Jeep announces that 2018's will NOT get the Off-Road pages

302lockedandloaded

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Black
So what happens to the people who were one of the first people to pick these up off the lots and weren't told that it DIDNT come with the pages? I mean I understand their bullshit small print saying they are subject to change, but you cant sell something without a paid-for-option and later on say, we changed our minds, you don't get this, but we aren't compensating you for it, sorry. My point is, you cant change AFTER the fact.
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I could care less about the actual feature. It's the arrogance that they can market a feature and even put it on our Jeeps and then remove it. If they don't deliver it, I have a feeling that my Jeep is going to have all sorts of spontaneous warranty issues until I feel satisfied that I've cost them enough money.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
No idea who this person is, but that would be one heck of a move on Jeeps behalf if they really offered that. I’m putting it on here more as a funny post than information, but thought I would share the fun from my thread.

73D94DCE-2424-4591-8B9F-384B0EE39A7C.png

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
No idea who this person is, but that would be one heck of a move on Jeeps behalf if they really offered that. I’m putting it on here more as a funny post than information, but thought I would share the fun from my thread.

73D94DCE-2424-4591-8B9F-384B0EE39A7C.png
ROFL. There is no way they are going to give anyone a new 2019 Rubicon, when all they would need to do is add software or swap the Radio.

Hey FCA, I'd much rather have you remove ESS from my Jeep than the Off Road Pages.

Last edited:

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
Someone needs to submit this to various news outlets. Or all of the popular automotive websites. FCA will be forced to make a statement so it doesn’t get out of their control.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
So what happens to the people who were one of the first people to pick these up off the lots and weren't told that it DIDNT come with the pages? I mean I understand their bullshit small print saying they are subject to change, but you cant sell something without a paid-for-option and later on say, we changed our minds, you don't get this, but we aren't compensating you for it, sorry. My point is, you cant change AFTER the fact.
I guess these people are happy they got the 2018 before the price increase. With the steel and aluminum tariffs and the mild hybrid V6 next year I can only imagine another price imcrincr for 2019. Poor service for sure, but that has been par for the course so far.

Maccam26

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
I could live with a later update also but all the comments on Uconnect Cares on Twitter are so far stating that they will not be on 2018. Unless the employees answering the questions don’t know any better. The initial claim said it’s not available on 2018 “at this time’’ hoping there is more to that sentence. If not, the people who ordered the package expecting the feature were robbed. They need compensation for sure. We should be loud on uconnect / Jeep cares / and all platforms to push this to resolution or firm answer.
Sponsored