cmincks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Clubs

Wow!! This past weekend I finally was able to take the Rubicon off road at the Jeep Adventure Academy near Ocotillo Wells, CA. I was expecting an easy day with some simple trails, but there were a few surprisingly challenging sections.

The staff was absolutely amazing and accommodating. From the initial welcome and check in, through orientation explaining the features of our vehicles and assisting with the proper setup, there was nothing overlooked. Everyone was extremely knowledgeable and patient with the variety of experience levels and vehicles in the group. The spotters were encouraging and provided the confidence to get through the obstacles while demonstrating the capabilities of the Jeeps' settings.

I would highly recommend this experience for any Jeeper!

JAA 04.jpg

JAA 02.jpg

JAA 03.jpg

JAA 05.jpg

JAA 06.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

dreep jeemin

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5
Occupation
Professional Irritant
Glad to see they weren't always as tightly spaced as they were in that second shot!

21RedRubi

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
When I went the class was limited to 24 jeeps and split into two groups

Sponsored

RemisPaPa

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-350
Occupation
Retired Marine, DoD Civilian
I once bowed out of a SCORCH ride down at Ocotillo Wells/Anza Borrego because 44 Jeeps had committed to join.
I instead went on a NOTARUBICON ride through the Old Dale Mining District and Joshua Tree National Park.
By the time we rolled out 71 Jeeps had shown up! Was fun, but slow going as you might imagine.

OP
OP
cmincks

cmincks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Clubs

The absolute last thing I want to do in my Jeep is follow 30 other Jeeps around.
It was pretty spaced out of for the most part. this picture was taken while waiting for the last group to complete an obstacle before heading to the next.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I once bowed out of a SCORCH ride down at Ocotillo Wells/Anza Borrego because 44 Jeeps had committed to join.
I instead went on a NOTARUBICON ride through the Old Dale Mining District and Joshua Tree National Park.
By the time we rolled out 71 Jeeps had shown up! Was fun, but slow going as you might imagine.
That’s why I never wanted to join a club and create traffic jams in the woods… I’m all for going out with another Jeep or two, but not dozens.

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I think a lot of us who have been doing this for awhile may prefer the solitude of solo trips or maybe with a couple other Jeeps but for newcomers to Jeeps or off-roading in general, this kind of program can provide an invaluable experience.

It would be a long, tedious day to snake through a trail behind all those Jeeps but for some, it could be a safe way to get their feet wet if they don't have experienced off-roaders in their circle.

Sponsored

RemisPaPa

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-350
Occupation
Retired Marine, DoD Civilian
I definitely prefer the 4 to 7 size groups. And I do enjoy the “just me” trips but you have to be particular on those in order to make it home safe.
I’ve done Rattlesnake Canyon up to Big Bear or Rimrock solo a few times with no issues. Burns Canyon and Berdoo Canyon solo a few times with no issues. A lot is because I had four day work weeks so Fridays were my me time. Did the group stuff on weekends.
Now that I’ve retired and moved, and sitting here patiently waiting on my replacement, I’m looking for some groups of like minded folks to cruise the Sierra Nevada’s with.
I’ll get back to the desert as often as possible, but the mountains are thirty minutes away from my new home.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I’d put up with it for a class, maybe 7 tops. But yeah the general group meets/caravans, hard pass. Never really understood that. Out in the boonies, sitting in traffic/staring at the big dumb ass end of the vehicle in front of you. Lol

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

That’s why I never wanted to join a club and create traffic jams in the woods… I’m all for going out with another Jeep or two, but not dozens.
Feels like four is about my max, if they are your boys and not total randos. I asked a friend what his vehicle tolerance limit was and he said “One.” LOL
Sponsored