• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Texas Japanese import 1995 J55 - $12k

thehaf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited; 1995 Mitsubishi J-55 import
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Newly imported Japanese Mitsubishi J55 Turbo diesel Jeep. Based off the CJ3B and licensed to Mitsubishi for sale in Japan from 53-98. Unstoppable little beast with an I4 turbo diesel with low miles! Wasn't available to bring to the US until March of this year, a rare and unique ride.

Runs great, imported in July and has clean TX title and antique plates. Right hand drive, 4 speed manual, odometer is in kilometers, 24 volt system.
The advertised top speed is 73 but it's really most comfortable at 45-55--not an interstate driver for sure. I drove it daily in Okinawa Japan from Feb 2019- June 2020. Minimal rust for a 25 year old island vehicle, sound mechanical condition. I recently drove it from Dallas down here to San Antonio without issue.

Planned on keeping it but we left Japan due to my daughter being diagnosed with Leukemia and multiple international moves in a year, repeatedly setting up new residence gets expensive. Hit me up with any questions.

The good: low mileage, runs great, excellent heater, newer tires, new clutch release cylinder assembly and reservoir, minimal rust, unique, fun, and reliable, full body replacement pieces readily available, turbo, diesel, over 30mpg!

The bad: no AC, one bad rust spot on a fender, few small spots on the body, missing glove box and lid, no radio, top speed makes it unfit for interstate, seats are not original--though solidly installed they are mounted with makeshift brackets. Since shipment, seems to be leaking brake fluid. No puddles, brakes are firm and operational but reservoir needs topped off on occasion. Haven't had time to track down the leak. Lastly, I lost a metal rod door support from the full top on the trip from Dallas to San Antonio. Should be easy enough to find a replacement round metal bar

Asking price is $12,000. Located in San Antonio, TX. No shipping.
Jeep Wrangler JL Japanese import 1995 J55 - $12k PXL_20201124_215309796

Jeep Wrangler JL Japanese import 1995 J55 - $12k received_700879377094667

Jeep Wrangler JL Japanese import 1995 J55 - $12k Screenshot_20201125-091901

IMG_20200828_113751.jpg

Screenshot_20201125-091901.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
thehaf

thehaf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone has any recommendations on other places I might list my Jeep please let me know.

OP
OP
thehaf

thehaf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the suggestion. Auctions are such a crap shoot. Case in point, the immaculate J55 selling there right now. You can't even buy one of these in Japan that's half as nice for its current bid. Hope for the sellers sake it has a reserve.
Sponsored