Jeep and Hail Damage

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Well wash both vehicles today. My JL, hood, windshield frame, both passenger side doors, and front and rear quarter panels have some dents. The hood really took it.

My wife’s Honda Pilot, only thing that did not get dented is the passenger door on the drivers side.

My wife is pretty upset. She loves her Pilot. All in all, it could have always been worst. At least we were not in an accident, and no one got hurt.

We’ve had USAA insurance for years, and have never filed a claim. Guess we’ll see how good they really are!

[
That sucks.....I'm sorry! Back in 2000 my car had some hail damage and I filed a claim and the insurance company (State Farm), looked at it, sent me a check and made good on their promise that my rates wouldn't go up since this was hail damage....
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hit some torrential rain and dime sized hail on a highway trip for the wife yesterday. She apologized for having the 2+ month old Jeep in the hail. I laughed and said that small hail wouldn't ding the Jeep but might possibly help the windshield crack grow further. Came through without issues and it wasn't as loud on the soft top as I'd expected. Hail is a part of life in my parts and mine actually had a few small dings in the hood at the dealership when I purchased though they popped them out.

I did see one woman driving a JK with a bikini top and no doors underneath an overpass.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I live in Central Ohio. I've used moving pads for hail storms my whole life. I keep bungee straps with them too. Keeps them from blowing off. Neighbors probably think I'm nuts when they see me running outside in a thunderstorm to cover vehicles.
Sponsored