Jeep announces that 2018's will NOT get the Off-Road pages

Janne

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue , ‘96 BMW 328i Convertible
Funny, the brand new JLUR I picked up in October had the off-road pages from day one. Guess I figured everyone had them.
It’s been working since the day I bought my 2018 JLUR off the lot in December. Maybe they did the update before delivery.
Sponsored

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes CLS550, 2013 JKU Sport, 2018 JLUR
So do people with the factory loaded '18 models and '19 models also experience the loading lag?

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I’ve searched and have been unable to find an answer but do non-Rubicons supposedly get ORP as well? I just bought a Sahara last week (2019) and the app doesn’t exist.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve searched and have been unable to find an answer but do non-Rubicons supposedly get ORP as well? I just bought a Sahara last week (2019) and the app doesn’t exist.
I may be wrong, but I think it is for the 8.4 inch screen only.

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I may be wrong, but I think it is for the 8.4 inch screen only.
Thanks for the response. I do have the 8.4 screen. I was hoping since I have a 2019 everything would be current. Appears not to be the case :(

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the response. I do have the 8.4 screen. I was hoping since I have a 2019 everything would be current. Appears not to be the case :(
If it works on the Saharas, then contact @JeepCares with a PM and your VIN. You can also get the TSB from them and take it to your dealer to be programmed. That's what I had to do and it works great now.

Anyone out there know if they are available with the Sahara 8.4? I can't imagine why they would not be.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If it works on the Saharas, then contact @JeepCares with a PM and your VIN. You can also get the TSB from them and take it to your dealer to be programmed. That's what I had to do and it works great now.

Anyone out there know if they are available with the Sahara 8.4? I can't imagine why they would not be.
Yes, I have the Sahara with 8.4 NAV. I had the TSB done to get my ORP. Works well except coordinates and altitude work about 20% of the time.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So do people with the factory loaded '18 models and '19 models also experience the loading lag?
I had some lag with it starting on occasion. Other times it seemed to load more quickly. I will point out that it seems to behave as a separate app if you will. Meaning it doesn't feel as if it's built into the base OS. Which I guess is how they can roll it out OTA, after the fact for some people. Hopefully, an update in the future will have the Offroad pages compiled into the base OS.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had some lag with it starting on occasion. Other times it seemed to load more quickly. I will point out that it seems to behave as a separate app if you will. Meaning it doesn't feel as if it's built into the base OS. Which I guess is how they can roll it out OTA, after the fact for some people. Hopefully, an update in the future will have the Offroad pages compiled into the base OS.
Mine started out laggy but today was moving quickly and smoothly between ORP and other screens. I dunno, maybe the Tazer sped it up? That's the only thing I've changed. Tazer and ORP and everything else all seem to be playing well together.

Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine started out laggy but today was moving quickly and smoothly between ORP and other screens. I dunno, maybe the Tazer sped it up? That's the only thing I've changed. Tazer and ORP and everything else all seem to be playing well together.
For what it's worth, I was using the offroad pages this past Saturday and it seemed much more responsive than it has in the past when I was simply playing around with it. It also seemed to load very quickly and even switching back to it from say the radio, or media it still popped up quickly. My guess is they pushed another update. I don't have the Tazer JL just yet, should be delivered soon but likely nothing to do with that. Just my thoughts.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@DanW
@LincolnSixAlpha

I've had the Tazer JL since May and Off Road Pages since September.

Received the Off Road Pages, (ORP) via over the air download (OTA) while the Tazer JL was married and installed.

To this day, with the Tazer JL installed, I still get all Health Reports... I am also able to locate my JL, Remote start it, etc..

Anyway, I have seen absolutely no impact in regard to having the Tazer JL installed.

As for ORP.. It loads pretty quickly most of the times but occasionally, takes say 35 seconds to load. Once loaded it is very responsive.

I do see longitude and latitude not reporting quite often..

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW
@LincolnSixAlpha

I've had the Tazer JL since May and Off Road Pages since September.

Received the Off Road Pages, (ORP) via over the air download (OTA) while the Tazer JL was married and installed.

To this day, with the Tazer JL installed, I still get all Health Reports... I am also able to locate my JL, Remote start it, etc..

Anyway, I have seen absolutely no impact in regard to having the Tazer JL installed.

As for ORP.. It loads pretty quickly most of the times but occasionally, takes say 35 seconds to load. Once loaded it is very responsive.

I do see longitude and latitude not reporting quite often..

I wonder if the manual TSB update activates/enables/fixes the over the air updates?

bikinidreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Any reason why the coordinates and altitude doesn’t work on my 2018 Sahara? Everything else is correct.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I called my dealer today to set up an appointment to get the TSB done and they acted like they never heard of it or the off road pages. They are a large Jeep dealership and sell a ton of Wranglers. It seems like no one wants to be responsible for this. I gave the the TSB number and will take it in Tuesday and see if they can figure it out. Jeep cares was totally worthless with helping me just lip service.
Every dealer acts like they've never heard of anything you tell them!!!Thats why I do my own routine service
Sponsored