Sponsored

Jeep Accident !! Safety Features did work and I am alive, Now What ?

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My dealership here in Tampa, FL (Jerry Ulm) has done a few of these would-be-totaled-if-it-was-not-for-supply-shortages. I saw one in the shop, they unbolt the frame and toss a new one in. Simple as that. The tech said things are so costly with auto prices it's cheaper to do a frame off swap now. Not sure how I'd feel about that personally. Plus the engine was just sitting on a tire...

tempImageoOUbAf.png
Bruh. LOL...that engine on the tire.... no words...

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
2019 with 43k miles, you had to have put something in wrong.
Never heard of Vroom...pretty interesting.

My 2018 Sport JLU w/50k miles...
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Accident !!  Safety Features did work and I am alive, Now What ? vroom

For this price, miteaswell order new imo.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Sitting an engine on a tire is more common than you think. I've done it a few times and it works quite well. The engine hoist probably had to be used for another job.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Sitting an engine on a tire is more common than you think. I've done it a few times and it works quite well. The engine hoist probably had to be used for another job.
Yeah because a multi-million dollar shop has no engine stands... Got it. Sounds like the same clowns that break gaskets then get surprised gaskets are broken sitting on a tire.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
lol...it was just a bit shocking to see! But whatever works, works :)

Deleted member 59498

lol...it was just a bit shocking to see! But whatever works, works :)
Yeah from all the parts laying around them putting a new engine on a tire is well ridiculous. I would run away! No engine stands? Seriously do they just put your engine to be rebuilt on the concrete and go at it? LOL That image was sad thanks for sharing!

An engine stand is like 400 bucks for a good one.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah from all the parts laying around them putting a new engine on a tire is well ridiculous. I would run away! No engine stands? Seriously do they just put your engine to be rebuilt on the concrete and go at it? LOL That image was sad thanks for sharing!
LOL!!!!!! Yea...all those parts lying around gave me anxiety. I just hope they have an excellent organization system lol.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Gaskets broken by sitting an engine on a tire? I don’t even know where to take the conversation from there.

No one works on an engine sitting on a tire. It’s temporary, the tire keeps it from hitting the ground or getting knocked over.

But, back On topic. I wouldn't want a frame replaced on a new vehicle. Think about how many hundreds of nuts, bolts, connectors etc have to be loosened and tightened, connected and reconnected.

Deleted member 59498

Gaskets broken by sitting an engine on a tire? I don’t even know where to take the conversation from there.

No one works on an engine sitting on a tire. It’s temporary, the tire keeps it from hitting the ground or getting knocked over.

But, back On topic. I wouldn't want a frame replaced on a new vehicle. Think about how many hundreds of nuts, bolts, connectors etc have to be loosened and tightened, connected and reconnected.

Take the converstation to if you had a shop and could not afford an engine mount then you should not have a shop. I don't want my engine sitting on a tire with all the underbelly weight on a tire. Not complicated.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
LOL!!!!!! Yea...all those parts lying around gave me anxiety. I just hope they have an excellent organization system lol.
Exactly why I wouldn’t want a frame replaced. The engine on the tire is nothing compared to the mess on the floor of the shop. That mess is somehow going back on the new frame.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Hit up your favorite personal injury attorney for all the neck and back pain you have from this accident
I would not recommend doing that especially if one is embellishing a claim. The insurance companies keep track of those and share that information. If you ever have a major claim, it will make it more difficult to win a real personally injury claim. So it you cry wolf and get a $5-10k settlement, if a real wolf shows up the insurance company will fight tooth and nail.
Sponsored