JCR Off Road Rock Sliders Question

Hellow0rld

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Mine also lined up perfectly as well. Can you post some photos?
Sponsored

jeep31

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
Mine also lined up perfectly as well. Can you post some photos?
I unfortunately didn't take pictures and put the bolts back to use that car.
I contacted JCR and hopefully will hear back from them soon. I don't really see what I could have done wrong with the install.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
I unfortunately didn't take pictures and put the bolts back to use that car.
I contacted JCR and hopefully will hear back from them soon. I don't really see what I could have done wrong with the install.
Sorry to hear you had issues! We will make sure tech support gets to the bottom of it.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
@JcrOffroad I love these rock slides and really want to get them.. How hard is it to install them, specifically the rock skins?? It looks like some serious drilling, which I can handle, but these nutserts scare me. I was watching your install video () and it seems like a lot of work to properly tighten and not screw up each nutsert. Do you have any more tips, or a better tool to ensure these crush properly and not crooked? Any idea if my local off-road shop would have that air tool to press these in?? I am in TX or else I would stop by your shop ;)

Also, in the install video, you used an impact wrench to pop off the body mount bolts. It looked too easy, but I have read horror stories even on this forum of folks breaking or fighting with those bolts. Do you recommend using a heat gun on the bolts which have threadlock from the factory? I wonder if the impact wrench is actually the best tool, since it provides better impactful torque than just a long ratchet with constant force from my hand. Is that your take?

Thanks!

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
@IPvFletch in our experience the impact has been the best tool for removing those bolts. We have not had an issue at our shop with any body mount bolt. Adding heat to the bolt would certainly help removal with hand tools, but the locking compound needs to get to 400 degrees and one has to take care to not burn the rubber body mount.

We are in the process of testing some hand rivnut tools, should have an answer next week on how useful they are. Prices are right around $75.

http://www.astrotools.com/hand-tool...ad-setting-hand-riveter-kit-1-2-capacity.html

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Any update on the hand rivet tools @JcrOffroad ?? What size nutserts are they? Guessing a hair smalling than 17/32, so probably 1/2"? Home Depot doesn't carry the larger ones (they go up to 1/4" only) so looks like this one on Amazon is the best bet. They have it on eBay for $5 less, but with Amazon I have no-hassle returns as long as it is still "like-new" condition... ;) :devil:

I just pulled the trigger and got the powder-coated Crusader Rock Sliders (4D) from 4WD.com with a very small Black Friday discount. Is there a lead time on the PC'd ones, or do they have stock already and can just ship out? Just wondering how long before I get them and I saw a note from you previously about 5 week lead times for powdercoating which is making me nervous..

TBH, I'm surprised not more folks are buying these. Maybe because they cannot be installed w/out the rock skin/nutserts. But that is what helps give this even more strength. I saw all the videos and these things can take a beating. Someone also posted a Deuce drove over a set and they weren't tweaked at all. I have yet to see similar videos from similarly-designed sliders. But that's OK, I was going for unique, and not "what everyone else has".. :sun:

Last edited:

Hesldman45

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey guys, sorry, realizing this thread is a little old. Shopping these sliders because I’m looking for some ‘steps’. Any feedback on how functional they are for that purpose? Not looking for a running board, just an extra boost for the little ones in the backseat. These look like they will perfect, just want to make sure.
BTW, I love the JCR bumper/tire setup I have now so looking forward to some good reviews. Thanks

OP
OP
MikeJLURubi

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Hey guys, sorry, realizing this thread is a little old. Shopping these sliders because I’m looking for some ‘steps’. Any feedback on how functional they are for that purpose? Not looking for a running board, just an extra boost for the little ones in the backseat. These look like they will perfect, just want to make sure.
BTW, I love the JCR bumper/tire setup I have now so looking forward to some good reviews. Thanks

OP
OP
MikeJLURubi

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
I love mine. They do function as a step without looking like one or losing any ground coverage especially if you dont have a lift.
Hope this helps.

Hesldman45

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I love mine. They do function as a step without looking like one or losing any ground coverage especially if you dont have a lift.
Hope this helps.

Yes. thank you!

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
tbh any slider that is also a step is not a GREAT step, because it is kind of too high to use as a step.. maybe if you're on the shorter side, it is more functional, but I'm 6' and if I try to step up onto these, I end up way too high to get into my Jeep, so usually I just kind of jump into my Jeep and don't even use these as a step..

For working on your hardtop, etc, however, it's awesome as a step. It does come in quite handy from time-to-time, but I don't feel it's great purely as a step for a lifted rig.
Sponsored