OP
DickZip

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I appreciate the input from the forum members,
I don’t understand JCR’s stance on this matter. I did in fact spend 4,000.00 maybe it was 3900.00 for the items I listed prior. JCR seems to be implying that there is more to the story when they state “dragging the TRUE details of a situation with a customer out into the open isn’t really great customer service either”, SAY WHAT? “More to the story”, SAY WHAT?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Dragging the true details of a situation with a customer out in the open isn't really geat customer service either. We made the decision to reply with our official policy on the hardware (that's a direct copy from our website) and an explanation of why the failure happened. We could have also made the decision to say, "Sorry, our mistake, we will get that part out to you ASAP." But we didn't.

So people can read this thread and either think we are the dumbest company ever, or that there is more to the story.

If anyone has questions about our products or warranty (not related to this situation) please feel free to contact our customer service team at 269-353-1184 or [email protected]
is it just that you don't want to set a precedent, or do you really feel that somehow denying a customer a $20 part is the truly correct thing to do? Even if that customer is wrong (or haven't your heard the mantra "The customer is always right?). I have seen so many companies hide behind "company policy" it makes me rather sad and indignant. Some companies do it and people die. That's not the case here, but still, a company is made up of PEOPLE, and PEOPLE make the decisions. Hiding behind a "policy" is so, well, it's just BS. It would only take one PERSON to do the right thing.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate the imput from the forum members,
I don’t understand JCR’s stance on this matter. I did in fact spend 4,000.00 maybe it was 3900.00 for the items I listed prior. JCR seems to be implying that there is more to the story when they state “dragging the TRUE details of a situation with a customer out into the open isn’t really great customer service either”, SAY WHAT? “More to the story”, SAY WHAT?
have you ever hear the saying, "there are three sides to every story"?

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well, tough line in that Dick spent a lot of money on one particular manufacturer's products, so I can certainly understand his frustration, as I'd be upset as well. Mirroring another's comments regarding a seal that was missing in an expensive kit would and the frustration of dealing with the mfg in trying to obtain that missing seal would have me entirely frustrated as well.

On the other hand, from the manufacturer's perspective, they are trying to protect their finances as I'm sure that they probably receive many calls on a daily basis where someone has abused their product beyond recognition with blatant lack of care for said product and wants a replacement for free or something along those lines.

While I've not had any issues with the hardware I've upgraded my jeep with, I did have a past encounter in purchasing tires from TireRack for another vehicle. Ultimately I had a faulty tire that made it onto my vehicle and didn't show up until a short time later after a few miles. Tire rack did the right thing and replaced ALL of my tires (had about 7k on them at that point) and even paid for reinstallation and rebalancing at the local BMW dealer who also uses that hunter road force machine for balancing.

Long story short, I believe that the manufacturers could provide a little more in as far as serving their customers better by simply making your life easier with just giving you that $20 part. Also including a $9 seal that wasn't provided in the other person kit. After all, that's not going to make or break any of these manufacturers. But I suspect that it seems that this industry dealing with jeeps, and likely the perceived abuse or use of the vehicle that these mfg's simply just don't want to deal with these issues. Mirror that comment with my feelings (and others) about dealing with your local Jeep dealer in trying to get something fixed from the mfg.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
But I suspect that it seems that this industry dealing with jeeps, and likely the perceived abuse or use of the vehicle that these mfg's simply just don't want to deal with these issues.
i don't thing JCR "just doesn't want to deal with these issues" they came on here, twice and told DickZip, God and country that servicing ole DickZip his $20 part wasn't in their best interest and there was more to the story. aka, instead of throw some mud back at a shit flinging customer, they would take the "bad press" on the chin, just to prove their point.

the fact that ole DickZip cant even see JCRs side of the story is pretty telling in itself. self awareness and customers don't really go hand in hand. somehow a bag of money is supposed to alleviate them being a complete asses.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
@DickZip did you ever get the part? I am looking at getting some parts for my JLR and am wondering if JCR eventually did the right thing?

Thankfully the parts I am looking at have no moving parts and should be reliable...

