Sponsored

JCR Crusader Rock Rails...Anyone have these?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Is anyone rocking (pun intended!) the JCR Crusader two-piece Rock Rails on their 2-door JL's? Looked through the forum but saw no feedback. They sit high for maximum ground clearance, angled and smooth bottomed for sliding and look wicked strong from the crazy video clips on JCR's website. I originally dismissed these as I did not want to drill lots of holes in my baby's beautiful Bikini body...kinda of over that now. I replaced the OEM Rubi rock rails with the Mopar Performance ones and they are much heavier than OEM but no where near the 3/16" skin of the JCR's...Picture below is from the manufactures website.
Jeep Wrangler JL JCR Crusader Rock Rails...Anyone have these? Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 9.01.49 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
They certainly look nice, but their still mounted to the body. Any hit will transfer right through and result in body damage. I plan on taking slider hits, but don't want the body damage. I went with the frame mounted LOD Destroyers, which don't seem to hang any lower than the ones you referenced.
Jeep Wrangler JL JCR Crusader Rock Rails...Anyone have these? 1597340604038_resized

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
They certainly look nice, but their still mounted to the body. Any hit will transfer right through and result in body damage. I plan on taking slider hits, but don't want the body damage. I went with the frame mounted LOD Destroyers, which don't seem to hang any lower than the ones you referenced.
Jeep Wrangler JL JCR Crusader Rock Rails...Anyone have these? 1597340604038_resized

Yours look awesome and LOD does have a great reputation! I originally went with ROAM frame mounted rock rails which are very similar in design & mounting. However I could not get them to properly line-up with the body seams (rear angled down) and really wanted something with an OEM type fit and finish. Also after aligning best possible and fully tightening all bolts, I could push hard upwards (from underneath laying on my back) on the very front of the rail (right behind the front tire) and flex it enough to nearly touch the body...So I returned them and went with the Mopar Performance Rock Rails, which at least are much heavier than OEM Rubi rails.
Still looking for some real world feedback on the JCR Crusaders, however from videos I have seen they seem to take a real beating without any visible body damage...
Sponsored