things in a test environment that were never meant to go live. Hmm
This makes some sense. I was thinking along the same lines. Perhaps all the work was done behind the scenes for these trails to be added some time in the future, perhaps all at once or a few at a time over the next months or years. But someone pressed the “execute” button before it was time to officially add them. Nobody notices at first because this system looks like it mostly runs on autopilot. But check-ins, badge requests, photos, and reviews come pouring in immediately. Now they snatch everything back because maybe all the T’s weren’t dotted and the I’s crossed with legalese stuff with the owners of these trails. A goof up of epic proportions like this could be why we had no press announcement beforehand and no explanation after they were snatched away.

Soneone at BOH has a few dozen eggs on their face.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
This makes some sense. I was thinking along the same lines. Perhaps all the work was done behind the scenes for these trails to be added some time in the future, perhaps all at once or a few at a time over the next months or years. But someone pressed the “execute” button before it was time to officially add them. Nobody notices at first because this system looks like it mostly runs on autopilot. But check-ins, badge requests, photos, and reviews come pouring in immediately. Now they snatch everything back because maybe all the T’s weren’t dotted and the I’s crossed with legalese stuff with the owners of these trails. A goof up of epic proportions like this could be why we had no press announcement beforehand and no explanation after they were snatched away.

Soneone at BOH has a few dozen eggs on their face.
Even if it was by mistake, or them being gone is a system glitch, Jeep owes a lot of us badges. The app showed them, we ran them, checked in, requested badges, and then they pull the rug out? And without any communication or explanation? I understand it is a free program, but it is an official Jeep program, sponsored and linked to Jeep.com official website. A company cannot promise something if you meet their terms and simply delete it rather than deliver. We submitted golden spike and rocky gap in late March and back way to crown king in early April. None of those badges ever moved beyond “requested” and now they are just gone without record? And no response to Countless emails? It’s a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
Even if it was by mistake, or them being gone is a system glitch, Jeep owes a lot of us badges. The app showed them, we ran them, checked in, requested badges, and then they pull the rug out? And without any communication or explanation? I understand it is a free program, but it is an official Jeep program, sponsored and linked to Jeep.com official website. A company cannot promise something if you meet their terms and simply delete it rather than deliver. We submitted golden spike and rocky gap in late March and back way to crown king in early April. None of those badges ever moved beyond “requested” and now they are just gone without record? And no response to Countless emails? It’s a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.
FFS, a lawsuit for something that's free? 🙄

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Wrong. They absolutely can. You might not like it. You might think it’s a crappy thing to do. I feel the same way. But they absolutely 100% can do it. You might want to go back and read the terms of service that you consented to by using the program. In particular, the last line of paragraph 4 that states “your sole legal remedy if you don’t like it is to go kick rocks”. OK, I’m paraphrasing a bit but that’s what it essentially says. If you want to try to get an attorney involved because you got shorted some badges, and you can find one stupid enough to to it on contingency, more power to you.

Have a good stiff drink, or a few beers. Maybe you’ll be less butt hurt about it if you mellow out a bit. It worked for me.:beer:

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
So say rei has a promotional app and if you check in at the top of mount everest with a pick of your rei gear they give you a $100 gift card. You and 100's more spend the $40k plus and years of training to get there. They decide they don't want to deal with it and cancel. Guess who wins in court? When they make statements like use our product and check in on our app and we will give you something, free or not, they are legally obligated to hold up their end. Is it worth an actual lawsuit for a few badges? Of course not. Does it make their false claims and deceiving customers less shitty or illegal? No again. We wheel in those areas anyway, so no big deal to us. Some people travel thousands of miles for trails and Jeep should hold up their end of the bargain.

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
So say rei has a promotional app and if you check in at the top of mount everest with a pick of your rei gear they give you a $100 gift card. You and 100's more spend the $40k plus and years of training to get there. They decide they don't want to deal with it and cancel. Guess who wins in court? When they make statements like use our product and check in on our app and we will give you something, free or not, they are legally obligated to hold up their end. Is it worth an actual lawsuit for a few badges? Of course not. Does it make their false claims and deceiving customers less shitty or illegal? No again. We wheel in those areas anyway, so no big deal to us. Some people travel thousands of miles for trails and Jeep should hold up their end of the bargain.
Whatever bro.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Yes, absolutely. No money needs to be exchanged for there to be an agreement or contract.

But they absolutely 100% can do it. You might want to go back and read the terms of service that you consented to by using the program. In particular, the last line of paragraph 4 that states “your sole legal remedy if you don’t like it is to go kick rocks”.
There is never 100% certainty in legal disputes. Adhesion contracts (the terms of service) frequently have clauses that are unenforceable. Ultimately it's up to a judge or jury.

I am in no way advocating for a lawsuit for trail badges. That would be silly, to say the least. The stiff drink suggestion is a much better way to go.

OP
OP
P&PJeep

P&PJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I just wish they would reply to the numerous email sent, why they posted trails, issued some badges then deleted the trails with pending badges not issued. I ran Rocky Ridge early April, posted some trail pictures, which they approved and posted. Badge was listed as requested on the app then the next time i checked the status the trail was gone, pictures still on my profile with trail name deleted.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Again I ask, has anyone else read the TOS? After you’ve done that post back with whether or not they have the absolute legal right to snatch the rug out from under participants in this program.

Is it cool? No. Is it crappy to ghost people? Absolutely. Can they do so? Of course. Is it worth legal action? Not unless you’re really self important and have nothing better to be concerned about. Is it a really big deal? Nah, man. It’s not. This is the epitome of the definition of first world problems. There’s actual important things that the court system could and should be concerned about. Making this a legal issue is a bridge too far.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Again I ask, has anyone else read the TOS? After you’ve done that post back with whether or not they have the absolute legal right to snatch the rug out from under participants in this program.

Is it cool? No. Is it crappy to ghost people? Absolutely. Can they do so? Of course. Is it worth legal action? Not unless you’re really self important and have nothing better to be concerned about. Is it a really big deal? Nah, man. It’s not. This is the epitome of the definition of first world problems. There’s actual important things that the court system could and should be concerned about. Making this a legal issue is a bridge too far.
As stated above, the disclaimers in almost all TOS are not 100% enforceable and are subject to judge/jury interpretation. Also as stated by everyone who has commented, this clearly isn't worth legal action. You're arguing with yourself. Electing to not send out some legally earned badges within those very terms of service is not the same as discontinuing the program or eliminating trails from future check ins. Those terms of service go both ways. Of course they'll claim they aren't obligated to do anything, a court would likely see it differently. Allowing you to check in, earn the badge, request the badge, obligates them to send the badge as outlined in their program.

McQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It was pretty strange in my case because I was on the Crown King trail when it dropped off the JBOH app. I checked in at the CK rock (April 27th at 11:03am). The app said the check in was pending or something along those lines. Then I continued through to finish the trail and when I returned to the app to submit for the badge, the trail didn’t exist anymore. I found out later from the JT forums that apparently you have to drive in another 4 miles or so before you can check in.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Badge of Honor App missing trails 27C78C5A-4DD5-4D91-BF05-584DB72F6A30

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Badge of Honor App missing trails 3D6A0E35-6C82-43D9-8DCC-F1DAFB95F42F
Sponsored