www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, I have a 2021 Jeep 4xe my wife the kids and I were on a road trip and our
Jeep shut off while doing about 70mph shortly after steering locked and didnā€™t have brakes. Wondering if anyone know what the fix is for this so it doesnā€™t ever happen again and we can be confident it wonā€™t. We love this Jeep and it would be almost impossible to replace but if thereā€™s not a legit fix for
This I donā€™t see how I can have my loved ones drive it and not be skeptical about its reliability
Thanks
Hi Jason, how many miles are your Jeep? Did you purchase it new? Wondering if any lemon laws might apply - or if it's beyond that point. I'm with others: I don't think I'd ever get behind the wheel of this thing again if it happened to me. Please do keep the collective updated with what you learn. Good luck.

Reactions: OBD
OP
OP

Jb4xe

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon 4xe
Hi Jason, how many miles are your Jeep? Did you purchase it new? Wondering if any lemon laws might apply - or if it's beyond that point. I'm with others: I don't think I'd ever get behind the wheel of this thing again if it happened to me. Please do keep the collective updated with what you learn. Good luck.
Hello we bought it new with no miles and this happened at about 5200 miles

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates as to when the dealer is saying they will be able to get to it...?

Did they give you a loaner?

OP
OP

Jb4xe

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon 4xe
Any updates as to when the dealer is saying they will be able to get to it...?

Did they give you a loaner?
The dealer did a software updated. when I asked if that would fix the problem they couldnā€™t say if it would for sure

OP
OP

Jb4xe

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon 4xe
Currently working with Jeep on this issue very good people to deal with so far

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Currently working with Jeep on this issue very good people to deal with so far
Wishing you the best w this, hope they can get it figured out so you won't have lingering worries. You deserve a vehicle that you can drive without putting you and others in harm's way.

Smendy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe 2022
Any update on this? Curious what the issue was.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jb4xe

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon 4xe
Any update on this? Curious what the issue was.
Trading it in was the only fix. Jeep basically called me a liar. My wife has had about 4 different rigs the jeep was actually kind of a down grade from what she had and she loved the jeep it was by far her favorite! Loved being part of the jeep community
But it wasnā€™t safe and didnā€™t want our kids in it. When I spoke with the guy from
Jeep he made it seem like it wasnā€™t a big
Deal and compared his personal
Experience with car problems to mine to make it seem like this is just a normal thing lol and thatā€™s just the way cars are. Only Lost 8,000$ in trade in lol itā€™s all good

Smendy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe 2022
Trading it in was the only fix. Jeep basically called me a liar. My wife has had about 4 different rigs the jeep was actually kind of a down grade from what she had and she loved the jeep it was by far her favorite! Loved being part of the jeep community
But it wasnā€™t safe and didnā€™t want our kids in it. When I spoke with the guy from
Jeep he made it seem like it wasnā€™t a big
Deal and compared his personal
Experience with car problems to mine to make it seem like this is just a normal thing lol and thatā€™s just the way cars are. Only Lost 8,000$ in trade in lol itā€™s all good
That's brutal. I can't believe it. Sorry to hear.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
So my question is ā€” What did they do with your trade-in with the problem? Could someone actually be out there driving it around that bought it from them or from an auction? Or, is there any rule in place that would prevent this? Anything on Carfax that could indicate the problem? I know I wouldnā€™t want to be the guy that they resold this one to and didnā€™t know!

OP
OP

Jb4xe

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon 4xe
So my question is ā€” What did they do with your trade-in with the problem? Could someone actually be out there driving it around that bought it from them or from an auction? Or, is there any rule in place that would prevent this? Anything on Carfax that could indicate the problem? I know I wouldnā€™t want to be the guy that they resold this one to and didnā€™t know!
I didnā€™t tell the dealer it had a problem. It was serviced at a different dealer than the one who took it on trade in. I tried to get jeep cares to just give me my money back or trade it for a normal gas model. Maybe It could of been it just needed a software update but who knows they couldnā€™t tell me why it happened. Hopefully the new owner has no problems

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I didnā€™t tell the dealer it had a problem. It was serviced at a different dealer than the one who took it on trade in. I tried to get jeep cares to just give me my money back or trade it for a normal gas model. Maybe It could of been it just needed a software update but who knows they couldnā€™t tell me why it happened. Hopefully the new owner has no problems
I guess the new owner could always look at the dealer service record. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Something like, ā€œPerformed software update due to vehicle recklessly and randomly shutting off without brakes on highway.ā€ šŸ˜¬
Sponsored