Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I heard that the house in the middle is for rent as an AirBnB type property, not sure what that allows you as far as the rest of the property.
https://evolve.com/vacation-rentals/us/tx/llano/440955

The pond in front of the house looks ridiculous.

I know Access Fund does climbing events there but they ban off-roading during those. Not sure they would allow it during a rental either.

Might have to do this with some friends next year.
Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You signed up when and it was 199 and passenger free. That was one day ride? Did you camp out?
I got an email from Jeep a couple of months ago, and Saturday was already completely booked by the time I looked.

They weren't allowing people to stay at the ranch, maybe you can for Jamboree. You could camp at Oxford campground or Enchanted Rock (if you can get a reservation). We just came back from a week camping in New Mexico, so we got a hotel. Oxford is a pretty chill place to stay.

The guides said Llano is one of the most difficult Jamboree events, but they toned it down a lot for Adventure Academy (even still, lot of scraping going on, even the lifted guys with 37's).

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I got an email from Jeep a couple of months ago, and Saturday was already completely booked by the time I looked.

They weren't allowing people to stay at the ranch, maybe you can for Jamboree. You could camp at Oxford campground or Enchanted Rock (if you can get a reservation). We just came back from a week camping in New Mexico, so we got a hotel. Oxford is a pretty chill place to stay.

The guides said Llano is one of the most difficult Jamboree events, but they toned it down a lot for Adventure Academy (even still, lot of scraping going on, even the lifted guys with 37's).
Wow, I still need to get some trails under my belt. Just went a few off-road trails with my Sahara. I tried the Sahara to see if I would like a Jeep. Now I have a Jeep bug hence the New Rubicon.

Not sure I would fall under the Jeepers who want to beat the underside of the Jeep up just for fun. lol, I guess I need all the skids installed to be better with the idea of that.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
https://evolve.com/vacation-rentals/us/tx/llano/440955

The pond in front of the house looks ridiculous.

I know Access Fund does climbing events there but they ban off-roading during those. Not sure they would allow it during a rental either.

Might have to do this with some friends next year.
Wow just checked the Link out. Very nice. 565 a night not bad. We just paid 290 a night for the Majestic Oak Tree House at Savvanh Medows. Big Treehouse 30ft up Giant Oak.

Thanks for all the info !!! :like:

Sponsored

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Glad you liked the event, we are one of the sponsors along with Bestop. You should register for the Jamboree out at the same spot the hard obstacles have bypasses and the trail guides are great, its another opportunity to learn and build your confidence with your Jeep.
The problem is that almost all Jamborees are sold out. And some even have a crazy long waitlist, e.g. over 400 entries "waiting" for the Rubicon Jamboree.

And that's the other thing. When you know the interest is soo huge, why not offering/planning with two or more Jamborees over the course of a week or so. - For example, the Rubicon Jamboree was sold out within 9 minutes after the entires opened in December last year.

OP
OP
MRH512

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is that almost all Jamborees are sold out. And some even have a crazy long waitlist, e.g. over 400 entries "waiting" for the Rubicon Jamboree.

And that's the other thing. When you know the interest is soo huge, why not offering/planning with two or more Jamborees over the course of a week or so. - For example, the Rubicon Jamboree was sold out within 9 minutes after the entires opened in December last year.
If you can attend a Jeep Adventure Academy event, you'll be put on Jeep's "Platinum List" for Jamboree events. They told us we'll now get a chance to book Jamboree events a week before the general public.

That was a nice surprises that definitely helped to make the $200 worth it.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure I would fall under the Jeepers who want to beat the underside of the Jeep up just for fun. lol, I guess I need all the skids installed to be better with the idea of that.
You just need the factory ones. That's what they are there for, to skid on the rocks. Nail them with some paint afterward. The guides said a Sport on a mild lift with 33's would do Jamboree at Llano fine.

Most of my hits were on the gas tank skid but I did bonehead up and scrape my bumper a little coming off of an obstacle too fast.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It's probably hard to scale something like this up. You likely need permits and then you have to arrange local guides, catering, all that rubbish. If the academy stuff goes great, maybe Stellantis will pony up some sponsorship bucks to help them grow it out more.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Great pictures. I really miss wheeling in that area. There used to be a portion of the river near Kingsland that was open to wheel back in the 90s when I had my 1st Jeep.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You just need the factory ones. That's what they are there for, to skid on the rocks. Nail them with some paint afterward. The guides said a Sport on a mild lift with 33's would do Jamboree at Llano fine.

Most of my hits were on the gas tank skid but I did bonehead up and scrape my bumper a little coming off of an obstacle too fast.
I gotcha !!! Good to know.

OP
OP
MRH512

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase

They told us the same thing. They said a stock Rubicon could do pretty much anything at the Jamboree and that every obstacle that you might not be comfortable with, regardless of stock vs. modded will have a bypass.

I scraped my front license plate and skid plate on the obstacle coming out of the creek but, hey... battle scars!

Attachments

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They told us the same thing. They said a stock Rubicon could do pretty much anything at the Jamboree and that every obstacle that you might not be comfortable with, regardless of stock vs. modded will have a bypass.

I scraped my front license plate and skid plate on the obstacle coming out of the creek but, hey... battle scars!
So that sound was the bottom scraping some?

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

I just looked at your Showcase. Nice Jeep. I thought about that color but went with my Billet Silver.

Stock and only hit few bottoms not bad at all.

I went with the Hardtop for my Rubicon this time. My Sahara has the Sky One Top and it's great but wanted the total openness that the hardtop gives.

My Top-Pro lift is here and just about to put it together. My Full-length SpiderWebShade is in and my SpiderWebShade seatbelt silencers are in too.

Since I retired early the misses keep giving Honey-do things. :swear:

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It's probably hard to scale something like this up. You likely need permits and then you have to arrange local guides, catering, all that rubbish. If the academy stuff goes great, maybe Stellantis will pony up some sponsorship bucks to help them grow it out more.
No, that's not an argument because they are having historical data of the past years.

And the numbers are clear. For example, the demand for the 2021 Rubicon Jamboree was four times (!!) bigger than the number of available spots.
Sponsored