Sponsored

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
We installed ours last summer, incredibly easy, maybe 20 min the first time. I took it off for the winter (though it is considered 4 seasons and you do not have to) and the reinstall this past spring took 10 min. Definitely not an involved or hard installation and worth it. THe freedom panels are great, but they are big and bulky to store. Now we flip two switches and in under 5 seconds, FREEDOM! :)
Sponsored

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Really? Man it just doesn't look like that from the video. Is that "Richard" time or regular time? ;) I give my wife a hard time because when she says she'll be done with something in 10 minutes, I usually have to multiply by 3. You're probably fast with this stuff, so when you say 10 minutes, it would probably be 30 minutes (and a ton of frustration) or more for me!
OK so the sunrider takes about 40 minutes to put together and install out of the box.
30 of those minutes are spent "building" the sunrider.
The other 10 are placing it on top of the roof and installing the 2 bolts either side and the locking latch that attaches to the rear of the sunrider.

Once that's all done removing it is just a case of undoing the bolts holding it to the roof.

You don't need to rebuild the sunrider again which is the part that takes the most time.

Freedom panels are good but once you have a sunrider you'll wonder why you waited so long to get one and you'll never use the freedom panels again!!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I'm thinking of getting one for the winter months(when the hardtop is back on) .I traditionally have always loved the soft top in the summer ..but when it comes time to replace the hardtop I know most of the time I will never use the freedon tops because of their bulk and time spent getting them in the bag and storing in back. I do love the ability of being able to just toss the sunrider back from the cabin at any time and closing it up similarly. I just checked the link that was posted and for some reason states it does not fit my vehicle is this true? only 21's or is it any JL/JT

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is definitely on my radar.

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
OK so the sunrider takes about 40 minutes to put together and install out of the box.
30 of those minutes are spent "building" the sunrider.
The other 10 are placing it on top of the roof and installing the 2 bolts either side and the locking latch that attaches to the rear of the sunrider.

Once that's all done removing it is just a case of undoing the bolts holding it to the roof.

You don't need to rebuild the sunrider again which is the part that takes the most time.

Freedom panels are good but once you have a sunrider you'll wonder why you waited so long to get one and you'll never use the freedom panels again!!
I have to assume that you have to completely remove the sunrider if you want to put the freedom panels back on.......say for winter.

Sponsored

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
I have to assume that you have to completely remove the sunrider if you want to put the freedom panels back on.......say for winter.
Yes but it comes off in one whole piece so no rebuilding necessary.

seguerski

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S 3.6L Sting Gray, 2014 Jeep MK Compass Latitude 2.4L
Encountered the same thing for any non-2021 options I selected. I already have the sunrider, but was curious as to the "Mopar" price.

Screenshot_20210714-180401_Chrome.png
Is there any reason this wouldn't work on an older JL/JT? I assume there is no reason, but who knows?

Has anyone purchased the "Mopar" version and installed on an older model?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Is there any reason this wouldn't work on an older JL/JT? I assume there is no reason, but who knows?

Has anyone purchased the "Mopar" version and installed on an older model?
The JL/JT version of our Sunrider for Hardtop fits all JL/JT models from 2018 to present so far.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com