James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I was just reading through a few post.
Uniconect and Jeep care say, sorry these features are now only for the 2019.
As some futures are for late delivery only and will not be available for the 2018 models, sorry for the inconvenience and misunderstanding.

Does this mean my new JLUR could come without lock diffs? Or maybe the wheels are a late feature items only.
Sounds like BS to me.

sorry jeep about the confusion regarding my payment. I know we agreed on a price of $57k for my JLUR, after receiving it Iā€™m only going to pay you $51k since Iā€™m not getting what I ordered. Sorry about the confusion this maybe to you, things can change without notice and is out of my control. Iā€™m sure you understand taking less since the features that were promised are not there.
Sponsored

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
This is a valid email address ( [email protected] ) for those interested in putting together a short, well written and compelling statement concerning your loyality to Jeep Wrangler but your disappointment in how the UConnect and ORP has been a bust.
I wrote a professional letter. Sat on it a couple days. Reworked it and sent it in. Havenā€™t heard anything yet.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
Guess that means I'm in the minority for being that budding 25 year old offroader wanting an affordable Jeep.

A lot has changed to the brand in twenty years..
Yea you buy a used one like I did at your age lol. I didnā€™t get a new Jeep until I was 33

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Do not read this review https://www.digitaltrends.com/car-reviews/2018-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-review/ if you are upset about the Offroad Pages being removed as it shows pictures of them and discusses how nice they are for offroading in a 2018 JLU Rubi.

And yes, I have a 2DR, MT, PST, LEDs Rubi on order as of 1/26 that I may not receive until the Summer! But, I did not upgrade to the 8.4 screen so I was not receiving the OffRPages anyway.
Date on the article was 3/10/18. Howā€™d they get a ā€˜19 already? Or a ā€˜18 with functioning pages to review if they were never available? Eh, @JeepCares?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Yea you buy a used one like I did at your age lol. I didnā€™t get a new Jeep until I was 33
Lol that's on you. I work hard and pull good salary so a responsible new car purchase is $25,000-$30,000 to me.

Point being adjusted for inflation these things used to be a lot more affordable to the Everyman.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Lol that's on you. I work hard and pull good salary so a responsible new car purchase is $25,000-$30,000 to me.

Point being adjusted for inflation these things used to be a lot more affordable to the Everyman.
The new jeep i bought at about your age was $15,000. And it was the equivalent of $25,000 when you consider inflation. Feature-wise it was the equivalent of a base 2-door with A/C which you can get in that price range. There is still a jeep that is just as affordable as ever. Just expectations have changed.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
The new jeep i bought at about your age was $15,000. And it was the equivalent of $25,000 when you consider inflation. Feature-wise it was the equivalent of a base 2-door with A/C which you can get in that price range. There is still a jeep that is just as affordable as ever. Just expectations have changed.
Last year that would've been true. But they're up $3700 from last year, to $28,900 now. And that's if they'll let you order a manual without the $600 anti spin option.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Last year that would've been true. But they're up $3700 from last year, to $28,900 now. And that's if they'll let you order a manual without the $600 anti spin option.
That's MSRP. So call it $27,000.

The point is when people start talking about how unaffordable they have gotten they are looking at 4-doors with automatic, hard tops, safety features, touch-screen, LED, etc. Those aren't equivalent to the old YJs or even TJs.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
There are thousands of affordable Jeeps on the market. They just donā€™t happen to be new.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's MSRP. So call it $27,000.

The point is when people start talking about how unaffordable they have gotten they are looking at 4-doors with automatic, hard tops, safety features, touch-screen, LED, etc. Those aren't equivalent to the old YJs or even TJs.
MSRP is now $27,495, again, if they'll allow no anti spin. Up from $23,995. Previously I was including destination.

The song remains the same lol

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
On another forum. Dude got an email that there will be no software update for 2018 MY customers. I really think it's time we start organizing a Class Action Lawsuit. These responses by FCA are not legal. And I can't believe they are so stupid to think they can get away with this. Morons.

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 10.29.44 PM.png

rip0351

First Name
Rip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sahara
This whole thing is prime example of why I hate these always connected features. If there's an up I'd rather do it myself so I can wait for some others to do and make sure it doesn't break other features.
I mean even apple doesn't force the update on you, they push the update to your phone and then you have the option to read the details and decide if you want to install it or not.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
MSRP is now $27,495, again, if they'll allow no anti spin. Up from $23,995. Previously I was including destination.

The song remains the same lol
Donā€™t buy it. Thereā€™s your solution. The same song about the damn price is sung. Donā€™t turn this thread into your ā€œi want a JL for JK moneyā€ problem. Weā€™re talking about the off road pages here.

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Fake news. The clowns y'al are calling/emailing/chatting/tweeting or WETF don't have a clue about whatever y'al are talking about. I promise you that even the newest members of this forum know more about the JL than whoever is on the other side of those conversations. They don't issue everyone at Jeep or Uconnect new JL's so they know what's up. You know who does have them? Y'all. We will get the pages on the 8.4. Look at your owner's manual and QRG.
Sponsored