Sponsored

James Baroud Evasion XXL Hard Shell

Lfarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Curios if anyone has the James Baroud Evasion XXL on their JLUR and could share pictures.

TIA
Sponsored

HIAZAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
I'm trying to decide between the Evasion standard and the XXL. I heard there were challenges doing an awning with the XXL.

OP
OP

Lfarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm trying to decide between the Evasion standard and the XXL. I heard there were challenges doing an awning with the XXL.
Yea I am too and have heard same thing with XXL. Local install in Denver said he could make it work with Rhino Rack awning I already have. Leaning towards XXL for extra space and comfort. Thanks for the reply on past post with picture.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lfarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Boondoggler I did. I have a 2018 JLUR. Absolutely love the tent. Used it a decent amount over the summer and really have no complaints thus far. Only cons are going to the bathroom at night from my opinion. Super easy quick setup and tear down and very comfortable.

Boondoggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
@Boondoggler I did. I have a 2018 JLUR. Absolutely love the tent. Used it a decent amount over the summer and really have no complaints thus far. Only cons are going to the bathroom at night from my opinion. Super easy quick setup and tear down and very comfortable.
Would you by chance have any Front, Back & Side pictures you can share? It is really hard to visualize whether the XXL is too wide esthetically for the JLUR. TIA !!

OP
OP

Lfarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Boondoggler
Jeep Wrangler JL James Baroud Evasion XXL Hard Shell 1637256225238
Jeep Wrangler JL James Baroud Evasion XXL Hard Shell 1637256322736
Jeep Wrangler JL James Baroud Evasion XXL Hard Shell 1637256285715

Only other con I'll add is the additional noise the tent brings to overall ride. Ride already had some decent noise prior to adding the tent because of the rhino rack but keep that in my mind. You'll most likely find that any brand RTT though

Sponsored

Boondoggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Thanks for the pics; man, from the rear it looks ginormous!
But space differential compared to the Std is substantial...and probably very welcomed in the long run when doing extended duration trips! (?)
I like a quiet cabin, but was eyes wide open when becoming a Jeeper; I will most likely DIY headliners that leans toward sound deadening vs insulation (figure the tent will help some with the sun exposure). By chance know anyone else in the market for one? ...would love to negotiate together (prices on everything has gone up so much).

Love that stubby! Oh yeah, the rear view pic scenery is incredible; where were you when that was taken?

Thanks Again!

OP
OP

Lfarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Boondoggler Yea we figured more space would be preferred as we get older and do longer trips. We have one dog currently so that helped to push our decision towards an XXL, plus we love having a big space to sleep. I don't currently have any insulation kit but have been considering it. Recently installed some rubber weather stripping to the rhino rack but that didn't seem to do much. Pic was taken in Telluride. If you're located in CO highly recommend going through Altitude Industries. Great service. I don't know anyone in market for one

Boondoggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
@Lfarbs for the added noise (mainly from the front bar of the rack platform), try "candy striping" (gradual spiral across the length) that bar with something akin to a licorice rope :) That shape disrupts the air flow path just enough to drastically reduce its ability to generate wind noise. The noise by the tent, well, the tent is the tent.

Thanks again.
Sponsored