Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Seriously. Can someone explain this? How is this proper engineering?
My guess is at full flex, it needs the bow to clear the internal bump stop without catching. Since the axle rotation brings the lower perch inboard on the droop side.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories 1623299099404

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
My guess is at full flex, it needs the bow to clear the internal bump stop without catching. Since the axle rotation brings the lower perch inboard on the droop side.

1623299099404.png
But given the initial shape of the curve wouldn't the axle rotation exacerbate it to the point that it could unseat from the upper perch at full droop?

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
But given the initial shape of the curve wouldn't the axle rotation exacerbate it to the point that it could unseat from the upper perch at full droop?
I think it’s more in the isolator alignment at ride height, it’s not that the spring is bent that way. The spring may straighten out the further the axle droops. Almost like it curves out of the way on the way up.

Daystar makes a different isolator for the mopar lifts that eliminates it for people who are concerned.

jetfixer

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Where did you install the power box? Doesn't it normally go under the rear seats? Really want this set up, so very curious!
I moved it to under the front passenger seat carpet. I removed all trim from around the battery & their is no room for the control box. Another spot I forgot to look is under the center counsel.

Ccameron511

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
I had multiple issues with this:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/pre-runner-led-light-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

1. Unsure if this is 4xe or Rubicon specific, but my grill is actually the Gladiator mesh, so would need the Gladiator version for the lights to fit properly in the grill.

2. The wiring is not as simple as advertised, as the PHEV system is in the location where I should be able to find the driver side fender flare light harness.

If anyone has any tips or knows what I should be looking for, please help! Otherwise I'd say this (along with other lights that need to plug into the fender flare running lights) does not work.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
OP has a note that the Mopar lift is not currently working without bowing. Is this still the case, or has the revision addressed this?

If the revision corrected it, I there a new part number for the revised kit?

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
I have been watching this thread as I am looking for a dead pedal that would work for me. I am 5'5" so would need it to be longer (and closer) than the one posted already on this thread. Does anyone have recommendations? I have seen several that would be good candidates however people state those that mount to the firewall don't work with the 4xe.

Sponsored

Wandering_Cascadian

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe; 1976 GMC High Sierra 1500
I have been watching this thread as I am looking for a dead pedal that would work for me. I am 5'5" so would need it to be longer (and closer) than the one posted already on this thread. Does anyone have recommendations? I have seen several that would be good candidates however people state those that mount to the firewall don't work with the 4xe.
I was able to MAKE the Quadratec dead pedal work. I basically ground down the top section so it fit into the firewall area better, then used washers, a coupling nut, and a stud that I cut down to basically extend the stud in the firewall. It isn't pretty, but it works and you can't see it from the seat anyways so 🤷‍♂️. Granted not everyone is up for doing that.

I just really didn't like how the side mounted pedals don't extend all the way down to the floor, and the Quadratec does, especially with it's ability to rotate out of the way for removing the floor mat. After waiting more than a month for it to arrive, she was going in one way or another. :devil:

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I'm gonna need a link/part number for this.
Sure thing!

This is the holder/stand:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MXZ1XP5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I researched a few, this one had the best combination of price with really good reviews.

Went with this umbrella:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J4Z98TK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seemed like a decent size, good reviews, designed to allow some airflow to reduce wind turbulence, worked pretty good the day of that pic (and it was really windy).

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Tazer JL Mini - kind of has support for 4xe. It works, you just have to know you will get 5 CEL codes thrown (per ZAuto) after a full reboot (clear the CELs using Tazer).

ZAuto confirmed today that there is an issue with Tazer JL up to and including at least firmware version 11.2.8, specific to the 4xe.

Tazer will cause 5 CEL codes to be thrown on 4xes after a full Tazer reboot.

Their recommendation is to clear these CELs, while they work on a permanent fix - they mentioned coding in an automatic CEL clear after their reboot :/

I’m not crazy about the issue OR the fix (clearing CELs is a band-aid; stopping the CELs from being triggered would be a real fix).

Wanted to share the info in case others have been chasing this as I have.
Sponsored