Sponsored

Jeep Adventure Academy @ Moab worth the price?

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Seems fun, is it worth the price of admission? It’s $329 for me and a passenger which is slightly more than the jeep jamboree, but seems like more one on one instruction.
anyone else on here going??
Sponsored

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
We ran into a similar Bronco run one on our way thru Moab last fall. They had about 20 of the things of all types and sorts and it looked like they kept them pretty busy. You had to be a Bronco owner to go.

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Another question, does it make sense to do multiple days or is it the same thing on repeat 3 days in a row

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Seems fun, is it worth the price of admission? It’s $329 for me and a passenger which is slightly more than the jeep jamboree, but seems like more one on one instruction.
anyone else on here going??
if you're new to Jeep and the off-road world this seems like it was be a great deal. They teach you everything you need to know and provide food and some beverages. and if you break down from some reason have staff to help you out and get you home. I would have done this back when i bought my jeep but wasn't offered at the time. My old man said back in the YJ days jeep offered a class to teach you how to drive a manual transmission off-road with clutch work to keep from burning it to bad. said he learned alot from it

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I did one in Indiana this past October. It is geared toward beginners to off-roading, and to show you what your Jeep is capable of. A little bit of instruction and a pretty full day of off-roading. I really enjoyed it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
While I’ve been out on a handful of trails, I know I have a lot to learn… plus it gets me out to Moab and I can circle back through the San Juan’s

Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
A buddy and I just signed up for the one in Vermont and are looking forward to it. We are both new to off-roading and our Jeeps. I went to Moab over the summer but didn't do anything crazy for fear of not knowing what I was doing.
I'm interested in everyones feedback to this topic. Thanks in advance!

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
Having never been off road what so ever in a motorized vehicle and actually I hadn't been in a jeep until I had received mine from ordering it, this class was well worth my time. I did it last year at Windrock park TN. This class is also one of the most expensive things you can do with your Jeep as it will open a whole world to you. My Jeep was 3000 miles old when I did this. Well worth the time, they expect you to know nothing but there also are other benefits. I felt comfortable with the experience as a total n00b and really leaned a lot enough that I did one of the Jamborees this past October and joined a local club.
Each day is identical to the first and so its only valuable as a knowledge refresher. With the group I went with, we split in two. an initial 30 minute lecture and then a few hours on a trail, the other group did some rock and hill work. Came back for lunch and we switched. During lunch there was a demonstration on winching and some of the vendors spoke as well.
Would I do it again, for sure it was well worth my time. Had I been totally experienced with off roading then no really it would have been too slow for that. Every obstacle is guided, some that didn't need to be but again its pure learning from nothing.
It is the same group that does the Jamboree's and personally I enjoyed them enough that I am registered for Jamborees in 22.
I was really impressed at how this all works and learning what your Jeep can do.

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
Wait... what is this and how do I sign up?

Sponsored

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I'm seriously considering the one in Llano, Texas. Just trying to decide on the day and if it's worth staying the night. I think it would be a great time and would learn a lot too.

RDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD; '19 E450 Wagon; '21 R1250RS
Build Thread
Link
I coming from motorcycle off-roading where I found the schools I took were very beneficial. If anything, seeing someone do something gives you faith it can be done so you have a little more confidence and know-how when you try it.

I signed up for the one-day event at Uharrie in April. I look forward to it!

(now, I hope my ordered Jeep shows up by then). :LOL:

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Two things I did not mention in my previous post. I did find it worth the money. The spots filled up quickly, so don't think about it too long. The day I received the email about it, the Friday and Saturday ones had already filled up.

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
I can see this being a great experience for folks new to off-roading. However I’ve been off-roading for years so I would suggest, if you know someone who has a lot of experience, to go on a small trip with a friend or a few friends. Large groups on trails in Moab ruin the experience in my opinion. Part of the fun of adventuring is learning to drive the Jeep on different terrain, and for me it’s learning all the tech involved. I’m used to driving a simple older Jeep TJ that I would say is a completely different Jeep experience from the JL off-roading experience!
Sponsored