eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
After waiting almost a month to receive my new @JcrOffroad JL Short Roof Rack this is my initial first impression. The package was light and was well pack and protected. Once I started unpacking everything the box with the hardware was poorly pack.. All the hardware was loose which resulted on some bolts being missing. I figure no big deal I can go to the hardware store and get some. No instructions were included only a business card with a link to look up instruction. After going into the link and going every file uploaded there was no instruction for the JL Rack. I went into the JCR website and found the instructions there. The instructions can be better written but nothing that you probably can't figure out. So I proceed to assemble the roof rack when I realize that they had send me the wrong roof rack. It looks like they send me a JT (Gladiator) short roof rack. This is when my frustration finally kick in. Since I purchase this rack way in advance for my family vacation for this 4th of July weekend. There's a long wait time due to them manufacturing their rack only after an order has place. This tells me that their quality control is horrible. At what point do you realize that you are manufacturing the wrong item. Picture is included to show that I indeed order the right item. To make matter worse their customer service is not even open on Saturday. Which mean I have to wait until Monday to call and speak with a representative to see how they are going to resolve this issue. I hope they can resolve this issue before I have to leave for my family vacation and don't make me wait another month. At this point I'm extremely disappointed.

20200627_125444.jpg

20200627_125828.jpg

20200627_130002.jpg

20200627_141942.jpg

20200627_141733.jpg

JCR Shipping.PNG
Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
They will help you out. When I had an issue with my rear bumper, they were more than fair.

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
I hope they make it right for you too. I have to tell you, I was really frustrated just reading your post. I bought a Rhino-Rack and it was a daunting task to install but the packaging was superb and it had paper instructions, which are useful when installing things outside. Hope this gets resolved for you and hope you can still go on your vacation!

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
This blows, especially because of your trip. Hopefully, JCR will Make this right. Best of luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
eder214

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@JcrOffroad do you even provide customer service? After waiting all weekend to be able to call. I call first thing in the morning and I spoke to a representative. I explain to him the issue and the representative said he was going to check with someone else to see what parts I was missing. After I asked him if he could ship them over night since I really needed the rack for my vacation trip he replied he wasn't sure if he could help do to the cost. I explain to him that it was not my fault that I was put in this situation. He said he was going to talk to someone and give me a call back. I ask him to give me a call before noon I spoke with him around 8:15am I figure that was enough time to figure a solution for the problem. At 1:00pm I still had not receive a call. That's when I decided to call back and no one at JCR answer the phone not even after selecting all their different departments the automated system provides. I continue to call from 1:00pm until 5:00pm trying all the departments to be able to talk to someone. I must of call at least 30 times and not once did anyone pick up. I even use my work phone to make sure it was not my cellphone. I have never dealt with JCR before, but this experience has left me very dissatisfied at them as a company and I would not recommend anyone buying anything from them.

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@eder214 I don't think JCR Offroad cares about members of this forum. They only show up to post ads in their sponsor sub-forum.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Although my attention was grabbed by them when I first started investigating a JL purchase, I have long since written them off. Your real-world experience confirms my opinion.

I hope you get your money back and have a better experience with a more customer-focused company.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
After installing a JCR front and rear bumper and Tire carrier on my friends JLUR, I would not give you $12 for their products. The fit and function was shit, The tire carrier is terrible. JCR is in Michigan. We drove his Jeep with the bumpers mounted to JLUR down to them and showed them the problems with the tire carrier, how shitty their license plate relocation brackets were and asked them for a fix. They were like well this is what they have. The rear bump has almost fallen off on a trail ride and the bumper tire carrier is suck junk, The rear tire has almost fallen off twice and we have had to weld and add to it so that he does not lose his spare tire going down the road and potentially kill a family of 5 in a passing mini van. I also think that it is awesome that the whole JLUR is in metric fasteners expect for the JCR stuff. Now it take four different tools to change out a spare tire. WTF metric fasteners can not be that much more that the SAE fasteners so that he would not have to carry metric and now SAE tools. JCR is fucking lazy and have terrible service. Like I said, I would not spend $12 on their stuff.

Gadsden11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Well that seals it for me also. I really like the design and the aluminum construction, but no customer service is a killer for me.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
To counter all the haters, I love their rear bumper I bought. No issues. When their internal packaging failed and scratched the powder coating during shipping, they refunded the entire cost of coating ($150). I literally touched it up with a rattle can. Count me as a happy customer.
I also have a roof rack on order, excited for it to get here.

Sponsored

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
@eder214 I don't think JCR Offroad cares about members of this forum. They only show up to post ads in their sponsor sub-forum.
We care about all of our customers, I'm just personally behind this week on managing forums. I try to respond to everything we are tagged in as fast as I can, but it's not my only responsibility. Sorry if that makes it seem like we don't care.

@JcrOffroad do you even provide customer service? After waiting all weekend to be able to call. I call first thing in the morning and I spoke to a representative. I explain to him the issue and the representative said he was going to check with someone else to see what parts I was missing. After I asked him if he could ship them over night since I really needed the rack for my vacation trip he replied he wasn't sure if he could help do to the cost. I explain to him that it was not my fault that I was put in this situation. He said he was going to talk to someone and give me a call back. I ask him to give me a call before noon I spoke with him around 8:15am I figure that was enough time to figure a solution for the problem. At 1:00pm I still had not receive a call. That's when I decided to call back and no one at JCR answer the phone not even after selecting all their different departments the automated system provides. I continue to call from 1:00pm until 5:00pm trying all the departments to be able to talk to someone. I must of call at least 30 times and not once did anyone pick up. I even use my work phone to make sure it was not my cellphone. I have never dealt with JCR before, but this experience has left me very dissatisfied at them as a company and I would not recommend anyone buying anything from them.
We have 3 customer service reps that are at their desk all day from 9 - 6pm, plus the rest of us are all trying to answer e-mails after hours and on weekends. We are SLAMMED right now. I know that's not your problem, but I just want to let you know we aren't ignorning you or avoiding your call. This is an unprecedented time for us from an order volume and thus a customer service volume standpoint. I'd love to just add some more people to the team, but that's pretty risky considering we don't know if what has been happening the last few months is a fluke based on the state of the world. Keep in mind Michigan was shut down for 2 months, and we are still trying to figure out how to make up that lost time.

