Jeep announces that 2018's will NOT get the Off-Road pages

EyeDoc

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Picked up my 2019 Sahara 8.4 Uconnect on April 13. No ORP. Dealer says bring it in Monday and they can do the TSB (thank you to this forum I had to tell them about the TSB). Several hours later..... Not compatible and no clue what to do next. Frustrating. Any thoughts on what to do next? Sent PM to @JeepCares and they replied with the standard request for info. Nothing from them since Thursday the 18th.
Sponsored

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
I tried a few months ago and my dealer told me that they were not able to download the update to their usb and I would have to go to a different dealer because it pretty much tied up their computer for most of the day. It’s at least an hour drive to another dealer and pretty much a minimum five hour wait.

Jeep cares if your reading this your dealers need to get their shit together! Why can’t Jeep just mail them all a usb with it installed already!
@JeepCares is terrible! I’m the original poster on this thread about the off road pages and literally took over 13 months to get 8.4 replaced. Got it done few days ago and it works great. Been dealing with DW and shimmy since December and had to tell kid I’m not talking to him anymore because I’m sick of his lying to me and the dealership and I’ve been waiting for his manager to get back to me again for over a week. Good luck! I’m sure most people on here well tell you the same@ jeepcares do not care!

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
Picked up my 2019 Sahara 8.4 Uconnect on April 13. No ORP. Dealer says bring it in Monday and they can do the TSB (thank you to this forum I had to tell them about the TSB). Several hours later..... Not compatible and no clue what to do next. Frustrating. Any thoughts on what to do next? Sent PM to @JeepCares and they replied with the standard request for info. Nothing from them since Thursday the 18th.
I think I post this thread over a year ago and just days ago finally got my 8.4 replaced. It works great finally. Been dealing wi DW and vibrations/shimmy since December and literally got sick of @JeepCares lying to me had to tell kid I don’t want to talk him again. Been waiting over a week for Keith his boss to call me. @JeepCares sure good luck

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have a 2018 and "Off Road Pages" in my 8.4 UConnect, but I don't see much other than the engine instrumentation, 2H vs 4H, and vehicle incline/tilt. Is this what everyone is after? Doesn't seem like much to get excited about.
My late built 2018 has the ORP. Seems like a lot of hype over nuthin. If they told me it was $50, I'd tell them to keep it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My late built 2018 has the ORP. Seems like a lot of hype over nuthin. If they told me it was $50, I'd tell them to keep it.
I'm confident there are many here... to include myself.... that are chuckling over this comment.

Reality is, many, most, the majority of those that have ORP's ....are fans of them and undoubtedly, if they had to.... they would gladly pay say $50 for them..

Sponsored

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I'm confident there are many here... to include myself.... that are chuckling over this comment.

Reality is, many, most, the majority of those that have ORP's ....are fans of them and undoubtedly, if they had to.... they would gladly pay say $50 for them..
Yeah you’re right about that, I paid a heck of a lot more than $50 for them and I still don’t have them!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yeah you’re right about that, I paid a heck of a lot more than $50 for them and I still don’t have them!
Agreed. We did pay for them, and probably a lot more than $50. It's just that I don't use them. To me, it's just another gee-whiz electronic thing to distract me from driving. Individual tire display TPMS, now that I find useful, probably the most useful feature newer vehicles have added, next to the backup cam and sensors. But I'm over 60 and probably have a skeptical view of what's important in my vehicles. Old people get that way. But those color "artificial horizon" like graphics are neat lookin.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
I havent been following this topic, so sorry if this has been asked and answered. I thought I read at some point, that you need to keep the Sirius subscription for ORP to continue to work? Is that still true? I know the manual says nothing about this being subscription based, so I'll be annoyed if I lose this feature after my one year free of Sirius expires

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I havent been following this topic, so sorry if this has been asked and answered. I thought I read at some point, that you need to keep the Sirius subscription for ORP to continue to work? Is that still true? I know the manual says nothing about this being subscription based, so I'll be annoyed if I lose this feature after my one year free of Sirius expires
That is not the case.

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Agreed. We did pay for them, and probably a lot more than $50. It's just that I don't use them. To me, it's just another gee-whiz electronic thing to distract me from driving. Individual tire display TPMS, now that I find useful, probably the most useful feature newer vehicles have added, next to the backup cam and sensors. But I'm over 60 and probably have a skeptical view of what's important in my vehicles. Old people get that way. But those color "artificial horizon" like graphics are neat lookin.
Well I’m 66 years old, and I’ve always believed that if I pay for something I want to be able to use it. I do go off road and I believe the feature would be handy at times. But anyway I like my JL jeep wrangler better than any Jeep I’ve ever had and that has been many. I just believe Jeep should not have advertised Offroad pages if they are not going to provide them. I have a Rubicon with the 8.4 system.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I have an early JLUS and thanks to JeepCares I have ORP's. It has nothing todo with Sirius subscription but also in reality it's not that big a deal anyway? Except you are all right you should get what was promised by Jeep!

It is a bit interesting to see all displayed instead of scrolling thru what you already have.

I have had good results with a couple of problems thru JeepCares, can't understand the complaints here??

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Well I’m 66 years old, and I’ve always believed that if I pay for something I want to be able to use it. I do go off road and I believe the feature would be handy at times. But anyway I like my JL jeep wrangler better than any Jeep I’ve ever had and that has been many. I just believe Jeep should not have advertised Offroad pages if they are not going to provide them. I have a Rubicon with the 8.4 system.
Fair enough and I agree Jeep shouldn't advertise a feature and then not deliver. GM did the same thing on their electronics for the 2014-15 trucks. Just to clear up my perspective, I look at it like many people view their computers, smartphones and tablets... that is: there are many capabilities I paid for that I'll never use and that doesn't bother me.

AgentTML

First Name
Tri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (2018), Honda Pilot Touring (2010), Ford C-Max SEL (2013)
Had my first oil change today and requested TSB 08-001-19 be performed so I may get the ORP.

Service rep told me that after looking up the TSB, he said it is incompatible with my version of Nav with 8.4" screen and that they plan a roll-out of a version that is compatible with my system in the 3rd quarter of this year.

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Had my first oil change today and requested TSB 08-001-19 be performed so I may get the ORP.

Service rep told me that after looking up the TSB, he said it is incompatible with my version of Nav with 8.4" screen and that they plan a roll-out of a version that is compatible with my system in the 3rd quarter of this year.
The TSB did nothing for me. Tech told me it’s supposed to load OTA after certain conditions are met. Been a month - nuthin.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I have been talking to my service writer about it. He didn't know what it was, so I asked him to look up the TSB. He emailed me the entire thing. I responded, "Yes, that's the one." He replied that he would have his service manager check it out. I waited over a week to hear from him. Went in today and asked about it. His reply was, I gave you the information. He thought that it was something that I had to perform because he didn't even read the TSB. When I explained it to him he got flustered and went to talk to the service manager. He came back and said that I will have to leave my Jeep with him while they download it over the air, which he said should take several hours. I am a very competent and capable mechanic and consider myself to be very tech savvy. I offered to help him figure it out, as I am certain that I understand the process after reading all the information from here and the TSB. But I'm certain that I will continue to be ignored.
Sponsored