Sponsored

Jeep attention worse than iPhone..! Have you noticed this?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Have you noticed this? You will be in a parking lot either parked or passing through,or just passing down a busy street, people seem to forget where they are going as their head locks onto your jeep, but their body keeps walking in the same direction. Reminds me of the iPhone zombies who walk around a busy city without bothering to lookup to see where they are going, or if a mac truck is headed in their direction. I'm sure its just a matter of time before I watch someone smash their shopping cart into a car, or walk right into a street sign.
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
No but I've noticed the idiots who make sharp left turns on corners get out of my way when they see me versus when I drove something else. I guess seeing a bumper level with their eyesight in a Honda puts some fear in them.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

No. But then again i dont have a lightbar :(

I did catch people checking it out when i first got it in may 2018. The JLs were super rare around here. Now they’re everywhere

Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
There are so many Wranglers in my area I don't think people really notice it much. Unless it's another Wrangler owner and then they may acknowledge it or ask questions about certain mods.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I get it at my local Starbucks. When I pull into the shopping center the staff usually sees me and when I get up to the drive-thru mic they greet me by name because they know and love the Jeep.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Have you noticed this? You will be in a parking lot either parked or passing through,or just passing down a busy street, people seem to forget where they are going as their head locks onto your jeep, but their body keeps walking in the same direction. Reminds me of the iPhone zombies who walk around a busy city without bothering to lookup to see where they are going, or if a mac truck is headed in their direction. I'm sure its just a matter of time before I watch someone smash their shopping cart into a car, or walk right into a street sign.
I must admit, I'm guilty of this as well, when I'm not driving my Jeep, if I spot some beefed up Jeep on the road, I do the zombie head as well, mostly to check out what kind of mods he has on his rig.

Then there is this one time..

I had a guy driving a Hyundai Elantra or something kept checking out my Jeep as I pass by his side on the highway doing 60mph, I was a little nervous because he tried to keep up with me in an adjacent lane and just couldn’t keep his eyes on the road and turning his head every 2 seconds or so to examine my Jeep. This normally wouldn’t be a problem but his car was swerving a little as he does this. He kept this up for about a minute and was awkward as heck. I finally left via an off-ramp and he pulled a last attempt by stretching his neck out to see out his passenger window before I disappear out of sight, was a strange experience indeed.

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Not where I live. Wranglers are everywhere and no one cares. Years ago I had a Gen I Raptor when they were still very rare. That garnered a lot of attention, and I can’t say I enjoyed it. I had to very carefully choose my nose picking times lest I be caught knuckle deep by a Raptor admirer.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Not where I live. Wranglers are everywhere and no one cares. Years ago I had a Gen I Raptor when they were still very rare. That garnered a lot of attention, and I can’t say I enjoyed it. I had to very carefully choose my nose picking times lest I be caught knuckle deep by a Raptor admirer.
Get a Mojito! JL and you'll see the difference in how many people stare! :rock:

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I did get a triple take once while driving with the windshield down on my LJ. That was entertaining.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I dont think anyone here stares at any vehicle short of an Abrams tank. You can literally drive a combine or a firetruck down the main drag here and people will just assume there's a reason. A seriously radically modded Jeep will catch a look from Jeep enthusiasts, but nobody else cares. Park a stretched polkadot Hummer in front of the VFW, folks will just cuss you out for hogging parking

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
I been building up my credit for almost a year and saving up and going to try to get a jl next month. My body and soul are exhausted I always wanted a Wrangler ever since the jk came out. Going to give it my best try next month and if the finances don't line up I could wait until next summer again if I have to. I won't overpay or fall in love with it and get screwed with interests and yes I am one of those guys who breaks their neck when a jl passes by.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I actually get a fair amount of rednecks who are passing by me on the highway on my drive home from work, rolling down their window giving me a thumbs up or yelling out that they like the Jeep. When I give them the Dixie Horn, it's like instant orgasm for them.

Beyond that, I don't think people really look at my Jeep and think "wow that's really nice!" :CWL:

It's got more of a redneck ingenuity vibe!
Sponsored