Jeep 4xe gas mileage

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I test drove a Wrangler 4Xe for a day, I ignored the dash read out because it is not relevant, the actual gas mileage means nothing. Now miles driven on the battery vs engine are relevant. If you are buying for fuel economy you will be disappointed.
Are you spending significantly less on gasoline per week/month. Are your stops at the gas station less frequent?
Sponsored

halsjeep

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'd like to hear what others are getting. I'm seriously considering a 4xe and my JL is only 6mths old. However, I want to hear more about what kind of gas mileage people are getting.
So here are my thoughts on the 4xe. First I love the power/instant torque. The biggest question you need to ask yourself is what kind of driving you are going to do. If you are driving around on short commutes and can charge at least once a day you may never burn any gas. My house is 23 miles from work. I can't charge at home yet (live in a condo) but I am able to charge at my office. Note it takes several hours to charge on a standard outlet (about 16 hours). I had a 240 volt outlet installed at my office and use a level 2 charger which takes about 2.5 hours . With that said I can drive all the way on hybrid. If you can keep it charged you will never burn much gas. I hear of people going 700+ miles on a single tank. I am only at about 400-500 range per tank. It says I am averaging about 53 mpg when driving home. My overall average with road trips is 28-30 mpg. Still not bad. If you try to charge the battery with E-Save mode set to charge your mpg is going to drop to around 20-22 mpg.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Are you spending significantly less on gasoline per week/month. Are your stops at the gas station less frequent?
I test drove the Rubicon 4XE for a day, it was nice, so I dont own it. Have a 20 Rubicon and 18 Sahara amongst my fleet. My local dealer whom I do business with throws me keys to test drive stuff. They sold the 2 4XEs they had that week. I wanted to see how they drove and get an idea if I like it. Maybe buy one next year for the wife and get the SOT top.
Sponsored