Jeep announces that 2018's will NOT get the Off-Road pages

Terry09

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
If it works on the cluster but not on the touch screen then it has to be a software issue. I'm sure if it will be updated further down the road.
Sponsored

Maccam26

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
this would be very frustrating as I'm picking up an 18...

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
FCA mentions that some features are subject to change. It's my understanding that many 2018 JL owners did have this feature for a while, then it disappeared. I'm betting they will add the Off Road Pages back into the 2018 JLs. Otherwise, couldn't the fact that FCA removed a feature from a vehicle they no longer own be considered theft? I mean...If I sold you my used car, then a couple weeks later I went to your house and removed the stereo from the car, I'm pretty sure I'd get arrested.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Just to make sure there is no confusion down the road about what was listed on the site. Having the feature pulled from the site after people order, or adding a bit of small print that it’s late availability is not a solution for those who purchased an expensive package only to have a significant part removed. If the hardware is the same, and it remains on the GC Trailhawk there is no reason not to enable for Rubicon’s other than Jeep not wanting to take the time to fix it.

0D03FD21-CD39-4ADD-A6E0-39B7E2DCF22B.png

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
FCA mentions that some features are subject to change. It's my understanding that many 2018 JL owners did have this feature for a while, then it disappeared. I'm betting they will add it back into the 2018 JLs. Otherwise, couldn't the fact that FCA removed a feature from a vehicle they no longer own be considered theft? I mean...If I sold you a my used car, then a couple weeks later I went to your house and removed the stereo from the car, I'm pretty sure I'd get arrested.
Yes, as an individual you could not sell a product, and then go back and remove it for whatever reason. However, FCA is a corporation and they do play by different rules. If this is truly not going to ever hit the 2018s, we should get some sort of rebate back due to that.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Well they said “unfortunalty featuers are subject to change and it will now launch with the 2019s”. I’m all about being optimistic, but I also understand corporate lingo for you are SOL
Sure...not directing this at you, but at Jeep.

Showing it clear as day with interior photos of working vehicles and marketing then relying on tiny fine print is pretty BS. Seems to be a feature already in Jeep vehicles, it was advertised.

Why did it STOP working? Why don't they fix it, or confirm they will?

If it was some new crazy feature forums were speculating on (hint CB/HAM hardwire), I'd get it...but this? I'll be new to offroading and thought it would be cool when I start trying it out and taking the family with me so they can follow along for fun.

auxSwitch

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubi, FZ6
Vehicle Showcase
This is very disappointing. I'm ok being the early adopter and having to wait for software to be worked out - understandable - rush to production, new model - no questions. But having a feature that appears on marketing materials, have it on some delivered vehicles, remove it and then not bring it back - doesn't seem right. @JeepCares or not?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I have a pretty good tweet thread going with UconnectCares. They are pretty clear that 2018will not get this, and are in the process of removing references to it from all sites. That does not help anyone who had already ordered based on the information they had at the time.

Sponsored

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Unacceptable!

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 5.06.56 PM.png

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I have a pretty good tweet thread going with UconnectCares. They are pretty clear that 2018will not get this, and are in the process of removing references to it from all sites. That does not help anyone who had already ordered based on the information they had at the time.
(not directed at you)

They already marketed it!!!

Yes, I saw it in the interior shots of the UPGRADED infotainment system (I could care less about sat radio) as well the feature set for the UPGRADED infotainment system. I was not too concerned thinking they would fix it. I was pretty stoked to have it for the family to get interested in wheeling and have a way to engage while we try out a new hobby.

They need to figure out how to make up for it with some sort of patching, or other reimbursement.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
*** Updated the title and original post to reflect the new tweets confirming 2018's won't be getting the pages.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a feeling this, and the recent price increase, is going to be a PR nightmare for FCA.
Sponsored