Sponsored

Jeep Adventure Academy @ Moab worth the price?

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Seems fun, is it worth the price of admission? It’s $329 for me and a passenger which is slightly more than the jeep jamboree, but seems like more one on one instruction.
anyone else on here going??
I did this in Texas last year. It was worth the price for me because it was on a private ranch that I wouldn't have been able to drive on otherwise.

The experience was great. The instructors and local guides/spotters were all really helpful and personable.

The way it worked for us was you'd drive up to an obstacle and one guide would stop you and ask you how you planned to tackle it. Then give you feedback and instructions. Then there was a guide to spot you through/over the obstacle. Then there was a third one who just watched what you did and gave you feedback after you exited on what to do/consider in the future.

My only gripe with the experience was the group was broken up into two and my group had both a Grand Cherokee (with Trailhawk) and a bone-stock JLU Sport. They were both able to clear all but one obstacle, but having to wait behind two of them greatly slowed down the group. Would have been better if they put one of them in each group.
Sponsored

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
I'm signing up for Moab Saturday. Thanks for bringing this up

azbobver

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Permanent Vacation
I have seen a video of the experience and we decided to signup for Phoenix/Wickenberg AZ for the Friday session in March.

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
I literally just signed up for Moab Saturday! See you there! I'll be the one in the Jeep.
I plan on also being there in a Jeep assuming it's delivered by then! Lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
I have been to 4 Jeep jamborees in 3 states and 4 different cities (so it’s not like I repeated the same jamboree over and over). If Jeep puts on an event they will take care of you and your Jeep. They have done it for so long they are very good at it. It will be a fun time and you will learn.

Many local clubs can be good and much less expensive but not at the same level as a Jeep sponsored event. A local event will most likely not be run or coordinated as smoothly as a Jeep event. If you can get past the Jeep cost to attend, in the end you most likely will think it was worth it and it will be a fun and memorable event.

My wife and I have wheeled since 2013, and we are waiting for our 22 rubi with the goal of attending jamborees in as many states that we can attend. It’s a good way for us to see the country.

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
@Jreycnc @macphisto13, I’m doing Thursday, if you are in town and hitting trails Friday, let’s link up! I know it’s a ways out, but I plan on being in the area wed-sun

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
@Jreycnc @macphisto13, I’m doing Thursday, if you are in town and hitting trails Friday, let’s link up! I know it’s a ways out, but I plan on being in the area wed-sun
Unfortunately, I won't be arriving until late Friday and leaving early Sunday but thank you for the invite!

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Moab is full up, as is Indianapolis.

I'm debating joining the waitlist.

Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
We've got a '22 Unlimited Sahara Altitude on order but also own a '20 Grand Cherokee High Altitude 4x4 with Quadra-Trac II 4WD, Quadra-lift air suspension and Selec-Terrain. Even though it is equipped the same as a Trailhawk, because it's not a Trailhawk we can't register with the GC?

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
We've got a '22 Unlimited Sahara Altitude on order but also own a '20 Grand Cherokee High Altitude 4x4 with Quadra-Trac II 4WD, Quadra-lift air suspension and Selec-Terrain. Even though it is equipped the same as a Trailhawk, because it's not a Trailhawk we can't register with the GC?
Doesn’t sound like it. I had the same in my last GC, while very capable off road, the Sahara HA will be 1000x more comfortable.

what I hated with the air suspension is when fully extended, you lose all dampening from your suspension, so while it gets you over things, you bounce around like no other.

Can’t wait to see everyone out on the trails! Will certainly pick up a few BOH while out there

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Doesn’t sound like it. I had the same in my last GC, while very capable off road, the Sahara HA will be 1000x more comfortable.

what I hated with the air suspension is when fully extended, you lose all dampening from your suspension, so while it gets you over things, you bounce around like no other.

Can’t wait to see everyone out on the trails! Will certainly pick up a few BOH while out there
I'm curious as to what the difference is between models if they appear to have the same equipment?
Sponsored