Sponsored

Jeep Accessories - Any that are NOT made in China?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Paying slave wages to abused workers is the primary problem, not the quality of their plastic junk.
I’m afraid that I will need to disagree.

the “primary problem” is me, and you, and anyone else who buys some Chinese knockoff on Amazon for $25 Instead of the made in America one direct from the US business making and selling it.

and, the problem is further compounded when me, and you, and everyone else decides to buy a Chinese made widget from American company 1 verses a US made widget from American company 2 so that we can “save” $20.

we all work hard for our money. That’s true. But, unless or until we all vote with our wallet for our fellow citizens and against knockoffs and cheap imports, it will only get worse.

Do I always buy American? Heck no, it’s virtually impossible, if not totally impossible. But I did just buy a new winter hat today. I had a choice to make...... I specifically hunted for, and found, one made in America. There was a slew of hats made in Asia for 20%-50% less. But I wanted to vote with my wallet.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I buy whatever I like. That guy in China needs to feed his family every bit as much as anyone in this country. He has no say so in what his government does just like you don’t. The difference is that here people still like to think that they do and that illusion makes them feel better than someone who lives somewhere else. Neither of you had any control over where you were born.

I buy Chinese stuff all the time. I own an “American” Jeep that has plenty of parts or components of parts that are made in China and elsewhere outside of the United States. The economy is now global whether some folks hate that or choose not to acknowledge it or not.

Right now I’m wearing a pair of $24 socks that are hand made from virgin merino wool made right here in the United States. How many of you are doing that or would do that? No? You’re probably wearing socks that are $15 for 6 pairs. Made in Guatemala or Vietnam or Bangladesh - or China. Do you care? I don’t. Then why are you concerned where anyone buys their Jeep gear from?

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I buy whatever I like. That guy in China needs to feed his family every bit as much as anyone in this country. He has no say so in what his government does just like you don’t. The difference is that here people still like to think that they do and that illusion makes them feel better than someone who lives somewhere else. Neither of you had any control over where you were born.

I buy Chinese stuff all the time. I own an “American” Jeep that has plenty of parts or components of parts that are made in China and elsewhere outside of the United States. The economy is now global whether some folks hate that or choose not to acknowledge it or not.

Right now I’m wearing a pair of $24 socks that are hand made from virgin merino wool made right here in the United States. How many of you are doing that or would do that? No? You’re probably wearing socks that are $15 for 6 pairs. Made in Guatemala or Vietnam or Bangladesh - or China. Do you care? I don’t. Then why are you concerned where anyone buys their Jeep gear from?
If you're that much of a saint, why do you share your loving kindness and social contribution with only one country? Why not live in other countries too?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If you're that much of a saint, why do you share your loving kindness and social contribution with only one country? Why not live in other countries too?
Uh, thanks for the compliment? And I have lived abroad. Also done humanitarian volunteer work in other countries. Whatever difference that makes.

I’m a little confused by what you seemed to have taken away from my post, but thanks so much for your concern, mate! :like:

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Really piss poor attitude and exactly what is wrong with this country.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
@Chocolate Thunder may not be a saint, but he's from Texas so....

There's a helluva lot wrong in this country right now. Worry about how you vote as much as you worry about where to shop. If you want more USA-made products, make sure you don't support a bunch of "tax the rich business owners" types. Otherwise be prepared for US business to close or move elsewhere.

God bless all of you - stay FREE. III%

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Uh, thanks for the compliment? And I have lived abroad. Also done humanitarian volunteer work in other countries. Whatever difference that makes.

I’m a little confused by what you seemed to have taken away from my post, but thanks so much for your concern, mate! :like:
Let me tell you what's wrong with this country, the big riches manipulate think you have the responsibility to "buy American" from your hard earn paycheck, while they can pocket all the profits from make products oversea, enjoy their private island, yacht, etc.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired

the “primary problem” is me, and you, and anyone else who buys some Chinese knockoff on Amazon for $25 Instead of the made in America one direct from the US business making and selling it.

and, the problem is further compounded when me, and you, and everyone else decides to buy a Chinese made widget from American company 1 verses a US made widget from American company 2 so that we can “save” $20.

we all work hard for our money. That’s true. But, unless or until we all vote with our wallet for our fellow citizens and against knockoffs and cheap imports, it will only get worse.

Do I always buy American? Heck no, it’s virtually impossible, if not totally impossible. But I did just buy a new winter hat today. I had a choice to make...... I specifically hunted for, and found, one made in America. There was a slew of hats made in Asia for 20%-50% less. But I wanted to vote with my wallet.
I notice lately that when you order something online that is listed as made in USA, when it arrives it is not. It is made in China. Not good.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
i try to buy American whenever possible, though it has became very hard to do (try to buy American made TV for example). As has been stated above, if people do not buy American made products, those product become ever harder to find-a self fulfilling prophecy if you will. Frankly, I’m sick and tired of Chinese made junk flooding our country. Look at the problems with toxins in Pet food, look at the problems with medications(in the past year two different prescription medications i take were “recalled” because the were contaminated with carcinogens! These were generics(what the insurance requires). Two guesses where these quality medications were made, and the firstone doesn’t count.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I notice lately that when you order something online that is listed as made in USA, when it arrives it is not. It is made in China. Not good.
Should be reported to the US commerce department.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
i try to buy American whenever possible, though it has became very hard to do (try to buy American made TV for example). As has been stated above, if people do not buy American made products, those product become ever harder to find-a self fulfilling prophecy if you will. Frankly, I’m sick and tired of Chinese made junk flooding our country. Look at the problems with toxins in Pet food, look at the problems with medications(in the past year two different prescription medications i take were “recalled” because the were contaminated with carcinogens! These were generics(what the insurance requires). Two guesses where these quality medications were made, and the firstone doesn’t count.
Exactly. The damage has been done. We have lost critical manufacturing capabilities in this country because of it. We saw it during the pandemic how exposed we really are.

So for people to openly state "I don't give a shit and buy China" they are part of the problem. No different then those politicians who have family who has lined their pockets on kick backs from China.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I would be supportive of federal legislation that would require all sellers of goods over the internet (or print catalogs) to be required to list the country of origin/“made in” location. If I can pick a product up on the shelf and read it before buying In a store, I should have the same ability to read before buying online.

once the Nov elections are settled, I will be writing my congressional delegation.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR

Classic supply and demand. When the people vote with their wallet companies listen but the majority vote for the cheaper (usually but not always) overseas option. We as a whole brought this on ourselves. I purchased Chinese wheels and have felt guilty ever since. Live and learn. I agree that overseas families need jobs as well but if I have to choose between them or my neighbor my choice is simple. Family first :flag:.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I certainly understand that we are a global community but I try to prioritize buying American when possible. My first loyalty is to THIS country. If I help an American get rich...they will pay taxes in this country. A rich China businessman is not paying taxes here or creating jobs here. Like minuteman, family first!
Sponsored