Sponsored

Jeep Accessories - Any that are NOT made in China?

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
A product and a thought.

The product's inventor and seller I know is a US citizen and I'll bet his products are produced domestically; I'd guess (but am not certain, vis a vis 3D printer.)

https://www.ajtdesign-llc.com/online-store/Wrangler-JL-Gladiator-JT-c34349008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A thought...months upon months went by until Bolt introduced its hood lock for the JL.

I don't blame Bolt. I am sure FCA was stringing them along in terms of what features their (Bolt) hood lock would have and what features the one Bolt made for FCA under the MOPAR label would have.

It went on for what seemed like ages. No exaggeration, I think Quadratec updated the anticipated date 20 times.....

as the date would approach, in the 11th hour, it got updated to some future date. Of course this in no way speaks negatively of Quadratec. It was there loss too; they want to move product.

In the meantime, Chinese actors got their poop together and sold comparable ones on sights like ebay.

I don't like patent infrigement, but I don't like how Bolt and FCA could not come to a meeting of the minds, and strongly suspect that it was FCA strong arming Bolt.
Sponsored

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
I'm still waiting for my ordered JLUSA to be built, but I've already been ordering accessories. I've been pretty shocked at how many Jeep accessories seem to be made in China - this includes antennas, grab handles, mirrors, mesh screens, cargo liners, etc., etc. So far the only thing that I've bought that was Made in USA were my Topsy Products hoist brackets. Now don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily have an issue with Made in China products, but it just seems very ironic to me that such an American icon as a Jeep Wrangler wouldn't have more accessories that were made here. Perhaps since my accessories are more cosmetic in nature these products may have all been moved overseas for manufacture? I'm guessing that the real wheelin' hardware is more likely to be made in the US since they are heavy to ship?
My most recent purchase, a JTops sunshade. Made in the US with US materials. This thing is great. The more money we spend in America, on TRUE American made items, stays in America. I had bought OCD dividers for console. American company, 100% sure made in America. 67 Designs is the best phone holder around, IMHO and I tried a bunch of them. As they say, Proudly made in the U.S.A. Ya just gotta look. Yes, you’re probably gonna spend a bit extra, but the job you save may be your own. Or it may be mine, or somebody else on this forum.
That’s just my $.02