Sponsored

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Removing the Sunrider for Hard Top on the JL is MUCH easier than the JK version, too. I have both. I never remove it from the JK, for that reason. The JL is a piece of cake.
Great to hear. I have it on my JK and haven't taken it off either. I ordered a JT and plan on getting one for it.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I hear you. We haven't forgotten about it. When it is available it will be my absolute pleasure to announce it and you guys will be among the first to hear.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I’m surprised that this hint about a possible upcoming retractable sunshade for the JL hasn’t received more attention. I only hope it’s true. Of course I have heard this before and have been waiting since 2018!

I’ll be very happy if it comes to pass.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
I just installed this last night, and this morning..... it's raining. :mad: No leaks so far.

Sponsored

Raven99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Clubs

I love the Bestop on my Jeep. So easy to use! Transforms the whole driving experience compared to using the freedom tops.

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
I watched a video from Extreme Terrain a few weeks ago on the installation of the Bestop Sunrider for JLs,. It did not look like a simple quick installation by any means. Did I miss something? Many posts in this thread are implying it's quick and easy. Does it just get a lot quicker and easier once you've done it multiple times?

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
I watched a video from Extreme Terrain a few weeks ago on the installation of the Bestop Sunrider for JLs,. It did not look like a simple quick installation by any means. Did I miss something? Many posts in this thread are implying it's quick and easy. Does it just get a lot quicker and easier once you've done it multiple times?
Once the z clip is in place it's a very simple install.

I guess there's a knack to it but that's the hardest part of fitting the sunrider.

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once the z clip is in place it's a very simple install.

I guess there's a knack to it but that's the hardest part of fitting the sunrider.

Just looks a lot more involved than I was envisioning. I was envisioning something like the freedom panels where you put it into position on the roof and turn some handles to fasten it down. It's nothing like that at all. I guess it is what it is.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Just looks a lot more involved than I was envisioning. I was envisioning something like the freedom panels where you put it into position on the roof and turn some handles to fasten it down. It's nothing like that at all. I guess it is what it is.
I think your point is a fair one. This definitely isn't something I'd want to be doing all the time. However, I'm envisioning doing it once in the spring and once in the fall. And that doesn't sound so bad.

Sponsored

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Honestly it's really very simple. Once it's made up removal and reinstallation is probably less than a 10 minute job (if that!)

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think your point is a fair one. This definitely isn't something I'd want to be doing all the time. However, I'm envisioning doing it once in the spring and once in the fall. And that doesn't sound so bad.
Yeah, true. Luckily I've got my wife, she's the hands-on DIY guru between us.

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly it's really very simple. Once it's made up removal and reinstallation is probably less than a 10 minute job (if that!)
Really? Man it just doesn't look like that from the video. Is that "Richard" time or regular time? ;) I give my wife a hard time because when she says she'll be done with something in 10 minutes, I usually have to multiply by 3. You're probably fast with this stuff, so when you say 10 minutes, it would probably be 30 minutes (and a ton of frustration) or more for me!

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI

Good to see the install video - so this looks like something for someone who never wants to take the hard top off? I’m not seeing some type of quick release, so you’d have to completely uninstall it to take the hard top off - or maybe I’m missing something?

think I’d stay with the freedom panels - easy to throw in the back.

definitely a cool product depending on your use case though

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to see the install video - so this looks like something for someone who never wants to take the hard top off? I’m not seeing some type of quick release, so you’d have to completely uninstall it to take the hard top off - or maybe I’m missing something?

think I’d stay with the freedom panels - easy to throw in the back.

definitely a cool product depending on your use case though
I love the idea of this thing. Maybe the guys earlier in the thread are right and it's pretty simple after all. Probably going to buy one at some point and give it a shot, assuming they have a good return policy in case we just don't like something about it.
Sponsored