MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Odd that they would not offer that gate. When I spec'd out one it came to $65k, which seems to be the going rate.
Hinge gate is available in the order guides, it'll pop in soon.
Sponsored

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
No 2 door??? WTF!!!!

Sometimes I feel us 2 door wrangler types are becoming extinct. C'mon Jeep, throwing us the occasional bone now and then wouldn't hurt. Show some luv.

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
No 2 door??? WTF!!!!

Sometimes I feel us 2 door wrangler types are becoming extinct. C'mon Jeep, throwing us the occasional bone now and then wouldn't hurt. Show some luv.
I hear you, especially with both this and the 392 only coming in 4DR, but if you look at the way it was engineered: "A 17.3-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack is now mounted below the modified rear seats, which flip and fold but no longer do so completely flat. While rear cargo and passenger volume are not impacted by the addition of the battery pack, total interior cargo volume is slightly lower. The battery is mounted between the frame rails for added protection, and the whole high-voltage system is completely sealed and waterproof, allowing the Wrangler 4xe to maintain the 30-inch water fording rating just like the traditional gas-only Wranglers. The longer wheelbase is needed to make this system work."

4xe specs.jpg

kgibbs29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Genesis G80 Sport
You can now build a 4xe Wrangler and a Nacho or Hydro Blue colored Wrangler!

https://www.jeep.com/wrangler.html
A day late and a dollar short FCA. My lease ended on 12/31. Because I could not replace with Jeep Wrangler High Altitude 4xE, I just purchased my G80. Since I want an Aprilia RS 660, wife wants a Can-am Spyder and, since our son has basically taken her Tucson, she needs a new daily driver, I am basically waiting until 2022 model year for 4xE. Anyone know if Uconnect 5 will be available for 2022 Wranglers?

Generally I go for all-black everything, but at the 2020 DC Auto Show, I was able to see the Granite Crystal in-person. It looks really good with the blue ascents.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Just for my curiosity. I see that the Right Hand Drive (RHD) Wrangler is also now available for a build on the American site. While I can see the USPS needing one, why would someone in the consumer market need an RHD in North America? Isnt that more UK or a former British Colony from the 19th or 20th centuries? I know RHD is legal on American roads but I have never seen one with the exception of USPS or UPS.

Sponsored

R4D4R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
still no sport option for 4xe. get on it Jeep

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
Just for my curiosity. I see that the Right Hand Drive (RHD) Wrangler is also now available for a build on the American site. While I can see the USPS needing one, why would someone in the consumer market need an RHD in North America? Isnt that more UK or a former British Colony from the 19th or 20th centuries? I know RHD is legal on American roads but I have never seen one with the exception of USPS or UPS.
Some rural deliveries are made by personal vehicles. When I moved to my current place, a guy delivered in his old red Cutlass Sierra station wagon because our post office didn’t have vehicles.

About three years ago, as other post offices got newer vehicles, ours got some of the older fleet.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Some rural deliveries are made by personal vehicles. When I moved to my current place, a guy delivered in his old red Cutlass Sierra station wagon because our post office didn’t have vehicles.

About three years ago, as other post offices got newer vehicles, ours got some of the older fleet.
Where I live, if someone sees me driving a Right Hand Drive Jeep they will probably call the cops as they will think its illegal (Long Island).

I'd definetly like me a RHD as it is unique but then again it is impractical at places like Drive Thru's and Toll Booths.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I don't know why it's there?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A day late and a dollar short FCA. My lease ended on 12/31. Because I could not replace with Jeep Wrangler High Altitude 4xE, I just purchased my G80. Since I want an Aprilia RS 660, wife wants a Can-am Spyder and, since our son has basically taken her Tucson, she needs a new daily driver, I am basically waiting until 2022 model year for 4xE. Anyone know if Uconnect 5 will be available for 2022 Wranglers?

Generally I go for all-black everything, but at the 2020 DC Auto Show, I was able to see the Granite Crystal in-person. It looks really good with the blue ascents.
Possibly, uConnect 5 may be coming. We'll have to see.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I wanted a 4xe waaaaaaay back in 2018 when it was just around the corner. Then I couldn’t hold our and bought a 2020. Glad I did since it’ll be over a year and a half after buying my 2020 before this thing is out at the earliest and then there will be the bugs and aftermarket working with that drivetrain.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
It's not been available on the 4xe Rubi from the very start. Still not listed in the Jan 1 Order guide for either the Rubi or Sahara 4xe, but you can add it on the 392. I was hoping it would be part of the "standard equipment", but it looks like I'll have to go aftermarket.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@Rubicon_20 @basinite

FCA said they were gonna see how 4xe sales go, and they didn't rule out the possibility of getting the system to work in 2-door.

I really hope they do because I'd love to buy one. But then another part of my brain says that full electric probably isn't that far around the bend. But then again, "not that far" could mean 5-10 years, and that is kinda far lol

I think I'll just stop thinking about it so much. ha

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
@Rubicon_20 @basinite

FCA said they were gonna see how 4xe sales go, and they didn't rule out the possibility of getting the system to work in 2-door.

I really hope they do because I'd love to buy one. But then another part of my brain says that full electric probably isn't that far around the bend. But then again, "not that far" could mean 5-10 years, and that is kinda far lol

I think I'll just stop thinking about it so much. ha
LOL well they will need to get some more mileage out of the electric only feature before going full electric. Also, my quote was from an FCA engineer I spoke to, but maybe he was told to say those things at the time.

I'd like to see more 2 door variants of the new trims/models
Sponsored