Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
While at the Jeep Invasion this week in TN, I spoke with the guys at TSBracKits. They have a pretty slick doors off mirror setup that uses UTV mirrors. One of them has a 4xe, and said their upcoming JL setup will include light mounts and work with the 4xe.
Sponsored

BigG2

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Thanks! I didn't get an answer, even from smittybilt. But, I ordered 3 weeks ago and am still impatiently waiting. Sounds like they should be here in a couple weeks. Any install issues getting that nut in the frame? Any pics you care to share?
Sure..the instructions are crap..check videos from YouTube they are easier in case you are installing them yourself..the black is mine..the other one is from a friend I met who also has them on

E07152AF-5858-4052-B94D-09A3ED1D6D8C.jpeg

951CED25-8D95-4773-8500-B42EEF3DCEE7.png

BigG2

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Are those frame mounted? If i found the correct set Mike's Offroad has them for $382.00 right now.
Yeah, no drilling into the body or anything..that is a good price..I saw them in the internet for $365.00 I can remember where maybe you can check and have a price match..I bought them from the main factory where they make the smittybilt..got them for $406.00 tax included..there was no shipping, I drove down there.

Sponsored

nelson55917

First Name
NIck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xE
Yeah, no drilling into the body or anything..that is a good price..I saw them in the internet for $365.00 I can remember where maybe you can check and have a price match..I bought them from the main factory where they make the smittybilt..got them for $406.00 tax included..there was no shipping, I drove down there.
Finally received mine in the mail (took about 1 month) but price was right. Install was about 90 minutes which included taking the rubicon rock rails off. The nut plate was easier than anticipated with the use of an electrical wire to help guide into place. The package was missing the bolts, luckily my bolt bin had the exact ones I needed. Overall, I'm very happy with them especially at the $400 price point. We will see if they stand the test of time and MN winters.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories 20210903_201438[5970]

20210903_201438[5970].jpg

20210903_201455[5969].jpg

Last edited:

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
We went with the Westin triple tube rock slider steps. Similar to the SBs.

No fitment issue, other than the included u-bolts that replacethe lower nut plates in the SB apparently are made of glass and snap before the specified 32 ft lbs. working on figuring out what I can replace them with that would be stronger.

EDIT was able to reuse a set of factory M10 nut and bolts from the bumper. Enough friction on the bolt head to zip in in with an impact.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories AAC2560F-FEB3-4525-ABFF-B21CC52BC234

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories 16E9E124-B0F8-4F80-AC8A-6E6097D2BE59

image.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

pcsquared

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4xe
The quadratec brute strength side steps work well on the 4xe, though I dont imagine that's much of a suprise.

I think someone else posted about it, but probably deserves a mention on the original post: I can definitively confirm that the Mopar brake controller does not work with the 4xe. It needs a different harness to connect the controller to the vehicle, and the mopar timeline for that is "sometime before the end of 2022" :rock:

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The quadratec brute strength side steps work well on the 4xe, though I dont imagine that's much of a suprise.

I think someone else posted about it, but probably deserves a mention on the original post: I can definitively confirm that the Mopar brake controller does not work with the 4xe. It needs a different harness to connect the controller to the vehicle, and the mopar timeline for that is "sometime before the end of 2022" :rock:
Do you mind testing out the Aux kit for me? jK

bkhahn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara High Altitude 4XE
Anyone have luck finding a rear LED brake light wheel (3rd brake light within the rear wheel/tire) that works with the 4xe?
I can confirm the Quadratec 3rd Brakelight LED Ring works on the 4xe. No issue with any of the brake light wires or speaker wires, and the Y harness makes it dirt simple to install. Took me less than 25 minutes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories Rear Ring Complete

Last edited: