Vehicle Showcase

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Well I am now downloading this to a USB and I will attempt the update this evening.

With your one post I am much further ahead than any of the FCA Canada service reps were able to get me.

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Anyone know what the latest update addresses? Just noticed my VIN is eligible...just not sure it’s worth the time.

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

Customers may experience one or more of the following:

• Radio may reset, turn off and then back on.

• Audio distortion heard during phone calls and CarPlay.

• Rear View Camera (RVC) display screen turns blue or green.

• Off Road App is missing.

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
@Trav.city thanks for posting that! I’ve had ORP since late September or early October (I guess I got lucky).
No problem, I deleted it as there was a note at the top that said it wasn’t allowed. Lol. Glad you read it first.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Glad I can help.
Thanks to you, I did the download and it worked also. If it had not been for you I would not of known there was an update available that I could download. Every other time that I have checked and that has not been that long ago, the site always said that mine was up to date. But I knew it was not since I had the 17 version. Now I have the 21 version. The Uconnect even works now and that has not worked in seven months.

Sponsored

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks like a new splash screen for ORP when the app boots. Mine show a black background (I’m in an older version of uconnect).

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Looks like a new splash screen for ORP when the app boots. Mine show a black background (I’m in an older version of uconnect).
The splash screen should actually be darker, but there is some ghosting that still shows right after the update. This is documented in the bulletin notes. I'm glad too, because that would make be anxious during the update if I had not know beforehand! Update started at 65m00s and finished around 25m. So, shorter than indicated, but longer than the docs I was reading predicted. I'm glad I did not have to pay the dealer to do it, or even take it to them if it was considered warranty...

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@ToolMan514 thanks for the feedback! I usually try to keep all my systems on current versions (computers, phones, etc), but Since I’ve actually not had any issues (knock on wood), I’ve been avoiding doing the update. Uconnect is so temperamental, I’m afraid to rock the boat.

Bill 13

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR
I was excited to try this to see if it might make things run better. It worked easily enough although it didn't like the 128GB drive I tried first but was ok with the 32GB I tried.

I just did it about a week ago but sadly things have been worse so far. While I haven't experienced the sound cutting out issue, I've had the blue screen of death about 3 times so far and that was a rarity previously (4-5 times in the last year). We'll see if it persists but looks like I might have made a mistake loading the update.

It's really awesome when you shut the Jeep off with the radio loud and then load your kids in the car to go somewhere and can't turn it down or off. This morning we had to listen to Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now" on the way to school before it thankfully rebooted on its own. Shutting the car off again and opening the door doesn't usually seem to do anything, it seems to need to complete the crash on itself. Grr.

To stay on topic, I did get the Offroad Pages!
Sponsored