Jeep announces that 2018's will NOT get the Off-Road pages

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
That's bs. At least say if the 18s will get it at the end of the year.
Pretty sure they just confirmed it will not be on 18s. Going to consider canceling my order at this point
Sponsored

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Maybe I'm confused but I have access to all of these options between my gauges on my JL Rubicon. Did I miss something? I can see pitch,roll, tire angle, T-case and locker selection, etc.
That info is also supposed to be available on the 8.4” screen that also controls radio, etc.

All engine gauges on 1 screen, another screen with the roll/pitch info, etc.

With the pages on the radio you can have the engine gauges or whatever on with the pitch/roll on the center above the steering wheel. It’s all the same info we currently have but with the ability to view in more than 1 spot on a bigger screen. Like on the Grand Cherokee since 2017 that uses the same hardware.

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
So is it a hardware issue? Could you swap the Head unit with one on a ‘19 and get it that way?

thehaf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited; 1995 Mitsubishi J-55 import
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Its the same hardware, I don't see why it wouldn't be available with a software update. Though to be honest, this isn't that big of a deal imo. The information is available on the cluster, not sure how much I would use it on the bigger screen. Now if it was not available at all, then I would be a bit more upset.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
Its the same hardware, I don't see why it wouldn't be available with a software update. Though to be honest, this isn't that big of a deal imo. The information is available on the cluster, not sure how much I would use it on the bigger screen. Now if it was not available at all, then I would be a bit more upset.
It’s the principle. I would recommend everyone light up fca and jeep on social media. To just remove a prominent feature and not even have a valid reason is garbage and not how loyal customers should be treated.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
In my Grand Cherokee Trailhawk there were some items that were not available on the cluster, and only the head unit. I agree that some of the information will show up in the small cluster, but it is not a 100% match. When going off-road, and spending a lot of time in the desert having the full gauge cluster in one place was very nice.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Pretty sure they just confirmed it will not be on 18s. Going to consider canceling my order at this point
They haven't directly said 18s won't getting it. They said it'll launch with 19s. Will they send out an update for the 18s later on? That's what I want to know.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
They haven't directly said 18s won't getting it. They said it'll launch with 19s. Will they send out an update for the 18s later on? That's what I want to know.
Well they said “unfortunalty featuers are subject to change and it will now launch with the 2019s”. I’m all about being optimistic, but I also understand corporate lingo for you are SOL

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
If enough people bring attention it will be reviewed. It is on a 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, and the 2018. Not giving to 2018 Rubicon’s is not acceptable, and they need to fix the problem.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I think it's time to kidnap Sweater Boy. Who's got a bunny rabbit we can boil in a pot of water?

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Well they said “unfortunalty featuers are subject to change and it will now launch with the 2019s”. I’m all about being optimistic, but I also understand corporate lingo for you are SOL
That’s fine if it launches with the 19’s later this year...if the 18’s also get it. If it’s the same hardware with no changes then it’s a software issue and shouldn’t be a problem updating the 18’s.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
For what it's worth I just shot off a Hella email to Jeep. I know it's going to be read by a CSR that doesn't give a rip and it will die there with the standard not available until 2019, blah blah. For what it's worth I told them just that. Please send this up the line to someone that can give some answers. I also reached out to my dealer. It's not her deal but I asked her for contact info for a FCA rep, any FCA rep and let her know to make sure they know what's going on. It prob. won't help but hey. Shoot off an email. Take 10 minutes to let them know we didn't get what was promised and paid for. Give us some answers. We aren't going away. Our we can just keep bitching here to deaf ears @JeepCares https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/EmailPage.html

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
That’s fine if it launches with the 19’s later this year...if the 18’s also get it. If it’s the same hardware with no changes then it’s a software issue and shouldn’t be a problem updating the 18’s.
Correct it shouldn’t be. But according to the replies from fca they won’t be updating 18s. That is unacceptable

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Correct it shouldn’t be. But according to the replies from fca they won’t be updating 18s. That is unacceptable
I’m pretty sure all of us with a 2018will be out of luck. See the reply to my tweet earlier.

8C08F85D-0B63-4CA4-B8D6-5C882D218196.png
Sponsored