Sponsored

JEEP 392 MP3022 FULL TIME 4WD/ 2WD HACK ? HELP!

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
I need help! Has anybody looked into the possibility of somehow overriding the MP3022 Full time 4WD on the 392? I know it is electronic. The other 2021 jeep's with the smaller motors come with the same transfer case and they can be in 2WD mode? I also have noticed that the front axel does not have the FAD system so there is no disconnect on it. Can the MP3022 disconnect from the front driveshaft ? I have not even received my 392 and am looking for ways to remove the safety features!
But what Jeep enthusiast doesn't! That's what Jeeps are for MODIFICATIONS !!
Sponsored

OP
OP
ValB

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
Chrome, you know I have to it's in my blood.!!

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
I for one think it’s awesome you’re already modding your 392... and you don’t even have it yet. Outstanding!
You sir, are all that’s right with the world.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ValB

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
Tazer JL Mini. Press button, get RWD.
Ok, now that you have my attention and my 392 is coming within the month, WHAT THE HELL ! does the Tazer unlock the transfer case ? and when you remove it will the Jeep dealer know it was used and void your warranty?

Last edited:

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Ok, now that you have my attention and my 392 is coming within the month, WHAT THE HELL ! does the Tazer unlock the transfer case ?
Yes. The transfer case is capable of RWD and is used on other vehicles where it includes RWD mode. Since the stresses of the 392 torque can be pretty high, they opted to not allow RWD - probably some snapped axles from going crazy on 37’s would make for some warranty claims!
The Tazer now can simply tell the case to switch to RWD as if it were programmed to do so. You can see in my video I’m not very easy on the Jeep, haven’t broken anything yet!

OP
OP
ValB

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
Yes. The transfer case is capable of RWD and is used on other vehicles where it includes RWD mode. Since the stresses of the 392 torque can be pretty high, they opted to not allow RWD - probably some snapped axles from going crazy on 37’s would make for some warranty claims!
The Tazer now can simply tell the case to switch to RWD as if it were programmed to do so. You can see in my video I’m not very easy on the Jeep, haven’t broken anything yet!
Thanks, I am ordering NOW to take with me to pick the Jeep up, I have to fly and drive the car back 500 miles. I ordered the same Bright White awesome !

Sponsored

OP
OP
ValB

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
Thanks, I am ordering NOW to take with me to pick the Jeep up, I have to fly and drive the car back 500 miles. I ordered the same Bright White awesome !
Now, how do we get past the 99MPH limit, I didn't see that on the Tazer instructions?

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
What button and what procedure to go back and forth? This is awesome!

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
So the idea of the 392 is to race @ every light making loud noises?

OP
OP
ValB

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
So the idea of the 392 is to race @ every light making loud noises?
I just wanted more power to pull my trailer. I missed my CJ5 with a 304 and waited all these years for one to come out, just wish my 392 was a little quieter...

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
I guess I am in the minority. I feel the 4 Auto is great. I don't have the need to "roast" my rear tires. Not condemning those actions, just not my thing with the Jeep. As far as making more power for pulling a trailer?

Sam
Sponsored