Jeep Adventure Academy

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
I put myself on the waiting list for Moab and the Rubicon events - ended up getting emails a few days later stating a spot had opened. We're in Washington, so we're going to have the RTT set up by then and treat each as a mini vacation (fingers crossed we have the Rubi on 37s by then too!).
Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the rundown. Good information, and nice pictures. I'm stock Sport S, and frankly a bit worried having seen some YouTube videos of the park where mine is. But they said it was for beginners and any trail rated Jeep will work.
There were only a couple of spots where the Sport and Grand Cherokee had any sort of struggle. One was an obstacle to get out of a creek. It had a bypass that both handled with ease.

The other was some switchbacks that had some deep ruts in them. Both made through there fine as well. Just took a little more time with some "come forward, go back, turn, come forward, turn, go back, come forward" moments.

I got the sense that they picked the trails based on ensuring everyone can make it through. And, both guide Jeeps and half the rigs out there had winches as well.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
What sucks is that they only allow for a driver and 1 passenger.
At least the passenger is free. Because it's an event geared towards the inexperienced, I think the limit is meant to give ample time for questions and 1:1 attention.

At the moment it very much feels like a "Spend $200/Jeep to learn your vehicle in one day and be a confident enough driver to be willing to spend $500/person at the Jamboree 3-day event at the same location."

They did admit to us that they were still learning what they wanted to do with the Jeep Academy. They said they're exploring how to have it remain a one-day event but offer both Beginner/Intermediate and Advanced sessions in the same day.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I put myself on the waiting list for Moab and the Rubicon events - ended up getting emails a few days later stating a spot had opened. We're in Washington, so we're going to have the RTT set up by then and treat each as a mini vacation (fingers crossed we have the Rubi on 37s by then too!).
That's great! They told us the Rubicon and MOAB events usually sell out in less than two minutes.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the tag and writeup - I'd like to give it a shot at some point.
Sponsored