MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Thursday session yesterday at Inks Ranch in Llano, TX and wanted to share some pics.

This place was ridiculously beautiful with some amazing trails.

The day is definitely more geared towards newbies such as myself, but all the guides are Jeep employees who work alongside the engineers to test (break) Jeeps. They were excellent guides and fun to hang out with.

It's put on by the same folks who do the 3-day Jeep Jamboree events and a perk is that, if you attend a Jeep Academy, you're put on the Jeep Jamboree Platinum list and get notified of Jamboree events and have chance to book one
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2195
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2197
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2198
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2199
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2202
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2206
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2207
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2210
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2224
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2231
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2233
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2237
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2246
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2248
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2252
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2254
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2256
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2259
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2267
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2273
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2275
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2276
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2278
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2282
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2284
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2286
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2289
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2290
week prior to the general public.
Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
That's AWESOME, I had no idea about this or I'd definitely have registered. Doesn't look like there are anymore in Texas for a while, I'll have to keep an eye out for future ones.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Thursday session yesterday at Inks Ranch in Llano, TX and wanted to share some pics.

This place was ridiculously beautiful with some amazing trails.

The day is definitely more geared towards newbies such as myself, but all the guides are Jeep employees who work alongside the engineers to test (break) Jeeps. They were excellent guides and fun to hang out with.

It's put on by the same folks who do the 3-day Jeep Jamboree events and a perk is that, if you attend a Jeep Academy, you're put on the Jeep Jamboree Platinum list and get notified of Jamboree events and have chance to book one
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Adventure Academy Austin/San Antonio Event at Inks Ranch IMG_2290
week prior to the general public.
Hello, is this open for Jeeps to use full time, or was it just this event? I looked online and it's more hunting place but said closed permanently.

jenzeee

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I attended the Jeep Academy Adventure in Wickenburg, AZ late March this year. It was one of the very few that had open spots because most of the Academy events are already sold out.

The event is primarily designed for new Jeep owners and off-road beginners but in some way, it can be also interesting for advanced and experienced Jeep drivers. Don't expect a challenging trial experience, it's all basic and slow-paced for beginners. FYI, the Jamboree events, which are hold by the same crew, are more designed for experienced Jeepsters.

One thing I did not like about the event, that the groups were mixed with Wranglers and other Jeep models such as the Cherokee and Renegate (although with trail rating only). Those non-Wrangler vehicles were causing a lot of stops and slow-downs as it took them way longer to pass obstacles. Well, it came to a point when I almost fell asleep and some Wranglers owners asked to be switched to a separate group.

However, cool is that they have giveaways for every attendee, such as a special "Jeep Badge of Honor" black with bronze-printed plate (usually black silver-printed), exclusive Jeep swag such as Academy caps, and a drivers handbook for off-road. These giveaways were for me was one of the reasons why I took the course. Oh yes, it's also a great opportunity for networking with other attendees and the Academy crew.

All in all, it is a good event and the $199 fee for two is reasonable.

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Glad you liked the event, we are one of the sponsors along with Bestop. You should register for the Jamboree out at the same spot the hard obstacles have bypasses and the trail guides are great, its another opportunity to learn and build your confidence with your Jeep.

Sponsored

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Hello, is this open for Jeeps to use full time, or was it just this event? I looked online and it's more hunting place but said closed permanently.
Just for the event, the land is adjacent to Enchanted Rock and this portion is privately owned. There is a local Jeep club that might access outside of the Jamboree events.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
We went Friday, absolute blast, and not too much damage. Casey (spelling?) took my wife and I around in the Gladiator Mojave afterward and that took a few years off my life. Amazing what that truck can do. I hope they keep doing them, it was a really well done event.

@Armorlite Kail, they said you guys had some kind of discount for attendees but I forgot to ask before we left. Also, do you have some magic thing that will talk my wife into letting me buy it? :)

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
We went Friday, absolute blast, and not too much damage. Casey (spelling?) took my wife and I around in the Gladiator Mojave afterward and that took a few years off my life. Amazing what that truck can do. I hope they keep doing them, it was a really well done event.

