J Scan vs Z taser Advice please……..

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I have banks derringer, tazerJL,JScan,alphaobd and hptuners . Tazer and derringer are always used , the others are for more permanent changes

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Yep; I tried to describe it in the simplest terms possible and remain factually correct--perhaps a better way to say it is that Tazer "stores" settings within itself and JSCAN does not which is why JSCAN has no marry/unmarry feature.

I have nothing against Tazer, but after using both, JSCAN fits my needs better and it is easier to use. The two things that I am not a fan of with Tazer is the cheesy menu using the steering wheel controls and the marry/unmarry function--but that is just me.

If JSCAN gives you what you seek, it is cheaper and easier to use, if it does not, then Tazer is available.
So, does anyone know why Tazer does not have an intuitive menu or app like the JScan?
The cheesy menu using the steering wheel, tech that was born in like 1990, is exactly why my Tazer Mini is sitting in my glove box. I can plug it in and use it if I am desperate, but I haven't been that desperate yet.
I even went to Z Automotive's website and made the suggestion of any kind of GUI integration in their customer feedback portal, because that steering wheel/radio interaction tech is so unwieldy. Left my name and contact information too. That was a few months ago and nothing back from them.
The telltale sign of how ancient this tech is, is they still use the USB mini port.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
So, does anyone know why Tazer does not have an intuitive menu or app like the JScan?
The cheesy menu using the steering wheel, tech that was born in like 1990, is exactly why my Tazer Mini is sitting in my glove box. I can plug it in and use it if I am desperate, but I haven't been that desperate yet.
I even went to Z Automotive's website and made the suggestion of any kind of GUI integration in their customer feedback portal, because that steering wheel/radio interaction tech is so unwieldy. Left my name and contact information too. That was a few months ago and nothing back from them.
The telltale sign of how ancient this tech is, is they still use the USB mini port.
@Yogi

LOL...

The Tech as you call it, is far from being "ancient"...

I'm sure Joe laughed like hell at your suggestion... at your comments just as I am now..

IF you can't do the selections with simple steering wheel button pushes .. and you can't do the necessary, simple procedures... well, that is solely on you... your problem. Don't blame the tool.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The steering wheel is where I want my buttons ……who the hell gives two shits about being cheesy, for me it’s more about functionality, I’m not a lazy person by nature so I don’t mind marry/unmarry, especially since I’ve been to the dealership twice in the last 4 years….🤣 .

I got lockers, sway bar disconnect, and turn assist remapped to the steering wheel buttons……this feature, as well as being able to use lockers in 4 H and rear lockers 2WD , go as fast as I want without sway bar reconnecting, is why for me it’s Tazer for the win!! Btw, the turn assist is badass, I’ll probably never need it, lol, still badass..😎

Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Analog radios and crank windows! Get rid of the AC too. What, do you think your body cant regulate temperature? LOL
I wished I had gone with the Tazer, but having already dropped money on a FlashCal over 3 years ago, that is not were my money or priorities wants to circle back too. LOL.

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Analog radios and crank windows! Get rid of the AC too. What, do you think your body cant regulate temperature? LOL
I wished I had gone with the Tazer, but havng already dropped money on a FlashCal over 3 years ago, that is not were my money or priorities wants to circle back too. LOL.
Yeah, far too many other parts I'd rather spend your money on. ;)

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I think he's actually trying to tell us that he's good and we can be quiet now. 🤣
The OP cant dictate when diarrhea of the mouth ends? The thread ends when we've passed out or we see another thread worthy of our diarrhea. LOL

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
@Yogi

LOL...

The Tech as you call it, is far from being "ancient"... Comments like this say lots...

I'm sure Joe laughed like hell at your suggestion... at your comments just as I am now..

IF you can't do the selections with steering wheel button pushes .. procedures... that is solely on you...
Wow. Who pi$$ed in your corn flakes this morning?
Look, I didn't ask to be insulted, or ridiculed, for asking a simple question, but we can go that route if you choose.
"Joe" is a buddy of yours? Or are you just throwing out a name to impress?
You are 100% correct of course that "Joe" is laughing ... all the way to the bank. No hardware or GUI upgrade since the product was launched. That's money in the bank baby.
You can laugh all you want. It is ancient UI tech, just like the USB 1.0 Mini port it uses, and there's no way to deny that. Name one piece of tech, besides your mid-90's Motorola flip phone, that still uses it for data transfer.
Who said I can't manage it's current UI? It certainly wasn't me. I said it's unwieldy. Perhaps a remedial reading comprehension course is in order?
Once you've used up your four pre-programmed buttons, every command after is a selective menu option once you have your EPIC in the correct mode. All I'm saying, in case you didn't catch it, was it's much easier to select the command from an app on your phone or tablet.
If JScan and Superchips can do it, why can't Z Automotive? Did they run out of R&D funds, or is it just too difficult to write the code on an 8kb EEPROM?
Lastly, do not misconstrue what I am saying. I didn't say I didn't like the Tazer Mini. I happen to like it's features. It is the UI that I am in askance of. I'm simply wishing for a simpler, easier, interface. From a Z Automotive marketing standpoint it should be a no-brainer. There would absolutely be no question of which device to purchase regardless of your programming capabilities, and threads like this would not be necessary.

Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
The OP cant dictate when diarrhea of the mouth ends? The thread ends when we've passed out or we see another thread worthy of our diarrhea. LOL
HAHAHAHA. Well, at least at least try to give OP an escape route.

@KHR Racing --

If you're done here, this conversation could still go on for months. (Years, actually.) And you probably don't want to get an email every time it happens. If you haven't already, consider going to the upper-right of this page hitting the UNWATCH button or UNSUBSCRIBE button... or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days. :party:

You ask a lively question!

OP
OP

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
I’m not trying to dictate anything. You are reading WAY TOO MUCH BETWEEN THE LINES. I am very grateful to everyone that has helped me with their opinions and their directions for me. Party On!

OP
OP

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
I think he's actually trying to tell us that he's good and we can be quiet now. 🤣
Not at all……. I immensely appreciate everyone’s help and I truly wish I could get everyone together for tacos and beer cause I wouldn’t mind blowing the bucks because everyone is extremely helpful. Party On!

Rogue321

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Probably a more recent thread to revive, but this one popped up first.

JSCAN will probably do all I need. Tire size and pressure and disabling Auto Start/Stop.

However, I need a GPS tracking device that plugs into the OBD port. There's adaptors I've seen, but will both of these devices work with a device that is plugged into the OBD port? It SHOULD work, but seeing if anyone has ran into issues.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Probably a more recent thread to revive, but this one popped up first.

JSCAN will probably do all I need. Tire size and pressure and disabling Auto Start/Stop.

However, I need a GPS tracking device that plugs into the OBD port. There's adaptors I've seen, but will both of these devices work with a device that is plugged into the OBD port? It SHOULD work, but seeing if anyone has ran into issues.
JSCAN will not disable ESS. You need this:

https://www.smartstopstart.com/jeep-dodge-chrysler-products.html
Sponsored