Jacking up a lifted Jeep

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
I've been procrastinating on the Safejack ever since I posted it. Already have a 12-ton bottle jack, but once you get the accessories for it, the damn thing weighs a ton. Been on the fence about just replacing it with the 6-ton kit, or just bit the bullet and get the 12-ton kit without jack.

The 6-ton kit likely weights as much total as the 12-ton bottle jack alone.
Sponsored

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I got my Safe Jack yesterday. I went with the Sergeant one. It comes in a 50 cal ammo can so I can just put in the back and forget about it and hope I never have to use it. It does seem really well made and looks like it will be very sturdy. I also bought the Universal Bottle Jack Base. It's nice because it fits in the ammo can. It's obviously a little expensive but I figure I'll have it the rest of my life so its worth it.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I had the ARB Bushranger X-Jack which is a blow up jack. I carried it for around five years before I went to use it and it was leaking around the valve stem. With my CO2 tank I was able to blow it up (I know you can use the exhaust also) but it wouldn't stay up long enough to help. I was trying to get unstuck not change a tire. I was finally able to dig my way out. I couldn't figure out a way to change the valve stem so I just left it in Australia when I came back home.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
Well now I know where all the leaf spring brackets have went.... Bottle jack buddies. FYI a "trick" when using a Hi-Lift jack to raise tire off ground is to have a short ratchet strap with hooks or chain with hooks (I prefer the first one). Attach to something on body and wrap around axle. To stop axle droop. I have hooked up to top of shock then around axle then jack up with Hi-Lift. It can / will make a big difference, like able to use a 48 in vs 60 Hi-Lift.
Sponsored