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The problem with the internet. Stuff stays around for EVER. Or at least it is for JCR. Probably the most expensive post they ever made. Not sure how many people have read this thread and then just completely passed on buying anything from JCR, be it a $100 item or $5000 for their build.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
The problem with the internet. Stuff stays around for EVER. Or at least it is for JCR. Probably the most expensive post they ever made. Not sure how many people have read this thread and then just completely passed on buying anything from JCR, be it a $100 item or $5000 for their build.
I'm on the fence for fenders and sliders, so at least $2,500. This is assuming I can actually order the sliders from the 3rd party vendors who list them on their website and can confirm they are in stock or can get them for me. JCR no longer makes sliders for the 2 door JL.

One thing I notice in the Jeep industry, lots of companies out there and a large portion of them aren't great to work with...

Last edited:

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6

This also worries me and would really annoy me enough to send them back if I ordered them. Everything I seen advertised on them shows bigger inside mounted lights and not the external mounted tiny lights...

I did take a chance and ordered some though a vendor.

EDIT:
Jeep Wrangler JL JCR not standing behind their Part JLSL-CRL_7

Looking it up on their website for the 4 door model, they show the updated lights. Those don't look as bed and are internal and probably more durable. But probably don't perform as well, I would be okay with it.

EDIT 2: Looks as if my order was canceled, I'm going to go with ARB.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer

This also worries me and would really annoy me enough to send them back if I ordered them. Everything I seen advertised on them shows bigger inside mounted lights and not the external mounted tiny lights...

I did take a chance and ordered some though a vendor.

EDIT:
JLSL-CRL_7.jpg

Looking it up on their website for the 4 door model, they show the updated lights. Those don't look as bed and are internal and probably more durable. But probably don't perform as well, I would be okay with it.

EDIT 2: Looks as if my order was canceled, I'm going to go with ARB.
Hey Steven, the lights are the smaller style. They are brighter and offer less chance of getting hit by sneaky rocks. The update is noted in this photo on the product page, and this text on the product description, " New design features smaller and brighter LEDs. See the product photos with the text "Updated LEDs Shown" as an example. The rest of the slider is the same as the other photos. "

That said the 2 door version has been discontinued, we hope whatever vendor you ordered through communicated properly with you. Let us know if you have any other questions.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JLSL-CRL-4D.html

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Being real people and not just a megacorp means we choose to be honest and sometimes that means we lose money. Some things are more important. Like we said, more to the story, and years later still not commenting further on it 👍

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
I am slowly building a list of stuff i want for the Jeep and a few things from JCR was on the list. after reading this thread and seeing the arrogant answers from a company who could have addressed this a whole lot differently and gained a lot of customers - i have decided not to engage with this company.

Yeah there could be more to the story, but as a company JCR decided to throw warranty fine prints. not something I want to deal with. plenty of other companies to choose from

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
It is hard to beat Metalcloak customer service. On a Wednesday I had my wrangler serviced. I was told the nut had come off the sway bar disconnect and they had removed it. It looked like it had come off some time before as the threads were completely damaged. Saturday I was due to go on a weekend off roading adventure. I did not know what I was going to do. Next morning, Thursday AM I put in a call to Metalcloak. They asked for a photo. They immediately overnighted with Federal Express a new set, both sides. No charge, no questions asked. I received the package at 345PM on Friday and reinstalled the piece in 45 minutes. Off I went on Saturday as planned. Now that is customer service! This also not the first time they have provided replacement parts at no charge, no questions. Great company, great quality, great customer service! JCR could learn a thing or two from them. EOS

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
I figured I’d quote this before they get smart and change their reply. This is about the worst response one could ever hope for. Definitely have zero interest in spending my money with a company that acts like this. You’d all be wise to look at this response and seriously consider other manufacturers that make an effort to take care of their customers.

Offering a part at cost or not, all it takes is, hey give us a call so we can get some more info and try to make this right. Hiding behind the text of a warranty without all the facts isn’t customer service.
Absolutely, and what about just simply replacing the part along with looking into how it broke. It might have been the customer’s fault without them realizing it. How about working with them for a solution as to this not happening again. Maybe a redesign or some kind or part improvement. Everything can be made better. How about that approach instead of hiding behind warranty explanations. Not the kind of advertising any company needs.
Sponsored