@Armorlite Kail, they said you guys had some kind of discount for attendees but I forgot to ask before we left. Also, do you have some magic thing that will talk my wife into letting me buy it? :)
Yeah I drove that Mojave in the California Desert since I HAD to test drive it after doing the flooring install. It was cool, the shock valving for high speed offroad was exceptional for a factory platform.

As far as magic.. you can try this.
1. Match the cost with a gift card to her favorite store.
2. Coffee spill? open drain plugs and flush out with 1 bottle of water. Done.
3. Will keep your Jeep smelling better for years to come.
4. Increases value.
5. Without the needs for additional slush mats our floor promotes better Feng Shui
6. Did I mention how easy it is to clean?

We do but to help show the effectiveness of our forum sponsorship use promo code jlwranglerforums10 for the same 10%

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I drove that Mojave in the California Desert since I HAD to test drive it after doing the flooring install. It was cool, the shock valving for high speed offroad was exceptional for a factory platform.

As far as magic.. you can try this.
1. Match the cost with a gift card to her favorite store.
2. Coffee spill? open drain plugs and flush out with 1 bottle of water. Done.
3. Will keep your Jeep smelling better for years to come.
4. Increases value.
5. Without the needs for additional slush mats our floor promotes better Feng Shui
6. Did I mention how easy it is to clean?

We do but to help show the effectiveness of our forum sponsorship use promo code jlwranglerforums10 for the same 10%
Hello, so when will the next Event be and what is the normal cost? Coming from my Sahara to my New Rubicon I need to get used to it beforehand. I still fall under Newbie really.

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Hello, so when will the next Event be and what is the normal cost? Coming from my Sahara to my New Rubicon I need to get used to it beforehand. I still fall under Newbie really.
https://jeepjamboreeusa.com/tripsregister/

The next Llano one will be next year, there is one in Amarillo later this month.

Don't hesitate to attend a Jamboree. My first time rock crawling was at a Jamboree event. If you can follow a spotters instructions they will tell you if your jeep setup is capable of an obstacle. I watched a stock JLUR with 5 people and 2 dogs do just about every obstacle I did with full long arm suspension and 37's

The Academy gave you the basics, and if you read the book they gave you I see no reason you couldn't attend and have a blast.

The cost is between 300-400 per adult and about $125 per child depending on location, and that is for 2 full days on the trail plus meals. Considering the support you get between the guides and spotters, plus the help provided if you have a mechanical issue. It really is a great way to go.

Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
https://jeepadventureacademy.com/

I'd guess you are going to have to wait for next year, they already did Jeep Jamboree too. It was $199 and included a passenger free.

Man, that ranch was absolutely beautiful, lucky lucky people that own it.

OP
OP
MRH512

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase

I'd guess you are going to have to wait for next year, they already did Jeep Jamboree too. It was $199 and included a passenger free.

According to our guides, it's 3,000 acres. Just overwhelmingly beautiful!

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman

According to our guides, it's 3,000 acres. Just overwhelmingly beautiful!
I heard that the house in the middle is for rent as an AirBnB type property, not sure what that allows you as far as the rest of the property.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
https://jeepjamboreeusa.com/tripsregister/

The next Llano one will be next year, there is one in Amarillo later this month.

Don't hesitate to attend a Jamboree. My first time rock crawling was at a Jamboree event. If you can follow a spotters instructions they will tell you if your jeep setup is capable of an obstacle. I watched a stock JLUR with 5 people and 2 dogs do just about every obstacle I did with full long arm suspension and 37's

The Academy gave you the basics, and if you read the book they gave you I see no reason you couldn't attend and have a blast.

The cost is between 300-400 per adult and about $125 per child depending on location, and that is for 2 full days on the trail plus meals. Considering the support you get between the guides and spotters, plus the help provided if you have a mechanical issue. It really is a great way to go.
Thanks, I have a Mopar 2.0 lift with Fox Shocks and Toyo Open Country 35's set up on the new 2021 Rubicon. Would think it will do most trails no problem. Now the Real Rubicon 22 mile trail in the Sierra Nevada would need all skid plates installed according to the Barlow Adventure group. That is the later Bucket list item.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

You signed up when and it was 199 and passenger free. That was one day ride? Did you camp out?
Sponsored