First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It’s a great part of the state, tons of BnBs/vacation rentals in the Fredericksburg area. Nice little town with lots of shops and several wineries, distilleries and breweries in the area. It’s an easy day trip for me. I’d like to visit this granite course next time it’s open.
Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
That's AWESOME, I had no idea about this or I'd definitely have registered. Doesn't look like there are anymore in Texas for a while, I'll have to keep an eye out for future ones.
I believe there was a pretty substantial waiting list.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I believe there was a pretty substantial waiting list.
I can imagine, doesn't seem like a massive group, and getting to wheel on a beautiful place that's restricted to events like that only... I'm going to be spamming refresh on the signup page when they start opening these up next year!

OP
OP
MRH512

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So that sound was the bottom scraping some?
Yep. But only scraped where it was meant to be scraped, thanks to a great spotter (the spotter in the creek was a volunteer from the local club that helps maintain the trails there).

OP
OP
MRH512

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I just looked at your Showcase. Nice Jeep. I thought about that color but went with my Billet Silver.

Stock and only hit few bottoms not bad at all.

I went with the Hardtop for my Rubicon this time. My Sahara has the Sky One Top and it's great but wanted the total openness that the hardtop gives.

My Top-Pro lift is here and just about to put it together. My Full-length SpiderWebShade is in and my SpiderWebShade seatbelt silencers are in too.

Since I retired early the misses keep giving Honey-do things. :swear:
Thanks! I went back n' forth between the Billet and the Granite. My wife wanted me to get Black, but I like the contrast and utilitarian look the contrast between black and silver makes. So, I went with Granite to get it a little closer to black for the misses...

The One-Touch has been amazing so far. Find myself opening it so much more often than I would with a hard top.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I went back n' forth between the Billet and the Granite. My wife wanted me to get Black, but I like the contrast and utilitarian look the contrast between black and silver makes. So, I went with Granite to get it a little closer to black for the misses...

The One-Touch has been amazing so far. Find myself opening it so much more often than I would with a hard top.
I found time this morning to put the Top- Pro Lift together. Not hard just more parts. It's ready to go now.

I was going with the RollnJack which had fewer parts but they were sold out by the time I pulled the trigger.

Wouldn't restock until sometime in June. Didn't want to wait that long so went with the Top-Pro lift.

I will remove the top and store it. No hurry to put it back on for now. Jeep stays in the garage.

Come Mid-summer if I have to travel very far I can put the top back on. AC !!! :rock::jk:

Last edited:

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I attended the Jeep Academy Adventure in Wickenburg, AZ late March this year. It was one of the very few that had open spots because most of the Academy events are already sold out.

The event is primarily designed for new Jeep owners and off-road beginners but in some way, it can be also interesting for advanced and experienced Jeep drivers. Don't expect a challenging trial experience, it's all basic and slow-paced for beginners. FYI, the Jamboree events, which are hold by the same crew, are more designed for experienced Jeepsters.

One thing I did not like about the event, that the groups were mixed with Wranglers and other Jeep models such as the Cherokee and Renegate (although with trail rating only). Those non-Wrangler vehicles were causing a lot of stops and slow-downs as it took them way longer to pass obstacles. Well, it came to a point when I almost fell asleep and some Wranglers owners asked to be switched to a separate group.

However, cool is that they have giveaways for every attendee, such as a special "Jeep Badge of Honor" black with bronze-printed plate (usually black silver-printed), exclusive Jeep swag such as Academy caps, and a drivers handbook for off-road. These giveaways were for me was one of the reasons why I took the course. Oh yes, it's also a great opportunity for networking with other attendees and the Academy crew.

All in all, it is a good event and the $199 fee for two is reasonable.

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg
I tried to get into this event and am on the waitlist for a couple others and they are 12-hours away minimum. I do hope some people drop and I can go. Looks like a great time.

OP
OP
MRH512

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to get into this event and am on the waitlist for a couple others and they are 12-hours away minimum. I do hope some people drop and I can go. Looks like a great time.
It was a great time indeed. Especially with the added perks of getting on the Platinum list for future Jamborees and getting to wheel on some beautiful land that doesn't seem to be open to the public.

Sponsored

JAustin83

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler Rubicon 392
Occupation
Lead iOS Engineer and Engineering Manager
great pics. It was a great experience. I was out there with my son in my Gladiator Launch Edition (the one with the xplorer bed rack in your photos).

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I was out there with my son in my Gladiator Launch Edition (the one with the xplorer bed rack in your photos).
I'm registered for a Thursday Academy in October, so originally thought I'd be by myself. I got to looking at the last few years' school calendars, and they normally have a Thursday/Friday off in mid-October for conferences. Their calendar for 2021-2022 isn't out yet, but that's about the time for the Academy I'm signed up for, so I added one of my daughters as a passenger. Hopefully luck will be on our side and it works out where she'll be out of school and can go along.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
These events are great intakes for building brand loyalty, and assuring Jeeps stay " Best in Show" as more and more competition shows up. Hopefully, Stellantis will see the benefits, and have 4x the opportunities, if demand is so high.
Sponsored