Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Agreed - it looks totally c👀l‼ Unfortunately, when it comes to concept vehicles, practicability is most often inversely proportional to the coolness factor. 😁
Basically. There are plenty of concept SEMA vehicles that don't even move under their own power, or have the "bluetooth driveshafts".
Nailed it! The fact mopar has plans to sell electric conversions that bolt up to standard engine mounts is huge
The whole point of this is that EV Conversion KITS will be available for people to convert their CJs, YJs, everything prior to a full BEV with a Kit.
No way can these teasers be production vehicles, the old ones would never pass modern safety and crash standards.
This is what we need to build our own EVs, I can't wait to do this to my YJ.
I imagine the market for these conversions will be enormous, Jeep planned ahead for this with the big "custom " factory they built.
All of this. Bingo. The one thing other than cost that's stopping me from V8 swapping my Jeep. Likewise, a wild ass plan I've come up with for buying an older Jeep, maybe.

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
I loved this concept when it came out several years ago with an ICE.

That said, I think the Ultimate Adventure build with a CJ6 body on a JK frame did it better because they sunk the body down. Just looks better in my opinion.

Also for those interested, there is a build thread on JeepForum of a guy doing his own electric swap on a CJ6. Interesting times ahead for sure!

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
You do realize with 24 batteries filling the back of the CJ6 there is zero storage?
Shhhhhhhh, don't say that nobody will buy it.

EV its not what you think you know, its what you don't know...

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
The whole point of this is that EV Conversion KITS will be available for people to convert their CJs, YJs, everything prior to a full BEV with a Kit.
No way can these teasers be production vehicles, the old ones would never pass modern safety and crash standards.
This is what we need to build our own EVs, I can't wait to do this to my YJ.
I imagine the market for these conversions will be enormous, Jeep planned ahead for this with the big "custom " factory they built.
I also can’t wait to do this to my TJ! Price terrifies me though. Imagine it’s $$
Sponsored