Jeep announces that 2018's will NOT get the Off-Road pages

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I took delivery of my JLUR December 3 2018. My system has the offroad pages. I had seen them on the driver's display, but not even thought about them on the 8.4 display until I stumbled on this thread. Manufacture date of my vehicle is 10-18. I can't figure out how to get the sw version.

20181214_080606-1032x774.jpg
Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
So why does Jeep seem to be having so much trouble with these updates? What's going on? Doesn't seem like something that should be all that complicated...

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I took delivery of my JLUR December 3 2018. My system has the offroad pages. I had seen them on the driver's display, but not even thought about them on the 8.4 display until I stumbled on this thread. Manufacture date of my vehicle is 10-18. I can't figure out how to get the sw version.

20181214_080606-1032x774.jpg
If their is a new version out it will let you know.

JC2692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Talk to your dealer, you should have it by now.
I actually did two days ago when I went in for a Jeep wave oil change thing. They didn't know what ORP was. I showed them some pictures and they went "Huh, never heard of that." I ended up not getting an oil change or anything (2 hr, wait so I'll actually press the matter when I go in there to do that

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Update on the update!

I have good news! Our Chrysler Advocate advised today that there will be a fix for the Jeep Off Road Pages after the Christmas Holidays! It will come out as a software update and should be available at driveuconnect.com so you can do the software update yourself or of course you can also go to the dealer to have the update completed, which ever option is more convenient for you. Once I hear from our Advocate that the update is available. I will send you an email with a link to the site and download information.

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Update on the update!

I have good news! Our Chrysler Advocate advised today that there will be a fix for the Jeep Off Road Pages after the Christmas Holidays! It will come out as a software update and should be available at driveuconnect.com so you can do the software update yourself or of course you can also go to the dealer to have the update completed, which ever option is more convenient for you. Once I hear from our Advocate that the update is available. I will send you an email with a link to the site and download information.
I heard the same thing a week or so ago. They said sometime around Jan 6 or 11th I don't remember. Who knows if this is true or not but we shall all wait and see...

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I heard the same thing a week or so ago. They said sometime around Jan 6 or 11th I don't remember. Who knows if this is true or not but we shall all wait and see...
Breath being held!

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I actually did two days ago when I went in for a Jeep wave oil change thing. They didn't know what ORP was. I showed them some pictures and they went "Huh, never heard of that." I ended up not getting an oil change or anything (2 hr, wait so I'll actually press the matter when I go in there to do that
That not the techs I want changing my oil. :facepalm:

Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
I bought my JLUR 10-31, my dealer was not aware, but when I was installing my CB yesterday... poof the ORP appeared...

Glad to see the issue resolved.. I hope others experience the same.

TC

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Ridiculous. This isn’t magic. Either FCA has no idea what’s going on or for some reason they refuse to commicate what the issue is.

I bought my JLUR 10-31, my dealer was not aware, but when I was installing my CB yesterday... poof the ORP appeared...

Glad to see the issue resolved.. I hope others experience the same.

TC

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Ridiculous. This isn’t magic. Either FCA has no idea what’s going on or for some reason they refuse to commicate what the issue is.
I work at a big company too (Boeing).. I can imagine they don't have a good communications plan with the dealers - end customers other than the posted TSB on this topic.

I agree, Jeep could do a lot better on OTA communications directly with the end customers..

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I work at a big company too (Boeing).. I can imagine they don't have a good communications plan with the dealers - end customers other than the posted TSB on this topic.

I agree, Jeep could do a lot better on OTA communications directly with the end customers..
I work at your competition. Agree 100%
Sponsored