Jeep announces that 2018's will NOT get the Off-Road pages

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Wow, I can't believe you don't have them, I have an early build 2018 and have had them for at least 6 months now!
There’s a lot of people that still don’t have them including myself. My Rubicon was built last June.
Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a lot of people that still don’t have them including myself. My Rubicon was built last June.
Mine was built first of August. I contacted Jeep cares and they said you must take it to the dealer that they could not push it through the air. Damm.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
They pushed mine, that's strange>
Here is what the replied to me just today.

Hello Rich

I apologize as there is no way to have this pushed over the air. There were several issues with the over the air update and this is why is needs to be completed at the dealership to have it updated correctly.

Thanks
Benda
Jeep Wave Customer Assisrtance

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
Purchased a rubicon on December, great feature until I took it to the dealership for a faulty camera, they had to update my radio software and the app was gone. Took it back in for update and was referred to call fca.

I called Fca, they checked the software version and said that a new one should be coming out ( no release date yet) and the update will happen over the air.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I have been talking to my service writer about it. He didn't know what it was, so I asked him to look up the TSB. He emailed me the entire thing. I responded, "Yes, that's the one." He replied that he would have his service manager check it out. I waited over a week to hear from him. Went in today and asked about it. His reply was, I gave you the information. He thought that it was something that I had to perform because he didn't even read the TSB. When I explained it to him he got flustered and went to talk to the service manager. He came back and said that I will have to leave my Jeep with him while they download it over the air, which he said should take several hours. I am a very competent and capable mechanic and consider myself to be very tech savvy. I offered to help him figure it out, as I am certain that I understand the process after reading all the information from here and the TSB. But I'm certain that I will continue to be ignored.

What is the TSB for this I picked my wrangler up from the dealer service today they had it two days for the weld recall they were supposed to install this and did not, when I asked them when I dropped off they did not seem familier but added it to the service anyway, like I said when I got home and checked it was not there. maybe the TSB would help

Sponsored

Interlaw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
Mine was built first of August. I contacted Jeep cares and they said you must take it to the dealer that they could not push it through the air. Damm.
They pushed mine a couple of weeks ago. Didn’t even know they did it until I checked my Apps and there it was!

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Wow, I can't believe you don't have them, I have an early build 2018 and have had them for at least 6 months now!
Ya. Very strange. The tech can see they are loaded and installed but the icon does not show up on the dashboard panel.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Anyone have any luck getting this to work on 7in?

AgentTML

First Name
Tri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (2018), Honda Pilot Touring (2010), Ford C-Max SEL (2013)
I think this may be due to the type of hardware that the Jeep has. It appears I have a "Panasonic" made radio or hardware, and the software with the ORP in the TSB is not compatible.

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think this may be due to the type of hardware that the Jeep has. It appears I have a "Panasonic" made radio or hardware, and the software with the ORP in the TSB is not compatible.
Cool if so - FCA can install a Panasonic for me on warrantee.

Sponsored

bdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I took my Jeep in twice now to get the ORP update. Both updates took 5 hours and both failed. The service manager didn't know what else to do so he ordered me a new head unit. Should be here in two weeks. I'm hoping it also fixes the speed sensitive volume that seems to not work in the 8.4's. My jeep was built 05/18.

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took my Jeep in twice now to get the ORP update. Both updates took 5 hours and both failed. The service manager didn't know what else to do so he ordered me a new head unit. Should be here in two weeks. I'm hoping it also fixes the speed sensitive volume that seems to not work in the 8.4's. My jeep was built 05/18.
Keep us posted...

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
Took over year for dealership/ FCA to get mine to work. Then few weeks later they finally replaced whole unit. Works perfect now.
Sponsored