On to your issues.
I'm very sorry that you were shipped the wrong rack. That is obviously our mistake. I assume what happened is the labels or parts got mixed up at the last step in shipping. These things do happen, but it is rare. That also doesn't really help your situation though. I talked to Chris and he said that he got ahold of you yesterday and we are going to get a rack out ASAP. I know we don't have one on the shelf, so we are pushing one through fab for you.

If you have any more issues, please don't hesitate to reach out.

~Daryl

Last edited:

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
t and rear bumper and Tire carrier on my friends JLUR, I would not give you $12 for their products. The fit and function was shit, The tire carrier is terrible. JCR is in Michigan. We drove his Jeep with the bumpers mounted to JLUR down to them and showed them the problems with the tire carrier, how shitty their license plate relocation brackets were and asked them for a fix. They were like well this is what they have. The rear bump has almost fallen off on a trail ride and the bumper tire carrier is suck junk, The rear tire has almost fallen off twice and we have had to weld and add to it so that he does not lose his spare tire going down the road and potentially kill a family of 5 in a passing mini van. I also think that it is awesome that the whole JLUR is in metric fasteners expect for the JCR stuff. Now it take four different tools to change out a spare tire. WTF metric fasteners can not be that much more that the SAE fasteners so that he would not have to carry metric and now SAE tools. JCR is fucking lazy and have terrible service. Like I said, I would not spend $12 on their stuff.
I'm sorry, the rear bumper almost fell off? Can you elaborate? It has 4 large bolts per side holding it on. If there is something we need to warranty or deal with on your friend's Jeep please let us know. Also, I take personal offense to the "f'ing lazy and have terrible service" comment.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I'm sorry, the rear bumper almost fell off? Can you elaborate? It has 4 large bolts per side holding it on. If there is something we need to warranty or deal with on your friend's Jeep please let us know. Also, I take personal offense to the "f'ing lazy and have terrible service" comment.
You should take it personal. I take it personal that I took my time and my friends time to drive down to JCR and show them the problems in your parking lot and got o'well this is how we designed it. I find it that when questioned as to why you would use SAE fastener instead of metric fasteners, the response is well that is what we have. Are you or your engineers not aware that everything on the JL is a metric fastener? Thanks for making him carry additional tools for ever.

This is how a rear bumper comes lose with four large bolts per side. You provide weak washers that fold into the slotted holes that those bolts go through. The fix was easy. Go buy better washers. Also the rear tire carrier shakes like crazy and shakes everything loose.

So when we were in your parking lot with your people behind the desk and it is pointed out that the bracket that attaches to the tailgate was not correct and made it so the heim joint did not attached correctly, there was no care to fix it then. Did we work around it, Yes, This is what we did, we pulled the threaded joint out of the center section, and cut the length of the threaded section shorter so that we could shorten the joint up enough to be able to attach it to the tire carrier and the tailgate bracket. When shown that the tire carrier did not pull the tire into the tire carrier and stabilize the spear tire, they had no fix for that. The excuse was there is to much off set on the aftermarket wheel. Hum, I wonder what the popular off set might be for an aftermarket wheel on a JL? Well apparently it is not a -4.5..... or maybe it is? So the spare tire sits back there and shakes the crap out of the Jeep and he is consistently having to tighten everything back down. Not sure what happens when a 37 inch tire on a bead lock wheel does when it falls off a Jeep going down the highway at 70+ mph. I would just hope that it doesn't hit a mini van with a family in it. I hope that family doesn't take it personally.

If you want to prove that you have excellent customer service, I am sure I can get him and me to drive back down to JCR again and you can address these issues maybe a second time. I stand behind, I would not give you $12 dollars for your JL line of products. It is really to bad because being from Michigan, I and he enjoy supporting Michigan based business.

If you are wondering when we came to JCR to try to get these issues addressed, Here is screen shot of my Google Time Line.

Jeep Wrangler JL JCR Roof Rack Initial Bad Impression 1593628380476

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
If our tire mount doesn't work with your friend's setup in a way where it installs how we say it needs to be installed (tire against the carrier) I would recommend that he figures out a way to make it work correctly. If it truly is that much of a hazard (your theoretical minivan carrying a family) then continuing to use it while seeming like a threat on us, is just endangering other motorists. The tire is meant to press against the carrier, not dangle freely. Our mounts are set up to accommodate a MINIMUM of 5" of distance between the wheel mount surface and the outside of the sidewall. So that's right around 3.5" to 4" of actual wheel backspacing. If your friend's mount does not have this capacity then it's somehow incorrect and I would be happy to send him one.

My team says we did offer you a different tailgate mount as well as giving you an updated license plate/camera bracket when you stopped here. Did that not get resolved?

On the metric argument. SAE fasteners are more widely available in America, in more grades, and head styles. We don't do enough volume to source custom fasteners like an OE, so we use primarily SAE and use metric on interfaces to a vehicle where we have to. Most of our install instructions list hardware, so it's not like we are hoodwinking people about this.

How about this, have your friend leave the Jeep at our shop for the day, and I will personally make sure everything is properly installed and replace/fix whatever I need to to make it happen.

~Daryl